Pennsylvania Duck

Class of 2023 Ducks: News, Announcements, Awards, etc.

I saw a different article on ON3 that's a lot the same but also went into NIL.

He described how Oregon didn't get into that where as other teams were throwing around a lot of money to entice him.

That he was after who he thought could help him get to NFL money.

It was quite interesting.

Oregon running back signee Jayden Limar selected to 2023 Polynesian Bowl

Lake Stevens (Wash.) running back Jayden Limar has been selected to play in the 2023 Polynesian Bowl. The news was announced on Thursday.

Limar won’t be alone at the all-star game either. He’ll be joined by a heavy contingent of future Ducks — edge rusher Matayo Uiagalelei, safety Kodi Decambra, edge rusher Teitum Tuioti, offensive lineman Iapani Laloulu, and defensive lineman Tevita Pome’e.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon signee Jayden Limar has been selected to play in the 2023 Polynesian Bowl.

Click for entire listing...

• Thumbs Up 1

Checking in With Oregon QB Signee Austin Novosad at the Adidas All-American Bowl

Austin Novosad flipped his commitment from Baylor to Oregon during the early signing period in one of the more dramatic recruitments in 2023.

The 6-foot-3, 185-pound All-American has been one of the best quarterbacks throughout practice this week, firmly standing out among the likes of Dante Moore (UCLA) and Christopher Vizzina (Clemson) to name a few other gifted passers. 

"It started with Will Stein. Once he left UTSA and got up there he called me and was like 'Hey man I just got here, got some dudes to throw to.' "

Early Enrollees have Arrived!

Cornerback Cole Martin Ready to Get Developed at Oregon

Oregon Ducks cornerback signee Cole Martin just recently enrolled at Oregon and started his college career earlier this week.

Before that he was in San Antonio for the Adidas All-American Bowl and took some time to speak with Ducks Digest about his high school career, his recruitment and what's next for him at Oregon.

WWW.SI.COM

Martin heads to Eugene to play under his father after capturing an Arizona State title.

Where the new Ducks (TP + 2023 class) are from #NationalBrand

FmOcSs8aYAAJhmn?format=jpg&name=900x900

On 1/4/2023 at 11:27 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Sedulous?  Dang - don't think I've ever seen that used in a tweet before...

• Haha 1

How Oregon's DL looks with Jordan Burch's commitment, Brandon Dorlus' return

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

In the last week, former 5-star DL Jordan Burch committed to the Ducks, and Brandon Dorlus announced his return. Oregon’s DL could be special in 2023.

Commitment Analysis:  Jordan Burch is a Duck

6ccd6a92-5276-4eb2-84d1-6ea25c830377

https://www.bnd.com/sports/college/article271100687.html#storylink=rss

Can't help but like this kid...The "Derrick" referred to in the Tweet is Derrick Henry

Click on pic to see entire posting

• Like 1

247SPORTS.COM

We had a chance to catch up with former Bellflower (Calif.) St. John Bosco athlete and Oregon edge rusher Matayo Uiagalelei at Polynesian Bowl check-in earlier today.

Matayo Uiagalelei...It's great seeing a new kid put in the work

• Thumbs Up 2

Polynesian Bowl Exclusive: Kodi Decambra gives back to community

Kodi Decambra was born at Kapiolani Hospital in Honolulu – and most fans who have followed his recruitment probably know he was raised in Hawaii prior to his family moving to Las Vegas in 2017.

What few know, however, is that Decambra was born with a condition known as bladder exstrophy. Bladder exstrophy is a rare birth defect in which the bladder develops outside the fetus. Decambra spent the first two weeks of his life in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – NICU.

Kodi wanted to pay it back to the doctors and nurses who took care of him. This is a good story of one of our new Ducks and a chance for you to know him better in the article below...

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Today in a Duck Sports Authority Exclusive from the Polynesian Bowl, the incredible journey of Kodi Decambra.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Click to see entire listing

Meet Oregon's top-10 rated recruiting class of 2023

247SPORTS.COM

Meet Oregon's class of 2023.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Can 5-star WR Jurrion Dickey have a role in Oregon’s offense as a true freshman in 2023?

• Cool 1

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Ducks quarterback Austin Novosad has impressed Dan Lanning so far, and will learn a lot from Bo Nix and Ty Thompson in 2023.

Grading Oregon's 2023 signing class by position group

With both signing periods behind us, the dust has settled on the 2023 recruiting cycle. The Ducks were able to ink 29 new prep and junior college additions along with an impressive portal collection too.

The class ranks eighth nationally when high school and JUCO players are considered only and ninth when transfers are included as well.

It's worth noting that I have used Oregon's official signing day homepage to assess which position groups a player is set to play. For example, I've included Matayo Uiagalaleli as a defensive linemen rather than an EDGE because he's listed as a defensive end. 

