Pennsylvania Duck

2024 Football Recruits...Announcements, Updates (#1)

This thread will be dedicated to 2024 recruiting activities. Our coaches have already been busy for the 2024 season.

Be sure to check back often for the latest updates.

We already have four commits for 2024! Check them out here...

Many offers have been made for the 2024 class. Check here for the latest by position...

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon

2024 4-star QB Demond Williams announces commitment date, lists Ducks as finalist

Earlier this week, Williams, the No. 14 QB and No. 182 overall player in the 2024 class, announced that he would be making

his commitment on December 30, choosing between the Oregon Ducks, Ole Miss Rebels, Michigan State Spartans, and several others.

Williams plays at Basha High School in Chandler, Arizona, where he was teammates with Oregon CB Cole Martin this past season.

He is currently projected to Ole Miss.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

2024 4-star QB Demond Williams will be announcing his commitment in the coming days, with the Ducks among his final...

For those who like to see how Oregon is doing with the harder, Rivals rankings, below is the 2024 list and is updated when new verbals join us.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

The definitive source for all Oregon news.

Mr. FishDuck

For example, on this date Oregon has four verbals for 2024 and 247 has all four as 4-Star, while Rivals has Fox Crader as a 3-Star.  No surprise, as it has been consistently harder to be a 4/5-Star with Rivals and a 4-Star OL would be 290 lbs+ (nearly ready to play weight) while Crader is much less at 265 lbs.  

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Christian Bentancur - 2024 4 Star Tight end for Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) on Rivals.com

• Cool 1

Inside 247Sports Composite four-star ATH Boo Carter's top five schools

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Boo Carter - 2024 4 Star Athlete for Chattanooga Christian School (Chattanooga, TN) on Rivals.com

WATCH: Rivals100 TE Christian Bentancur discusses top three, decision date

Clint Cosgrove sits down with 2024 four-star TE Christian Bentancur to breakdown his final three of Oregon, Ohio State and Clemson.

Bentancur discusses why each finalist made the cut and then provides details on his Jan. 13 decision announcement. See previous

post above for his Rivals info.

Introducing the 5-star recruits in the class of 2024

According to the 247Sports Composite rankings, there are currently 27 players who are rated as 5-star prospects,

many of whom are uncommitted at this point.

After the recent doings of the Ducks, signing a pair of 5-stars on Wednesday, there’s a good chance that a couple of

these guys commit to Oregon down the road in the 2024 class as well.

Here are your 5-stars in 2024 in descending order by 247Sports composite national ranking:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

A look at who the 5-star prospects are in the 2024 recruiting class as we enter the new year.

Top-5 2024 WR Ryan Pellum lists Ducks among target schools

After the success that Junior Adams has had in bringing elite WRs to Oregon — the Ducks got 5-star Jurrion Dickey, 4-star Ashton Cozart, 4-star Kyler Kasper, and 4-star Justius Lowe along with a handful of transfers at the WR position — it doesn’t come as a major surprise to see Oregon in the mix to land one of the top pass-catchers in next year’s recruiting class as well.

Over the coming months, we’ll see how the recruitment plays out for Pellum.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star WR Ryan Pellum is rated as the No. 48 overall player in 2024, and No. 5 WR in the class.

WATCH: Four-star 2024 OL Donovan Harbour breaks down top seven

Clint Cosgrove sits down with four-star offensive lineman Donovan Harbour to break down his

top seven of Penn State, Tennessee, Ohio State, Florida, Wisconsin, Oregon and Michigan.

RIVALS.RIVALS.COM

Donovan Harbour releases a top seven

Top-10 2024 DL looks to lock down visit with Ducks, lists Oregon amongst top schools

“I’m really trying to get Oregon locked in right now because I’ve never been,” Brown-Shuler said. “‘I’ve always

been a fan of Oregon. Oregon’s in Eugene, right by Nike. I really do want to see that. I know it’s pretty nice.”

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

4-star DL Hevin Brown-Shuler keeps Ducks among top schools, looks to schedule visit to Eugene.

5-star safety KJ Bolden shows love for the Oregon Ducks

After signing a pair of 5-stars in December, it looks like Dan Lanning might be in the mix to get more down the road.

