JMac

Herbert - “The Ultimate Competitor”

I saw this great video on Herbert, tonight. I did a quick search to see if it had already been posted, and couldn’t find it. Check it out, and if it doesn’t put a smile on your face… we can’t be friends 😂

🦆🏈🙌

The Ultimate Competitor

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The completion he throws at the 20 minute mark of the video was sick. Must win game…not many QBs are capable of making that type of throw. 

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

There is no doubt, he is an ultimate competitor, and an extreme talent. I hope he is able to get to the Super Bowl and win before his career is over.

I also hope he is able to get through medical school before I need him. I want the guy on my side when I need him.

For now we should appreciate a generational talent on the field.

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Man amongst boys! 

• Applause 2

I really enjoyed watching that—thanks for sharing. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 1/1/2023 at 2:52 AM, JMac said:

I saw this great video on Herbert, tonight. I did a quick search to see if it had already been posted, and couldn’t find it. Check it out, and if it doesn’t put a smile on your face… we can’t be friends 😂

🦆🏈🙌

The Ultimate Competitor

Thanks so much for sharing this. When I saw the length of the video, nearly 27 minutes, I figured I'd watch about 5 or so minutes of it.

Nearly 27 minutes later, I wanted about 27 minutes more. 

Just a tremendous video about a QB who, IF they can keep him moderately healthy, will likely go down in NFL as one of the Top-5 QBs of all time. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/1/2023 at 12:38 PM, Desert Duck said:

Thanks so much for sharing this. When I saw the length of the video, nearly 27 minutes, I figured I'd watch about 5 or so minutes of it.

Nearly 27 minutes later, I wanted about 27 minutes more. 

Just a tremendous video about a QB who, IF they can keep him moderately healthy, will likely go down in NFL as one of the Top-5 QBs of all time. 

I watched the game where he took those back to back hits, fracturing his rib cartilage. I already loved Herbert, but the grit that he showed, the rest of that game… man, my admiration went to another level. He’s a dude. I agree, if they can protect him, he’s going to cement a special legacy!

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/1/2023 at 11:53 AM, JMac said:

I watched the game where he took those back to back hits, fracturing his rib cartilage. I already loved Herbert, but the grit that he showed, the rest of that game… man, my admiration went to another level. He’s a dude. I agree, if they can protect him, he’s going to cement a special legacy!

From Yale School of Medicine:

"If you’ve ever had a rib or rib cartilage fracture, you know that this type of injury causes severe pain. A hallmark of a rib fracture is that a deep breath makes the pain worse. Pain from a fractured rib can even impede your breathing, leading to a chest infection.

The usual time taken for complete recovery from a rib and/or cartilage fracture is approximately three to four months… but full recovery can take as long as six months. Refraining from strenuous activities and taking adequate rest can speed up the healing time."

Anyone who has had a fractured rib(s) or cartilage knows how horribly painful this injury. When I cracked three ribs, just the thought of someone touching my chest makes me wince. It hurt like hell just to breath.

How Justin got back out there the following week, and every week thereafter, is beyond me. 

• Great post! 2

What a state treasure!!!!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Leader, whom others are inspired to follow.  A trait, that Cristobal failed to recognize or take advantage of, sadly.  Herbies last year, you could see the growth and awareness he showed to be the type of leader he was.  Even with the interference and ego from his former coach.  It is in Justins blood.

Justin showed so much leadership and maturity in his last year.  Even when they failed to exploit his strengths.  It came naturally to him, like it suddenly slowed down for him and he just played football.  Proud of you Herbert, prayers and best wishes as you realize your dreams.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1