Charles Fischer

Pac-12 Bowl Thread for UCLA Game

Thoughts on the UCLA-Pitt game?

I see Washington won yesterday, went 11-2,  🤮  but it is another win for the Pac-12.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I dont know much about PITT's QB-Nick Patti? With Slovis I would say its a 50 50 toss up.

Pac 12 is better than given credit for. Pitt doesn't stand a chance v. UCLA. One loss Pac seems most likely 

Tied at 14-all, with three minutes left in the second quarter...

Mr. FishDuck

28-14 UCLA with four minutes left in the third quarter.

Mr. FishDuck

Whoa!  31-28 Pitt, with 10 minutes left...

Mr. FishDuck

Can't help it, but wondering if recruit Moore is having any second thoughts of choosing Chip to get him ready for the NFL.  DTR was tutored by Chip for 5 years. 

I don't see DTR as a high draft choice. 

UCLA never was a serious Pac-12 championship team.  Don't see them winning the BIG when they change conferences.

UCLA line seemed to allow a lot of hits on DTR during his career.

Oh well, best of luck Mr. Moore!

At least Oregon will never have to worry about Moore...

• Haha 1

That's unfortunate. The Pac12 was very close to being 4-1

Chip choked. Seeing an LA school go down kinds feels good. Hope USC gets destroyed. Go Utes

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Very strange interaction between Chip and Pat Narduzzi after the game.  Incomplete video appears to show Narduzzi trying to talk to Chip, even pulling on his jacket sleeve.  CK said something as he held up a thumb (almost a dismissive wave) and walked away.  It will be interesting to see what the pundits say.

It's good or good!

UCLA wins and it is good for the current Pac-12.

UCLA loses and we laugh our rear off, and wish them well in the B1G, when they can't beat a mid-lin ACC team.

UCLA Bruins Football: Chip Kelly Has the Healthiest Team of His Career -  Bruins Nation

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Preseason, Pitt was supposed to be pretty good but couldn't beat the better ACC teams. They lost to Tennessee 27-34 in OT and lost to Georgia Tech       21-26. They ended the season strong with 4 wins. However, they clobbered Mario's Miami team 42-16 at Coral Gables!

UCLA- LOL -that's about it.

• Applause 1

The B1G can have UCLA now if they want them. Nevermind about waiting until after next season lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well I wasn’t happy with how Oregon played at the end of the season (bowl game exempted) but UCLA really sucked. Good luck Dante Moore. Welcome to mediocrity. Hope he can control his emotions better than DTR. Terrible leadership by UCLA’s QB. Terrible leadership by Chip who let DTR act that way all season. 

Edited by lownslowav8r
  • Thumbs Up 1

DTR: "They are a really good team, a really great-coached team. But at the end of the day, I think if we would have done our jobs to the our best abilities, they wouldn’t have been able to hang with us on that field."

😏

Edited by Krsmqn
  • Haha 2

Jon Gold: Have we seen peak UCLA? And what does that mean for Chip Kelly?

In Thursday’s Sun Bowl coaches press conference, Chip Kelly was asked about the timetable of UCLA’s turnaround, and here’s what he said:

“I don’t think you can put a timetable on something like that.”

Well, Kelly won’t, but UCLA fans sure are.

As a collective, they’re standing there, arms crossed, tapping their feet, staring at their watches, looking up, tapping their watch and letting out a big sigh.

If Kelly can make quick work of either Dante Moore or Collin Schlee, another 8- or 9-win season is a possibility.

If he can’t, the sound of tapping watches is going to get louder and louder.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

The Bruins dropped a heartbreaker in the Sun Bowl, and after a 1-game improvement with a loaded backfield, fans are wondering...