OregonDucks

Peach Bowl Game Thread: Ohio State vs. Georgia

Let's go Dawgs!!!

Oh no Pac-12 refs, enjoy what we always have to live with. Best of luck

Georgia 44 - OSU 28

That TD play by Dawgs was perfectly executed. 

On 12/31/2022 at 5:19 PM, Dave23 said:

Oh no Pac-12 refs, enjoy what we always have to live with. Best of luck

Two terrible calls on this OSU drive - a missed false start by the RB and that PI call in the endzone.  TD Pac-12 refs!!!

Perhaps they are auditioning for the BIG?

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not looking good for Georgia.  Their defense isn't looking much better than Oregon's so far...

Dawgs have turned this game around quickly! Impressive. 

On 12/31/2022 at 6:35 PM, DUCati855 said:

Dawgs have turned this game around quickly! Impressive. 

It would be nice to get pressure on the QB and/or a sack on 3rd and long by rushing 4...

Georgia should also keep running the ball.  They are getting huge chunks.

Edited by OregonDucks

You can't have a linebacker covering a wide receiver without safety help...

UGA can't stop tOSU's receivers and they are giving Stroud too much time to find them. The Dogs may have met their match. After that TCU v Michigan semi, I suppose anything is possible.

On 12/31/2022 at 7:08 PM, OregonDucks said:

Perhaps they are auditioning for the BIG?

Maybe deal should be they get USC and UCLA but they have to trade us the Big10 refs.

• Haha 1

Congratulations to the Georgia Bulldogs. 

Two great college football playoff games today.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Best bowl season in recent memory. Congratulations TCU and UGA. What a great day of college football.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I told my rabid Duck friend after the first semi that I hope if the Dawgs are destined to win their game, that they do it more comfortably than TCU did over Michigan. What a laugh. Ohio State had Georgia scouted well and came in with an unbelievable game plan. My congratulations to Ryan Day and his staff.

I remember telling my football chat mates near the end of the game that were Stetson Bennett to engineer a TD on Georgia's last possession, he would remain a legend on that campus for as long as any Georgia partisan in the crowd at the Benz remains alive. The guy plays huge  in crunch time. His only fault on that drive is that he scored too  soon, giving C.J. Stroud 50 some seconds to work with. And that almost bit the Dawgs in the rear.

For now, I'll gladly take the win, pour some bourbon to celebrate, and look forward to the Dawgs vs. the Frogs in LA next week.

Oh and honesty compels me to admit that as a toddler, my most dear imaginary friends were a bunch of Purple Frogs that I had named and played with a lot. Now I hope that doesn't come back to bite me next week.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/31/2022 at 10:19 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

I told my rabid Duck friend after the first semi that I hope if the Dawgs are destined to win their game, that they do it more comfortably than TCU did over Michigan. What a laugh. Ohio State had Georgia scouted well and came in with an unbelievable game plan. My congratulations to Ryan Day and his staff.

I remember telling my football chat mates near the end of the game that were Stetson Bennett to engineer a TD on Georgia's last possession, he would remain a legend on that campus for as long as any Georgia partisan in the crowd at the Benz remains alive. The guy plays huge  in crunch time. His only fault on that drive is that he scored too  soon, giving C.J. Stroud 50 some seconds to work with. And that almost bit the Dawgs in the rear.

For now, I'll gladly take the win, pour some bourbon to celebrate, and look forward to the Dawgs vs. the Frogs in LA next week.

Oh and honesty compels me to admit that as a toddler, my most dear imaginary friends were a bunch of Purple Frogs that I had named and played with a lot. Now I hope that doesn't come back to bite me next week.

SGD, congrats on getting to the big dance. I am torn on who to root for. Duggan os hard to root against. Dudes a warrior. No fear. Just grabbed a fist full of sac and balled out.

Good luck to the Dawgs. What a great program. Just winners. I like SEC much more when UGA is top Dawg.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:42 AM, Log Haulin said:

SGD, congrats on getting to the big dance. I am torn on who to root for. Duggan os hard to root against. Dudes a warrior. No fear. Just grabbed a fist full of sac and balled out.

Good luck to the Dawgs. What a great program. Just winners. I like SEC much more when UGA is top Dawg.

Absolutely, Duggan is incredible.  And TCU is probably the most entertaining team to watch this season.  I was ready to pull for them if we lost.  I must admit though, I’m not a fan of tOSU, but Stroud and Co earned my respect in that game.  They really played incredible.  