On New Year’s Day, 5-star safety KJ Bolden, the No. 2 ranked player in the 2024 class, narrowed down his recruitment to 15 schools, keeping the Ducks in the mix along with the big-time players like Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, USC, and many others.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star KJ Bolden, the No. 2 player in the 2024 class, has the Ducks among his top schools going into the new year.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks signed a record five players from the state of Texas - and counting by the way - for the 2023 recruiting class. With Oregon's continued focus on recruiting

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Gekyle Baker - 2024 3 Star Wide receiver for Brownsboro (Brownsboro, TX) on Rivals.com

Previewing upcoming All-American Bowl commitment for '24 DB Peyton Woodyard

“I’m excited and I’m ready to do this,” Woodyard told us earlier in the week. “Originally I was going to announce

on my birthday in June but this opportunity came up and to do it at the All-America Bowl and I jumped on it.”

"Ohio State and Georgia are two playoff teams and I loved my visits there. Oregon has been recruiting me

hard for a long time and I've been to USC more than anywhere else."

247SPORTS.COM

We’re just a couple of days away from Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco junior defensive back Peyton Woodyard making his college...

Top-10 OT in 2024 puts Ducks among his final schools

Klemm appears to like big bodies on the OL, so he should be thrilled to see the Ducks land in the

top 10 for 2024 4-star OT Michael Uini, a 6-foot-7, 290-pounder out of Texas.

Uini is rated as the No. 6 OT in 2024 and No. 112 overall player in the nation for next year’s class. He narrowed his recruitment

down to 10 schools on Thursday, keeping the Ducks in the mix with teams like Georgia, Alabama, Michigan, and USC.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Michael Uini is the No. 6 OT in the 2024 class, and he’s looking hard at Adrian Klemm and the Ducks.

4-star LB Justin Williams places Oregon in top 6; Ducks favorite to land commitment

On Saturday, 4-star linebacker Justin Williams narrowed his recruitment down to six teams, keeping the Ducks in the mix.

This comes a few months after 247Sports’ Steve Wiltfong placed a Crystal Ball prediction for Oregon to land Williams in 2024.

Williams is rated as the No.4 LB in the 2024 class, and the No. 54 overall player in the nation. Standing at 6-foot-2, 205 pounds,

Williams has a long list of offers from some of the top schools in the nation.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks are already strongly favored to land 4-star LB Justin Williams, so it wasn’t a major shock when they popped up in his...

Oregon makes Top 6 for star linebacker out of Texas

The Oregon Ducks will have a need at the linebacker position for the 2024 recruiting

cycle as their roster features just six players currently at the position heading into the offseason.

Over the weekend, 4-star linebacker and 2024 prospect Justin Williams announced he was down

to six schools. The Ducks made the cut.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks will have a need at the linebacker position for the 2024 recruiting cycle as their roster features just six players...

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Justin Williams - 2024 4 Star Outside linebacker for Oak Ridge (Conroe, TX) on Rivals.com

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star DL Justin Scott, the No. 18 player in the 2024 class, has the Ducks among his final schools at this stage in his recruitment.

Oregon extends offer to rising 2024 wide receiver prospect

The Oregon Ducks went into the state of Florida recently and extended a scholarship

offer to a rising wide receiver who is seeing his recruitment take off.

Dan Lanning, as head coach, offered 3-star wide receiver Terrance Moore a scholarship. The 6-foot-3

prospect out of Tampa Catholic high school in Tampa announced his offer on social media.

Oregon is currently working towards signing two to five players at the wide receiver position for the 2024 recruiting class.

Oregon has two seniors on its roster heading into spring football at the position group, but multiple underclassmen could announce their decisions to head off to the National Football League after the 2023 season is completed, including star wide receiver Jurrion Dickey.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks went into the state of Florida recently and extended a scholarship offer to a rising wide receiver who is...

Christian Bentancur 

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Christian Bentancur - 2024 4 Star Tight end for Marian Central Catholic (Woodstock, IL) on Rivals.com

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

One of the best tight ends in the 2024 class will announce his commitment on Friday, with the Ducks as a finalist alongside Ohio State, Clemson.

