Charles Fischer

Top Remaining Target LOI Recruits for Oregon

When they announce and sign:

January 7: Jamari Johnson, 4-Star Tight End, (50/50 probability)

February Signing: Duce Robinson, 5-Star Tight End, (Low probability)

February Signing: Rodrick Pleasant, 4-Star Defensive Back, (50/50 probability)

February Signing: Walker Lyons, 4-Star Tight End, (Just started recruiting)

February Signing: Nyckoles Harbor, 5-Star Athlete, (Just started recruiting)

Rodrick Pleasant

Serra's Rodrick Pleasant is the Daily Breeze Boys Athlete of the Year

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Texas A&M. Doing less with more. Maybe they’ll be good this year. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2022 at 9:42 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Hicks to Texas A&M

Well, there's always next year's portal after another A&M non-bowl season.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

If Hicks had chosen Oregon that might have put O in the top 6-7 ranked classes.  One that got away that bothers me more than losing Donte Moore.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/23/2022 at 11:13 AM, Mic said:

If Hicks had chosen Oregon that might have put O in the top 6-7 ranked classes.  One that got away that bothers me more than losing Donte Moore.

There are times to be negative, but to me--this isn't one of them.

• Great post! 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

One that got away that bothers me more than losing Donte Moore.

We'll have to wait and see on that one, as with all misses. 

I think we have a 5* that isn't progressing as well as we hoped and ewe dub has their legacy 5* who will be sitting for his third year (2021: Enrolled at the UW on Mar. 29, 2021, for the start of the spring academic quarter ... played in four games, starting one ... made his UW playing debut against Arkansas State, going 2-for-5 for 31 yards ... also saw action in the win at Arizona, attempting one pass ... saw his most extensive action to date in the Arizona State game, completing 3-of-5 passes for 20 yards ... earned first college start in the Apple Cup vs. Washington State, going 17-for-31 for 190 yards and one touchdown2022: Went 2-for-2 for 24 yards late in the Portland State game.)

• Thumbs Up 1

It sounded like Hicks really liked Oregon but distance was a factor. I never expected Oregon to land him for that reason but was hopeful. 

I wish him luck and you never know what the future holds, with the transfer portal…

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/23/2022 at 12:13 PM, Mic said:

@Mic I’m with you on this one! Two things can be true at once: It can be disappointing to not get an anticipated recruit, AND still be excited about the overall class.

I don’t see anything negative here. The big 5* DLinemen have been the Ducks’ unicorn; always seems to elude them.

I too would rather have Hicks than Moore.

Here’s hoping the DLineman we just recruited turn into the next Armstead/Buckner!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

We are targeting some more from the portal, but this is the high school LOIs I believe we are waiting on.

Mr. FishDuck

C4yjw0fV_x96.jpg

2023 5-star edge to visit Oregon
Rivals

@Rivals
NEW: 5-star Nyckoles Harbor has locked in an official visit to Oregon next month @rivalsfriedman has the details: https://n.rivals.com/news/ua-game-frickeni

FlKER_6WAAEl9_M?format=jpg&name=medium

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning and the Ducks aren’t done in the 2023 recruiting cycle.

• Applause 1

Basically comparable physically in size and speed to when I went to school with former Duck TE and 9 time all pro Russ Francis... I really enjoyed that dude on my hs track team!

Ducks have a legit shot at landing this kid. Can he play TE? What a great talent to be in the running to land. Just wow!

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Nyckoles Harbor set an official visit to Oregon for the last weekend of January ahead of his Feb. 1 announcement.

The five-star athlete said LSU is no longer likely to get an official visit, and South Carolina, Michigan and Maryland are also in contention for the Washington (D.C.) Archbishop Carroll standout.

In addition, Harbor said he plans on playing tight end in college so he does not add too much weight for track season. The 6-foot-5, 233-pound Harbor is also a high-level sprinter who has Olympic aspirations.

Maybe Oregon's track facilities will help persuade him to come to Oregon.  But, Oregon needs to help his mom fall in love with Oregon.  Will be hard to convince his mom.  She loves Michigan.

247SPORTS.COM

Five-star athlete Nyckoles Harbor discusses suitors and future position.

On 12/23/2022 at 10:45 AM, lownslowav8r said:

Texas A&M. Doing less with more. Maybe they’ll be good this year. 

