jrw

Tyler Shough to Texas Tech?

Ever been to Lubbock? At least he's not in the PAC. Best of luck!

It is the Big-12 equivalent of Starkville for the SEC, or Pullman for the Pac-12.... "if this is not the end of the world....you can see it from here!"

NWS Lubbock on Twitter: "A thin layer of wavy clouds (undulatus asperatus)  have developed across the South Plains as water vapor is lifted and  condensed. This heralds the return of precipitation chances

Lovely Lubbock...

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Interesting

1415419699_ScreenShot2021-02-22at2_45_30PM.jpg.ed57992dc52ced8eb3f730d7fc5ee107.jpg

Is this not the place where Mahomes collegiate career launched his NFL career?  Best of Luck to you Tyler.  I hope you have great success at get your masters from Tt and have a chance at the NFL.  Go Duck go.

• Like 1

Best of luck to him, I do with him the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think he could still be there in 2023 when a (should be loaded) Ducks team is scheduled to travel to Lubbock. Crazy.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, AnotherOD said:

I think he could still be there in 2023 when a (should be loaded) Ducks team is scheduled to travel to Lubbock. Crazy.

Good call OD!

Mr. FishDuck

Good for him, taking on a tough task, bringing back TT. I think I would have rather stayed around the talent at Oregon, but he decided to take on a bigger challenge, impressive. Best of luck and I hope the academics stays a priority for him.

1 hour ago, David Marsh said:

Best of luck to him, I do with him the best.

I had to laugh at this, as I too, get to typing so fast, my mind does not catch what my fingers have typed "get" instead of finishing it off properly with "getting".  The Daffy Duck in all of us with him the best too.  Dang spill check.

1 hour ago, Charles Fischer said:

Good call OD!

SportsPac12 is an interesting sports news website that you linked to CF, I had never heard of them before.  I imagine it is somewhat of a template for the new module that you have hinted about, that gathers articles neatly in one location?

I especially like their link to the transfer portal which includes a handy search filter so you don't have to scroll through all 142 entries.

I wouldn't have, off of the top of my head, guessed that a full 10 former Ducks entered the portal this cycle. Also of note and indicated, is that all but one of them were 3*, Shough being the outlier with 4*. The portal search feature provides a really clear picture of the talent loss and acquisition for individual teams. For instance, USC has lost five players (one 5*; three 4*; one 3*) vs picking up four new 4* players including Ishmael Sopsher.

10 minutes ago, duckonline said:

I imagine it is somewhat of a template for the new module that you have hinted about, that gathers articles neatly in one location?

Right now there are a few "data-aggregators" of Oregon Sports, but none of them cover very many sites/locations due to the labor-intensive nature of searching, reading/accessing for relevant content and then posting said content into one place.

My objective/dream is to have a Pinned Topic at the top of all the topics every day, and it would called, as an example, FishDuck Feed: Oregon Sports Articles for February 22, 2021 and tomorrow it would be un-pinned to float downward with a new one replacing it at the top for February 23rd.

In these Pinned Topics would be all the article links out there as our content-hunting team would be checking over 30 sites a couple of times a day.  We would have a few aggregation tools that would help in the process, but some will be have to be done the old fashioned ways via search and going to some sites each time.  The end result would be from 15 to 50 article links being provided each day in the FishDuck Feed, and would be an incredible convenience for Oregon fans, ....especially if it was free.

In the old days, OneClickSports was a nice page with all the links, but they, like others went away with the paltry revenue gained from web ads these days. But we will be gathering from far more sites than they did or any are right now by a mile.  There will be nothing like it--either before or now.

What is in it for US?

Most people are NOT forum-type people, but everybody who reads Oregon articles would love to have one place to find all the articles each day.  (or 95% of them)  No wasted time searching...just reading about Our Beloved Ducks!  These non-forum type of people will come for the FishDuck Feed, but a percentage will drift down and read the other topics and a percentage of them will sign up and become those who post their thoughts.

Hence our wonderful community will grow, and we are providing a wonderful service to thousands of Duck fans.  No having to search or scroll for miles down a Twitter or Facebook; all the articles in one place and being added through the day as they are being published.  Duck Reading Nirvana!

Before I can offer this feature--I have a ton of work first to complete and part of that is assembling a group of volunteers who are willing to give four hours out of 168 hours in a week to serve their fellow Oregon fans.

My target for offering this is by May 1st, due to all the background stuff that has to be organized with the software, and the policies/processes to arrive at with the content-hunting team.

We will be the first site anywhere to offer this in the depth I am visualizing, and it will be fun to see it happen.

My thanks,

Charles

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

So I've been trying to put into words what Shough reminded me of last year and I finally figured it out.  You know the second baseman who has a great arm but in big situations seems to forget how to make the easy throw to 1st base?  That's what he looked like way too often last year.

32 minutes ago, nogerO said:

the second baseman who has a great arm but in big situations seems to forget how to make the easy throw to 1st base? 

Can you say, Chuck Knoblauch?