2024 4-star safety Jordan Johnson-Rubell places Oregon among top schools

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The No. 7 safety in the 2024 class, Jordan Johnson-Rubell, has Oregon among his top schools.

FmJ2xUZXkAERMc1?format=jpg&name=large

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Jason Brown, the No. 1 player in WA and No. 2 RB in the 2024 class, will be taking a visit to Eugene over the weekend.

A couple of the best players from the state of Washington are going to be down in Eugene for visits with the Oregon Ducks over the weekend.

4-star linebacker Brayden Platt, the No. 2 player from the state of Washington, confirmed that he would be in Eugene this weekend, where he will join 4-star RB Jason Brown, the No. 1 player in Washington for the 2024 class.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The No. 1 and No. 2 players from the state of Washington will visit Oregon this weekend, with 4-star LB Brayden Platt joining RB Jason Brown.

As the 2023 recruitng cycle starts to wind down, we’ve seen a lot of 2024 players start to announce visits and offers. For the Oregon Ducks, one of the most recent players to announce that he will be taking a visit to Eugene is 2024 4-star QB Michael Van Buren.

Van Buren recently announced his top 8 schools in December, with the Ducks listed among schools like Miami, Oklahoma, and Penn State. He also confirmed on social media that he would be in Eugene this coming weekend for an unofficial visit.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

One of the top QBs from the 2024 class will be taking a visit to see Dan Lanning and the Ducks this weekend.

The latest on a top Oregon linebacker target out of Texas. Oregon's 2024 recruiting class is already off to a solid start following the commitment of Long Beach (Calif.) Millikan High School wide receiver Jordan Anderson last month. Another player the Ducks are making a hard push for is Conroe (Tex.) Oak Ridge linebacker Justin Williams. He recently dropped his top six and included the Ducks along with a host of big-name programs.

6bd6bbff-c3cd-423e-8779-0d9b3b466583

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article271160357.html#storylink=rss

5-star DL Justin Scott announces commitment date; Oregon among finalists

5-star defensive lineman Justin Scott released his top 8 schools earlier in the week, and he announced on Friday that he would be making his commitment on January 31. Scott is ranked as the No. 4 DL and No. 18 overall player in the 2024 class, per the 247Sports Composite.

He has yet to take a visit to Eugene, but that could change before now and his commitment date.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

5-star DL Justin Scott, the No. 18 player in the 2024 class, will announce his commitment later this month. The Ducks are in his...

Every 5-star recruit the Oregon Ducks have offered in the 2024 class

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks signed a pair of 5-star recruits in 2023 and were close to landing several more. They’ve offered 18 5-stars in 2024. How many do they land?

Coach Hampton already working the phones...

• Applause 1

You can definitely see the kind of LB's that Lanning is trying to recruit.  Kids that are 6'2-6'3" and around 210 lbs...put them in UO's training program and they get up to 225-230 lbs, he basically wants big safeties backing up the DL.

• Thumbs Up 2

Zabien Brown Breaks Down Oregon Visit

Zabien Brown is one of the top players in California for 2024 and has continued to see his stock rise on the recruiting trail.

With visits ramping back up this month, the Ducks were able to host one of their top cornerbacks targets this past weekend in Zabien Brown out of Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei High School.

The 6-foot-1, 180-pound defensive back, who will be running track this spring while also playing 7-on-7 with South Florida Express spoke with Ducks Digest about his recent visit to Eugene and the latest in his recruitment.

Big-time 2024 LB Brayden Platt Enjoys Another Visit to Oregon

One player they recently brought in for a visit is 2024 linebacker Brayden Platt out of Yelm (Wash.) High School.

Platt has been to Eugene before, but this visit had a bit of a different purpose behind it. "This one was more so for just getting an actual feel for the coaches and to see the track facilities," he said. Platt also doubles as a track athlete, participating in the javelin throw and the shot put.

But his versatility doesn't stop there, as he took third in the state as a wrestler his junior year. Click URL below to see article.

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article271399892.html

• Wow 1

Devin Brooks, top uncommitted Oregon prospect, focusing on 3 — Oregon, USC and Washington

"I'm narrowing down my list now, narrowing down my official visits," he said. "I'm kind of down to Oregon, USC and U-Dub. There are still some schools in there that I would like to maybe take another official visit to see what it would be like. But I'm pretty solid on my top 3."

