Duck 68

Thank You!

Thank you Charles for providing this forum where we can sound off in a civil way about our beloved Ducks. We appreciate your hard work. Such a wonderful conclusion to a 10 win season. Happy New Year!

Edited by Smith72
capitalize titles
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great post! 7
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

I second that emotion! 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I appreciate the opportunity to share my views on this forum.  Thanks Charles.

• Thanks 1

Ditto, ditto, ditto

• Thanks 1

That goes for me too. I seldom post but often read them from others.....and Happy New Year!

Edited by Canvasback
  • Thanks 1

My thanks to all of you being here to share your thoughts, as we are very lucky to have such an informed and savvy community that helps us all consider all the possibilities of a topic.

And I am very thankful to the moderators, the Duck News Hunters and the writers of FishDuck.  Quite a few volunteers to make it happen!

I will admit that as my occupation becomes much more demanding after January 1st--it will be up to all of you to provide new threads and information during the day.  And it is all fun, so thanks to everyone.

I'll keep the bills paid, and if all of us take part in the forum--we will be a part of something special.

My thanks to all,

Charles

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Thanks Charles for providing a great place for me to get my daily, (often several times a day) Duck!

• Thanks 1

I am on Day 5 of a power outage. No heat or hot water.  Wifey is getting snarly.  My relief is to go out to the truck, fire it up to blast the heat and charge the phone,  then as soon as it will turn on I log in to FishDuck.   Still haven't seen the bowl game.

But I am current on all things OBD!

Thanks, Charles....you are the wind beneath my wings.

bette middler beaches GIF

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I am on Day 5 of a power outage. No heat or hot water.

Oh man, what a nasty week to be without power and heat. Hope it comes back soon. Hang in there.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 12/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, idontrollonshobbas said:

I am on Day 5 of a power outage. No heat or hot water.  Wifey is getting snarly.  My relief is to go out to the truck, fire it up to blast the heat and charge the phone,  then as soon as it will turn on I log in to FishDuck.   Still haven't seen the bowl game.

But I am current on all things OBD!

Thanks, Charles....you are the wind beneath my wings.

bette middler beaches GIF

No heat, no water, no football, but Charles saves the day with his FishDuck. Kind of highlights the unique, maybe small, but important roll FishDuck plays in many of our lives. A big thanks to Charles and all those who add to the site in their myriad of ways.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 11:18 AM, DUCati855 said:

Oh man, what a nasty week to be without power and heat. Hope it comes back soon. Hang in there.

Could be worse...I have the Holiday Bowl recorded on DVR.  In the old days if the power went down the Betamax went with it and the game would be gone forever!

On 12/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

Could be worse...I have the Holiday Bowl recorded on DVR.  In the old days if the power went down the Betamax went with it and the game would be gone forever!

I'm pretty sure it is now posted on youtube as well. Either way you are covered. It is worth watching!

Pennsylvania Duck does an incredible job bringing all the news to us, and interesting tweets.

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/30/2022 at 12:50 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Pennsylvania Duck does an incredible job bringing all the news to us, and interesting tweets.

It is quite impressive. I'm always looking for things to post. By the time I find ANYTHING Pennsylvania Duck has already posted it. AMAZING!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/30/2022 at 12:43 PM, idontrollonshobbas said:

In the old days if the power went down the Betamax went with it

Hah! A Betamax reference; I love it. Yeah, I'll admit. I was one of those who bucked the overwhelming VHS wave. (Hey, Betamax was technically superior, I tell ya!)

Hope your power's back on by the time you read this. 

Like I always said "buy Betamax, sell apple, and retire well into your nineties"

• Yikes! 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/30/2022 at 1:21 PM, Steven A said:

Like I always said "buy Betamax, sell apple, and retire well into your nineties"

My famous quote, when the microbrewery businesses were just taking off, 'who is going to buy a $3 beer, when you can buy a six pack for that much?' My hometown now has over 30 breweries, a friend sold his to Budweiser for a small fortune. You hit some and miss some!

• Haha 1

On 12/30/2022 at 1:10 PM, WiseKwacker said:

Hah! A Betamax reference; I love it. Yeah, I'll admit. I was one of those who bucked the overwhelming VHS wave. (Hey, Betamax was technically superior, I tell ya!)

Hope your power's back on by the time you read this. 

My mother in law has three beta maxes, and four vhs, all cross wired to copy whatever, hooked up in the room where my deceased father in law used to hold camp during Duck football season... I couldn't figure out the wiring sequence if she would let me try to clean that mess up!

• Haha 1