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/1/2023 at 3:34 AM, SoGaDawg said:

Absolutely, Duggan is incredible.  And TCU is probably the most entertaining team to watch this season.  I was ready to pull for them if we lost.  I must admit though, I’m not a fan of tOSU, but Stroud and Co earned my respect in that game.  They really played incredible.  

This bowl season has been amazing. A ton of entertaining games. What a treat for those of us that love college football at all levels.

The 4 that made the playoff aren't separated by much. There are probably several teams that could have competed at a high level yesterday.

12 will be a huge step up for college game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Does anyone know if any Georgia defensive starters opted out for this semifinal game, or was Ohio State's offense and game plan just that good? I couldn't believe that Georgia gave up that many points.

On 1/1/2023 at 2:21 PM, CountryProf said:

Does anyone know if any Georgia defensive starters opted out for this semifinal game, or was Ohio State's offense and game plan just that good? I couldn't believe that Georgia gave up that many points.

This article should help answer your question...Final Peach Bowl Injury/Opt Out Report: ‘Dawgs And Bucks Healthy Heading Into Peach Bowl

WWW.DAWGSPORTS.COM

We’re just over 6 hours away from Georgia and Ohio State’s prime time matchup in the Chick-Fil-A Peach Bowl. The Buckeyes...

• Thanks 1

On 1/1/2023 at 2:21 PM, CountryProf said:

No, we had no starters opt out.  Our D just had a rough night.  tOSU was prepared and came to play.  Stroud played exceptionally well, and we didn’t consistently get pressure on him nor did we cover well downfield.  

They got away with some holding, but I’m sure we did also.  It’s the most gassed I’ve seen our D all year.  tOSU offense took it to us pretty good.

• Thanks 1

Funny story (not really) from last night. I was at a friend’s house for a NYE party and we were watching the game on his TV. OSU lines up for the winning FG and he rolls over and switches the channel to Ryan Clark’s Rockin Eve show. As we are yelling at him he says “the girls want to see the ball drop”. Needless to say, we saw the highlight of the missed FG about 10 minutes later.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

On 1/1/2023 at 3:02 PM, SoGaDawg said:

No, we had no starters opt out.  Our D just had a rough night.  tOSU was prepared and came to play.  Stroud played exceptionally well, and we didn’t consistently get pressure on him nor did we cover well downfield.  

They got away with some holding, but I’m sure we did also.  It’s the most gassed I’ve seen our D all year.  tOSU offense took it to us pretty good.

It's strangely comforting to a duck fan to know that even Georgia's defense isn't immortal!

On 1/1/2023 at 5:30 PM, CountryProf said:

It's strangely comforting to a duck fan to know that even Georgia's defense isn't immortal!

Being that it’s over and that we somehow squeaked out an almost miraculous win, And that Stroud didn’t quite cause me to have a heart attack, I’m glad it went this way.  In hopes that our D will be laser focused and more prepared for TCU.  

I’m proud of our guys, they never gave up and made it happen when they had to.  In truth though, we were also lucky enough to have everything go our way late in the game.  As much as I don’t like tOSU, I must admit that they played great and didn’t deserve to lose.  I’m not saying we didn’t earn it, but we were very fortunate in the end with the way things played out.  Our guys got it done, but there was a fair amount of luck involved.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 4:22 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Being that it’s over and that we somehow squeaked out an almost miraculous win, And that Stroud didn’t quite cause me to have a heart attack, I’m glad it went this way.  In hopes that our D will be laser focused and more prepared for TCU.  

I’m proud of our guys, they never gave up and made it happen when they had to.  In truth though, we were also lucky enough to have everything go our way late in the game.  As much as I don’t like tOSU, I must admit that they played great and didn’t deserve to lose.  I’m not saying we didn’t earn it, but we were very fortunate in the end with the way things played out.  Our guys got it done, but there was a fair amount of luck involved.

A man makes his own luck. It's that place where preparedness meets opportunity. Smart and his staff prepared this team and had an opportunity to win in the end.

Dawgs are champions. I would love for the Ducks to play them in January 2024. Luck or otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 7:22 PM, SoGaDawg said:

⁸ At the end of the day, I guess all any of us have is doing the best we can and getting lucky. I'm glad things bounced Georgia's way this time. As with so many other people here, I am very impressed with that team and with the Georgia fans who have become a much welcomed part of this forum.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1