Both Oregon and Washington project Brooks to a guard position, while USC told him he could play either guard or center at the collegiate level.

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

It's early in the 2024 recruiting cycle, but Clackamas junior Devin Brooks has established himself as the state's top uncommitted...

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Devin Brooks - 2024 3 Star Offensive guard for Clackamas (Clackamas, OR) on Rivals.com

2024 EDGE to visit Oregon just days after decommitting from Washington Huskies

On Monday, 3-star EDGE Jaxson Jones, the No. 19 EDGE in the 2024 class, per 247Sports, announced

that he would be decommitting from the Huskies, where he had been a verbal since last September.

Not long after announcing that his recruitment was back open, Jones then announced that he would be

taking a visit to Eugene to see Dan Lanning and the Ducks this coming weekend.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Not long after 2024 EDGE Jaxson Jones recommitted from Washington, he announced plans for a visit to see the Ducks.

Dan Lanning Visiting Rodrick Pleasant In-Home Ahead of Commitment

Head coach Dan Lanning and the rest of his coaches have been traveling all over the country of late, recently making a stop in Yelm on Monday, home of 2024 Oregon linebacker target Brayden Platt.

He's making another big stop on Tuesday, as Ducks Digest learned he'll be stopping in the Los Angeles area to take an in-home visit with Gardena (Calif.) Junipero Serra cornerback Rodrick Pleasant.

Pleasant has Oregon in his final five and is a top remaining target in the 2023 class. Click URL below for article...

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article271609367.html

• Let’s hope! 2

Top-5 LB Justin Williams schedules visit to Oregon this weekend

Earlier in the year, Williams announced his top 6 schools and had the Ducks in the mix. He will be one of several

top-rated recruits in town over the weekend, joining 5-star ATH Nyckoles Harbor and 5-star WR Dakorein Moore.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Justin Williams, the No. 4 LB in the 2024 class, is coming to Eugene this weekend. The 4-star is predicted to commit to Oregon.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:36 AM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Top-5 LB Justin Williams schedules visit to Oregon this weekend

Earlier in the year, Williams announced his top 6 schools and had the Ducks in the mix. He will be one of several

top-rated recruits in town over the weekend, joining 5-star ATH Nyckoles Harbor and 5-star WR Dakorein Moore.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Justin Williams, the No. 4 LB in the 2024 class, is coming to Eugene this weekend. The 4-star is predicted to commit to Oregon.

I love this kid. Just happened to see some video of him browsing the other day and looked at more this morning.

I don't know what his track times are, but on the football field this is the fastest linebacker I have seen in this class.

He reads the play well, has great instincts and then is playing down hill to fill a hole, chase down someone trying to get to the edge or run down a QB or running back from behind. 

When he gets there he hits like he is 25 pounds heavier than he is listed. 

Only thing I haven't seen is pass coverage. With his athleticism I would think that would be a strength and he moved to line backer from safety too.

This guy projects to cause a lot of havoc for opposing offenses in college. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sounds perfect for the "Money" linebacker position Lanning has in his Mint 4-2-5 defense that Bassa currently plays in.

Bassa at Cal_NDP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Austin Mack, nation's No. 7 quarterback, sets commitment date, down to 5 Pac-12 finalists

Folsom (California) quarterback Austin Mack will announce his commitment Wednesday.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound signal-caller, rated the nation's No. 53 overall prospect and No. 7 quarterback, will announce his commitment Wednesday at 4:45 p.m. ET/1:45 p.m. PT and is down to an all Pac-12 final five of California, Oregon, Oregon State, Stanford and Washington:

NEWS.SCOREBOOKLIVE.COM

Folsom (California) four-star quarterback Austin Mack is ready to make his college decision. The 6-foot-6, 220-pound signal-caller...

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Austin Mack - 2024 3 Star Pro style quarterback for Folsom (Folsom, CA) on Rivals.com

After visiting Oregon a fast-rising athlete out of Texas has high interest in the Ducks

The Oregon Ducks got a chance to host a fast-rising defensive lineman out of the state of Texas for an unofficial visit recently. Oregon made a strong impression on him and is in a good place early on in his recruitment.

