Duckfan4ever

Dante Moore Playing for Chip Kelly?

Dante Moore would be nuts to play for Chip Kelly. Terrible coach at NFL level, did little for DTR and would do better as a used car salesman.

• Yikes! 1

My apologies to all the good Used-Car Salespeople of the world...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

WWW.ESPN.COM

Quarterback Collin Schlee, who threw for over 2,100 yards and 13 touchdowns this season for Kent State, has indicated that he's...

Admittedly, I felt a sense of panic when I was reading all the blurbs about Dante Moore possibly flipping to UCLA. However, according to the ESPN story above, you have ex-Kent St QB Collin Schlee transferring to UCLA as well as four-star quarterback Justin Martyn arriving as a freshman.

DM would have more competition to win the starting job at UCLA if he flips there.

Assuming Bo stays, DM would have only one year theoretically to ride the bench at Oregon. IMHO that would be beneficial for him to learn the system to take over the starting QB job once Bo leaves. Hopefully DM honors his commitment.

I would be surprised if Chip was still UCLA’s coach in 2-3 years. Many at UCLA wanted to get rid of him last year but his buy out was too rich. 

• Thumbs Up 1

That was an error in the ESPN article. Justyn Martin is not “arriving as a freshman”, he was a freshman on the team this year.

Moore is not winning the starting job next season at UCLA with Schlee and Martin in the fold.  

If Moore is a true college QB worth all the press he is getting he will get plenty of playing time with the Ducks. If our defensive woes get ironed out there will be some blowout wins next season and Dante will see plenty of helmet time.

On 12/17/2022 at 8:29 PM, Charles Fischer said:

My apologies to all the good Used-Car Salespeople of the world...

I was a used car salesman for one week.

I know young people complain about the job and housing market these days, but after 9/11 the economy tanked, right when I was a senior! Pretty much zero worthwhile companies came to UO's business school job fair later that year, unlike in Spring 2001.  I was interviewed by KEZI for a short news-bite, and in a job interview the guys interviewing me stopped the questions for a bit while smirking, and said, "aren't you the guy that was on the local news last night saying that you just needed any job in business?" 

So, I was lucky, and I actually went to work for a corporation in Germany (unfortunately I saw the Ducks lose in a bowl game to Wake Forest at a bar in Amsterdam). When I got back the economy still sucked, so I worked at a dealership in Portland for a week. I had a job offer that started at $40k, but told a saleslady that I was shadowing that it seemed a little low, and she said she'd been there for 10 years, and never made more than $30,000.

Anyway, long story. At least I incorporated the Ducks in the tale.

Edited by 2002duck

Confirmed, Schlee does commit to UCLA...

What does QB Collin Schlee's commitment to UCLA mean for Dante Moore and the Ducks?

It was reported first by ESPN’s Pete Thamel that former Kent State QB Collin Schlee was transferring to the UCLA Bruins, and later confirmed by the school. Believe it or not, this has a potentially major impact on the Ducks, as I wrote on Friday. Let’s break down why it’s important.

I don’t think Collin Schlee is transferring to the UCLA Bruins to serve as a backup. He may have been told that he is going to be in a quarterback competition with other passers — potentially a 5-star freshman — but after the career that Schlee has had and with his standing as one of the top available quarterbacks in the transfer portal, this is not a move where I think he was sold on going to Westwood to wait in the wings.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

UCLA landed QB Collin Schlee in the transfer portal on Saturday. What does that mean for Oregon when it comes to Dante Moore?

• Thumbs Up 1

What does it say about this Oregon staff if they let our 2 best recruits flip right before signing day?

On 12/18/2022 at 11:35 AM, Krsmqn said:

What does it say about this Oregon staff if they let our 2 best recruits flip right before signing day?

If I had a penny for every time a teenage boy changed his mind despite the advice and encouragement of adults I would be wealthy beyond my wildest dreams.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Part of me believes that this is pundits pushing for click bait. Has Dante ever said anything other than he is 100 percent committed to the ducks? Also, if I remember correctly, didn't he say he isn't interested in NIL and is interested in the school? I think if NIL was leading his decision he would still be open to AtM

If Moore does go to UCLA its because of the status of the PAC and he would be recognized more in the Big.

At this point in time the PAC is just a glorified Mountain West.

On 12/18/2022 at 12:08 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

If Moore does go to UCLA its because of the status of the PAC and he would be recognized more in the Big.

At this point in time the PAC is just a glorified Mountain West.

I have to disagree. Oregon, Washington, Oregon state and Utah can compete with anyone in the country. Only 3 or 4 teams are out of there league.

Oregon is a top 10 fan base. Throw in Deon Sanders at Colorado. The Pac has potential to become one of the best conferences in the country. 

On 12/18/2022 at 12:23 PM, Log Haulin said:

I have to disagree. Oregon, Washington, Oregon state and Utah can compete with anyone in the country. Only 3 or 4 teams are out of there league.

Oregon is a top 10 fan base. Throw in Deon Sanders at Colorado. The Pac has potential to become one of the best conferences in the country. 

NOT IN PUBLICITY and TV $$$$$$$

Take a look at this.

Institution Location Founded Joined Type Enrollment Endowment (millions) Nickname Colors
East Division
Indiana University Bloomington Bloomington, Indiana 1820 1899[a] Public 42,552 $3,317 Hoosiers    
University of Maryland, College Park College Park, Maryland 1856 2014 Public (land-grant) 40,709 $1,993 Terrapins        
University of Michigan Ann Arbor, Michigan 1817 1896,
1917[b]
Public 47,907 $17,022 Wolverines    
Michigan State University East Lansing, Michigan 1855 1950[c] Public (land-grant) 49,695 $3,926 Spartans    
Ohio State University Columbus, Ohio 1870 1912 61,369 $6,814 Buckeyes    
Pennsylvania State University University Park, Pennsylvania 1855 1990[d] 45,901 $4,613 Nittany Lions    
Rutgers University New BrunswickPiscataway, New Jersey 1766 2014 50,411 $2,000 Scarlet Knights  
West Division
University of Illinois Urbana–Champaign Urbana-Champaign, Illinois 1867 1896 Public (land-grant) 52,331 $3,380 Fighting Illini    
University of Iowa Iowa City, Iowa 1847 1899[e] Public 30,448 $3,137 Hawkeyes    
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities Minneapolis-St. Paul, Minnesota 1851 1896 Public (land-grant) 52,017 $5,443 Golden Gophers    
University of Nebraska–Lincoln Lincoln, Nebraska 1869 2011 25,057 $2,310 Cornhuskers    
Northwestern University Evanston, Illinois 1851 1896 Private not-for-profit (non-sectarian) 22,316 $14,958 Wildcats    
Purdue University West Lafayette, Indiana 1869 Public (land-grant) 45,869 $3,584 Boilermakers    
University of Wisconsin–Madison Madison, Wisconsin 1848 47,935 $3,981 Badgers    
Now lets include the Southern California schools.

On 12/19/2022 at 6:28 AM, 1Ducker1 said:

NOT IN PUBLICITY and TV $$$$$$$

You have a valid point there. But if the remaining PAC-12 teams keep winning the OOC games that matter and do well in the CFP, those should take care of themselves - at least to a degree.

In Oregon's case, I attended during the lean years when Oregon was a team that others would schedule for their homecoming when they needed a gimme. Never in a million years at the time would I have thought that Oregon would play in a couple of natties, let alone win a couple of Rose Bowls, or even be attractive to blue-chip talent. And look where we're at now.

To be sure, losing USC and UCLA is big blow to the PAC for now. But winning cures everything.

• Applause 1