If only they had a little more NIL money 😉

• Haha 1

WWW.ON3.COM

Five-star athlete Nyckoles Harbor spoke about an upcoming official visit to Oregon, as well as where he'll play in college.

• Go Ducks! 1

4-star DL Ashton Porter down to two schools

Porter, who is committing at the Under Armour All-America Game on Jan. 3, is now choosing between the Ducks and the Spartans.

Even though he has not publicly announced his decision, the 6-foot-2.5, 255-pound prospect has already signed. He took official visits

to both schools on the weekends of Oct. 8 (Michigan State) and Dec. 17 (Oregon), respectively.

WWW.ON3.COM

Cypress (Texas) Cy Ranch four-star defensive lineman Ashton Porter, who is announcing his commitment on Jan. 3, is down to...

On 12/29/2022 at 3:27 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

the 6-foot-2.5, 255-pound prospect has already signed

So, maybe we're already really happy, but we just don't know it yet?

• Haha 1

On 12/29/2022 at 6:45 PM, jrw said:

So, maybe we're already really happy, but we just don't know it yet?

That is certainly a possibility. A lot of players like to announce while at the All-America game even though they've already sent in their NLI. The odds certainly lean Oregon!

Some great predictions leaning the Ducks way...Wow!

Click to see entire post as there are 2 players involved but you're only seeing 1.

• Go Ducks! 1

The Top Remaining Recruits for Oregon in 2023

Dan Lanning and the Ducks aren't done adding talent this recruiting cycle.

After signing their entire class of prep recruits, Dan Lanning and the Ducks are still pursuing some

big names in the 2023 class, some of which are committed to other schools.

Here are five names we're tracking between now and the second signing day, February 1.

Four-Star DB Rodrick Pleasant locks in commitment date

Oregon is another school Pleasant has always talked up.

“I love the staff at Oregon,” Pleasant said. “Oregon is a great place, I’ve visited a few times and I think they’re building something special as well.

“I like how they recruit and they’re putting together a really strong class. Coach Meat (Demetrice Martin), that’s my guy and I talk a lot with coach Lanning as well and they’re coming after me hard.”

247SPORTS.COM

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla.- We caught up with Gardena (Calif.) Serra defensive back Rodrick Pleasant at today’s Under Armour...

Young Mr. Harbor sounds like an amazing young man. Incredible athlete, high character, and super smart: 

“I have thought a lot about medicine, but I am also looking into the engineering field. I want to have a great future after football, and that is why education is so important to me.

“My mom, my dad, my aunt, and uncle have all given me so much knowledge, wisdom, and guidance about education, how important it is, and it really means a lot to me.”

WWW.ON3.COM

Nyckoles Harbor is a top 10 football prospect in the 2023 class, but his dreams and goals go well beyond what happens between the lines.

4-star DL Ashton Porter to announce commitment soon; Ducks hold as massive favorites

Porter is set to announce his decision on Tuesday, January 3, at halftime of the Under Armour All-American game. He is down to a decision between the Oregon Ducks, Michigan State Spartans, Northwestern Wildcats, and Texas Longhorns. Oregon is the heavy favorite to land him at this point.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks might be adding a 4-star DL to the 2023 class soon. Ashton Porter is set to announce his commitment this week.

I likey...

• Wow 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/1/2023 at 8:23 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I likey...

Yes, please. 

If anyone sees another recruit to add--put it in this thread.  I've taken off Porter, since he is in the house!

Thank goodness he doesn't have to wear orange!

Talented 2023 DE Ashton Porter Has Texas in Top 10 - Sports Illustrated  Texas Longhorns News, Analysis and More

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Thank goodness he doesn't have to wear orange

There is a worse orange closer to home than the "burnt" orange he just did.

“I don’t really have a finalist but I guess you can put Maryland, South Carolina, USC, Oregon and Michigan,” Harbor said. “The main three factors going into the decision are academics, athletics and track. That’s it.”

"While the Ducks entered the race late, and may not be seen as the leader in the clubhouse to land Harbor, the world-renowned track program at Oregon is sure to tip the scales a little bit. Harbor also has been impressed by what Dan Lanning is doing on the recruiting trail with the Ducks."

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star Nyckoles Harbor wants to play football and run track in college. It’s hard to be better than Oregon is in those two areas combined.