"What stood out to me most was how genuine and passionate the entire staff was," said Jackson Ford, a defensive lineman out of Melissa, Texas. "They took the time to emphasize how important it was to build relationships and made it a point to get to know me for who I am outside of football."

"My interest in the Ducks is very high," said Ford. "They have an amazing program, culture, and coaching staff. The facilities are crazy nice and all, but the culture Coach Lanning has built in the past year is something special.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks got a chance to host a fast-rising defensive lineman out of the state of Texas for an unofficial visit recently...

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Jackson Ford - 2024 Athlete for Melissa (Melissa, TX) on Rivals.com

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It’s time to start looking ahead. Here’s where Oregon currently stands in the 2024 national recruiting rankings.

Dakoda Fields Liking Oregon as Recruitment Explodes

Oregon has consistently remained in the mix and another trip to Eugene could be in the works.

"I actually talked to Coach Tosh (Lupoi) about a week ago. Coach (Dan) Lanning and Coach Meat (Demetrice Martin) came up here for a home visit," Fields said."They want to know the next time I could come up. So it's probably gonna be early March right after the dead period, maybe couple spring practices, maybe the spring game too."

"I feel like Oregon is still a school that's in my top five," he said. "They're one of the good Pac-12 schools that can compete with SEC and BIG 10. I feel like they'll stay in the top five for me throughout my whole recruiting process."

I remember reading in another article how landing Rodrick Pleasant, who is from same high school, may help with recruiting Fields.

Click here to read this Max Torres article.

Oregon named finalist for highly-recruited DL in class of 2024

Tionne Gray announced his top 5 programs on Friday afternoon. In addition to the Ducks, he’s also still considering Missouri, LSU, Minnesota and Colorado.

He would be a significant addition for Oregon in the class of 2024. He’s currently a 3-star prospect and ranks as the No. 477 overall player and the No. 42 defensive lineman in the country, per 247Sports Composite rankings. He’s also the No. 9 player from the state of Missouri.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon is a contender.

Rivals Info

N.RIVALS.COM

Tionne Gray - 2024 Athlete for Hazelwood Central (St. Louis, MO) on Rivals.com

Will Stein and the Oregon staff are working to add another promising arm to the Ducks roster in 2024

"Oregon is one of the latest offers for the Arizona quarterback. The Oregon Ducks are hard at work looking for their quarterback in the 2024 recruiting class. One player that was recently in Eugene was Phoenix (Ariz.) Sunnyslope quarterback."

"Luke Moga, who earned an offer from Will Stein and company shortly after that trip. He spoke with Ducks Digest to provide the latest in his recruitment as he's earned 14 scholarship offers since the start of the new year."

49c79544-ba2e-4714-9b67-354ff15c2a30

https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/college/article272189253.html#storylink=rss

"Laguna Beach (Calif.) junior tight end Ryner Swanson visited Oregon two weeks ago and the Ducks made a huge impression.

Swanson is among the region’s top tight end prospects. At 6-4, 230 pounds, he has an ideal tight end frame with plenty of room to fill out.

He's a fluid athlete and a natural pass catcher and has been very productive the last two seasons. As a sophomore, he caught 45 balls for 586 yards and eight touchdowns and nearly doubled those numbers this past season."

247SPORTS.COM

Laguna Beach (Calif.) junior tight end Ryner Swanson visited Oregon two weeks ago and the Ducks made a huge impression.

Greg Biggins breaks down what could make 2025 QB prospect Akili Smith Jr. special

"Akili Jr. was raised in an Oregon home. Mom actually went to UCLA but from a football standpoint, the kid loves Oregon as well."

Smith has prototypical size for the position, he's list at 6-foot-5 (a few inches taller than his father) and 200 pounds, and has arm talent reminiscent of his father.

What isn't clear to Biggins is if Smith has a committable offer at this time. The Ducks have sprayed scholarships to other top 2025 quarterback targets.Would they accept a commitment from this legacy recruit today?

247SPORTS.COM

Greg Biggins breaks down what could make 2025 QB prospect Akili Smith Jr. special