These grades are entirely subjective.

247SPORTS.COM

Grading Oregon's 2023 signing class by position group

Greg Biggins sees Solomon Davis as a sleeper for Oregon's 2023 class

In the class of 2023, Oregon features nine three-star recruits. Amongst those nine players is one that 247 Sports National Recruiting Analyst

"I like your pick in Solomon Davis," said Biggins in an interview on the Autzen Audibles podcast. "Solomon Davis for me is really good. You know, he's a guy who can't what so much about what we do, is we need to have you know, actual height, weight, speed measurables and verified and we could not get anything on Soloman which was unfortunate.

Just his tape, he had four star tape for sure. He's a talented football player, and I really liked him a lot. I love his makeup. Another guy who I think kind of has a chip because I've always been a little bit on the underrated side."

247SPORTS.COM

While so much of recruiting can focus on the immediate impact from a four or five star player, development and the surprise...

Ranking Oregon's ten biggest impact newcomers for 2023

Oregon's 2023 roster is not set in stone. Based upon last year, you can't count out this staff's desire to add more players following spring practice. Head coach Dan Lanning made that point clear during last week's Signing Day press conference, noting that they would continue to seek out players who can help make the program better. 

Today, I've narrowed the 40 new players down to the 10 I believe are set to help the Ducks the most in 2023. These are players who enter at positions of need and therefore have direct paths to immediate field time or players who I believe are simply too talented not to contribute in some capacity in their first years with the program.

I'll also note that this exercise is much more challenging than a year ago. The Ducks have loaded up on possible day one contributors. My list of honorable mention picks include transfers who might start immediately along with top 50 prep recruits.

247SPORTS.COM

Ranking Oregon's ten biggest impact newcomers for 2023

The Oregon Ducks are continuing to fill out their roster ahead of the 2023 spring football season, this time bolstering the special teams’ depth chart.

On Tuesday afternoon, it was announced that long-snapper Keller Stafford had accepted a preferred walk-on roster position with the Ducks, coming in to attempt to replace former long-snapper Karsten Battles.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Walk-on long-snapper Keller Stafford will join his high school QB Austin Novosad this coming season in Eugene.

Jurrion Dickey: Click on link inside tweet if you want to hear entire podcast

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon Spring Preview: O-Line a Mix of Returners and Newcomers

A'lique Terry will spend the spring mixing and matching.

We're continuing our Oregon Ducks football spring preview with a look at the offensive. It's a position that's seen a lot of change this offseason both from a coaching and personnel standpoint.

Adrian Klemm is out and A'lique Terry is in, with veteran offensive line coach Mike Cavanaugh coming to Eugene with him to lend a hand

Almost all of Oregon's starting offensive line from a year ago is gone--with Alex Fosyth, Ryan Walk, T.J. Bass and Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu all taking their shot at the 2023 NFL Draft.

But the cupboard is far from bare in Eugene despite a massive wave of departures.

There's definitely a theme of a new wave along Oregon's offensive line in 2023. After being a model of consistency for the past three or so years the loss of multiple veterans will shake up the group.

69bd1b02-b1d2-4097-8a19-66bfad6ec521

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports/college/article273094710.html#storylink=rss

Jurrion Dickey compared to Eagles WR AJ Brown

Duck defensive end Jordan Burch on Lott Impact Trophy watch list

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Jordan Burch was named to the Lott Impact Trophy watch list, an award given to players who display on-field prowess, and off-field character.

Rodrick Pleasant wins at Hayward...

• Like 1

This article is related to the one previous. The nice thing about this is that the players are identified in the photos...

Oregon welcomes the rest of its 2023 signing class to campus

With summer classes set to begin at the end of the week, the remaining 10 members of Oregon's 2023 signing class made their way to Eugene over the weekend. A source has confirmed to DuckTerritory.com that each player is currently on campus ahead of the June 24 start to schoolwork.

Oregon's official football Twitter account has sent out a variety of images and videos over the past 72 hours of these newly enrolled freshmen.

That includes a video of a shared meal at Dan Lanning's residence.

247SPORTS.COM

The remainder of Oregon's 2023 signing class made its way on to campus for the start of summer course work over the weekend...

Latest bowl projections have Ducks facing Notre Dame on New Years' Eve

It’s never too early to think about college football and 247Sports is thinking beyond the 2023 regular season.

In their latest bowl projections, the Ducks are slated to go to the Fiesta Bowl and play Notre Dame on Dec. 30. Although the Fiesta is in the rotation for the College Football Playoff, the bowl game isn’t one of the playoff games this season. That falls to the Rose Bowl and the Sugar Bowl.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Latest bowl projections have Ducks facing Notre Dame on New Years’ Eve