• Go Ducks! 1

92 on scholarship right now.  Need to get rid of 7 by August/September, plus however many new LOIs.  Also, I think it is 42 Freshman and RS Freshman, only 9 Juniors.

It appears that track is important to Harbor, I'll predict he takes one look at Hayward and commits. Seeing it on TV for Worlds is one thing but in person.... Forget college track facilities, there isn't another field in the world that compares...

On 1/4/2023 at 3:15 PM, Steven A said:

92 on scholarship right now.  Need to get rid of 7 by August/September, plus however many new LOIs.  Also, I think it is 42 Freshman and RS Freshman, only 9 Juniors.

I don't know the answers to this, but can't some transfers come in as PWOs and be compensated through NIL money?

On 1/3/2023 at 5:09 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If anyone sees another recruit to add--put it in this thread.  I've taken off Porter, since he is in the house!

Thank goodness he doesn't have to wear orange!

Talented 2023 DE Ashton Porter Has Texas in Top 10 - Sports Illustrated  Texas Longhorns News, Analysis and More

Porter was thinking Texas until Sark said, "get your freaking hands off me!"

On 1/4/2023 at 4:31 PM, Lono said:

I don't know the answers to this, but can't some transfers come in as PWOs and be compensated through NIL money?

Don't know but one would think they could, or even as just a walk-on.  I don't think a scholarship is a prerequisite for a NIL.

Jamari Johnson Previews Final Decision

Jamari Johnson is one of the best athletes in Southern California and the Ducks have been making a strong

push late in the 2023 cycle. The 6-foot-5, 265-pound prep spoke with Ducks Digest in San Antonio on Thursday.

"The most important thing to me is basically where I want to be. I want to be comfortable there," he said.

"Like a fit for me, not nobody else. That's the main thing I'm looking for. The whole picture." 

Please click on URL below for article...

https://www.si.com/college/oregon/recruiting/jamari-johnson-previews-final-decision

Junior Angilau helping to recruit...Are you seeing this Nyckoles Harbor? 

Big-time 2023 corner Rodrick Pleasant includes Ducks in final list, sets commitment date

Four-star cornerback Rodrick Pleasant is among the players Oregon remains a factor for. The Gardena (Cali.)

prospect included Oregon among the final five schools he announced on Tuesday morning on social media.

Pleasant is a dual-sport start with 100 and 200 meter wins at the 2022 CIF state championships. He's run 10.14 in

the 100 meters and is also expected to run track as a collegiate athlete.

Pleasant is a dual-sport start with 100 and 200 meter wins at the 2022 CIF state championships.

He's run 10.14 in the 100 meters and is also expected to run track as a collegiate athlete.

247SPORTS.COM

Big-time 2023 corner Rodrick Pleasant includes Ducks in final list, sets commitment date

The road map ahead for 5-star TE Duce Robinson

In-home visits are scheduled with Georgia and USC once the nation’s No. 1 tight end returns home from the Polynesian Bowl.

“And we might also try to squeeze in another visit before signing day, either an unofficial to one of my top schools or an official to Oregon,” Robinson told 247Sports. “I want to make a decision on Feb. 1 and sign with the school that fits me best. Now it’s about finding that school.”

247SPORTS.COM

The latest on the five-star TE...

• Go Ducks! 1

Interesting comment from Nyckoles Harbor's dad in reference

to Hayward Field and other facilities...

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 1

WATCH 5-star TE Duce Robinson discusses his top 4 schools | College Football Recruiting Show

Duce Robinson joins the show to discuss his top schools, Georgia, USC, Texas, and Oregon

247SPORTS.COM

Duce Robinson joins the show to discuss his top schools, Georgia, USC, Texas, and Oregon

Lanning and the Ducks may have a chance with Robinson, but I question how serious his interest is.

Definitely would be worthwhile to have an athlete of that caliber available, but it seems as if Georgia and the spoiled children may have the advantage.

UPDATE: 4-star CB Rodrick Pleasant no longer expected to take visit to Eugene

I have received new information that shows the Oregon Ducks are no longer expecting 4-star

cornerback Rodrick Pleasant on a recruiting visit this coming weekend.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star cornerback Rodrick Pleasant is expected in Eugene for a visit this weekend, the last chance before signing day.

• Oh no! 1

That's disappointing...