Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 12/31/22 Oregon State @ Ducks (Ducks WIN 77-68)

MEN'S BASKETBALL HOSTS OSU ON SATURDAY

OSU leads the most contested series in NCAA history, 192-168. The first meeting between the teams took place in 1903.

Ducks went 3-0 vs the Beavers last season, the first time either team has gone 3-0 vs the other since UO went 3-0 in 1996-97.

GODUCKS.COM

Eugene, Ore. – Oregon men's basketball hosts Oregon State on Saturday.

OSU GAMEDAY POSTER REVEALED

The newest installment in the men's basketball gameday poster series was released in advance of today's contest.

The artwork was designed by Bella Molyneux and is available to download in the links on the right side of the page. The first 100 fans at tonight's game will receive a print-out of the poster.

GODUCKS.COM

The first 100 fans at tonight's game will receive a copy.

Click to see entire poster...

Click to see entire line-up

"192-168. The first meeting between the teams took place in 1903."

Are you saying that they've played each other in basketball 360 times in 120 years?

I'm asking because if they played each other an average of 2 times per season for 120 years, that would be 240 games. 

On 12/31/2022 at 8:58 PM, Desert Duck said:

Are you saying that they've played each other in basketball 360 times in 120 years?

I'm asking because if they played each other an average of 2 times per season for 120 years, that would be 240 games. 

The information from the article you are asking about came from GoDucks, which is the site run by the UO. I would think they would have the correct info as they would have the historic records. Also, in earlier years, it could be possible that they played more than twice a year though I don't know for sure.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon's mens basketball team is terrible.  I can't watch them play anymore.

Perhaps I'll try again later in the season once they get the injured players back.

On 12/31/2022 at 5:58 PM, Desert Duck said:

Remember...years ago we had the Far West Classic tournament at this time each year in Portland and routinely played each other in those tournaments--and I believe we had THREE total games during the season between the conference game and a non-conference game to award the Chancellor's Trophy.  So we had the chance of playing them four times a year, (and often did) and I remember as a youth thinking how dumb that was.

I mean...who can take that much orange?

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

My kingdom for a shooting guard who can actually shoot!

Richardson is doing what he can along with Dante, but we're going nowhere with Rigsby and Soares shooting under 30% from 3.  

Will Richardson, Oregon men’s basketball avoid upset by Dexter Akanno, Oregon State

Oregon let a comfortable lead slip away but closed strong to avoid an upset by Oregon State.

Will Richardson had 22 points, seven rebounds and three assists to lead the Ducks to a 77-68 win

over Dexter Akanno (20 points) and the Beavers Saturday night at Matthew Knight Arena.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Will Richardson had 22 points, seven rebounds and three assists to lead the Ducks to a 77-68 win over Dexter Akanno (20 points) and...

Richardson's late-game heroics stave off comeback attempt by Oregon State

The Ducks finished 2022 on a high note as Will Richardson's heroics helped the Ducks defeat the Beavers, 77-68 on Saturday night.

Despite Oregon corraling 17 offensive rebounds and finishing the night with seven more shot attempts (57 to 50), the inability of

other players to create their own shot and Dante in foul trouble put together the makings of a dramatic comeback win for the Beavers.

Richardson would not be denied as he scored 12 of Oregon's final 18 points, leading the Ducks to an eighth victory and its

second conference victory of the year.

WATCH Pac-12 Network: Recap OSU vs Ducks

PAC-12.COM

Pac-12 Networks' Steve Wojciechowski and Jordan Kent discuss Oregon men's basketball victory over Oregon State on Saturday...

WATCH Pac-12 Network: Highlights OSU vs Ducks

PAC-12.COM

Oregon men's basketball defeats Oregon State by a final score of 77-68 on Saturday, Dec. 31 in Eugene. The Ducks improve to 8-6 overall and 2-1 in conference, while the Beavers fall to 7-7 overall and 1-2 in Pac-12 play. Follow Pac-12 men’s basketball this season with the Pac-12 Now App. Download the Pac-12 Now App today and set alerts for Pac-12 men’s basketball to make sure you never miss a moment of the action. Pac-12 Now is available today in your app store for iOS, Android, and Apple TV.

WATCH Will Richardson: On leading Ducks past the Beavers

PAC-12.COM

Oregon student-athlete Will Richardson joins Pac-12 Networks' Steve Wojciechowski and Jordan Kent following the Ducks' win against Oregon State on Saturday, Dec. 31 in Eugene. Follow Pac-12 men’s basketball this season with the Pac-12 Now App. Download the Pac-12 Now App today and set alerts for Pac-12 men’s basketball to make sure you never miss a moment of the action. Pac-12 Now is available today in your app store for iOS, Android, and Apple TV.

Rivalry Win Goes To Ducks

Oregon finished strong Saturday to beat Oregon State in Matthew Knight Arena, 77-68.

Senior guard Will Richardson capped 2022 in style Saturday, scoring 22 points and helping the

UO men's basketball team seal a 77-68 victory before 7,001 fans in Matthew Knight Arena.

"There's no doubt he was the difference in the game," UO coach Dana Altman said. "He just made big play after big play."

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon finished strong Saturday to beat Oregon State in Matthew Knight Arena, 77-68.

N’Faly Dante tallies 17 points, eight rebounds in just 18 minutes during win over Oregon State

Tonight, the senior center went an efficient 6-for-8 while facing foul trouble for a large portion of the second half. Despite playing

just the sixth most minutes on the team, Dante recorded the second most points to only Will Richardson, who played a complete 40.

“We got to keep Dante on the floor more,” head coach Dana Altman said postgame. “He had two really bad fouls trying to

guard penetration by guards where you just can’t make those fouls.”

247SPORTS.COM

N'Faly Dante continued his productive season on Saturday night, recording 17 points in just 18 minutes of action as Oregon...