FishDuck Article

Ducks’ Thrilling Holiday Bowl Win the Perfect Christmas Gift

Oregon's comeback victory was thrilling, with so much to savor.  FishDuck writer Jordan Ingram was at the game and shares his feelings as a Duck fan.

FISHDUCK.COM

This year's Holiday Bowl between the No. 15 Oregon Ducks and North Carolina Tar Heels was a game for history books. Trailing 27-21, the...

• Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Jordan, your description of the ending is perfect.

"The feeling is hard to describe — nail-biting, nerve-wracking, excited delirium. It’s games like these that football fans never forget."

I agree, that's why football is the best!  So many good things to celebrate in the off season as we get ready Spring practices.  Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks O can compete with anyone in the country. They are loaded in every position but QB. The shortcomings are inexperienced coaching and QB depth

The first game v. UGA counts, it happened and has to be reconciled. First game of everything being new had a lot to do with it. But so did UGA. I think the outcome would be different if we played them Sept 1st game 2023. The bounce back from that game was almost storybook. 

Defense? Yikes!!! 2 of last three games the defense was respectable. Not great but serviceable. Should be much better next year and close to great year 3.

For a first year after near complete turnover, this was a very satisfying season. 10 wins puts you in a great position leading up to next year. 

Duck coaching staff will learn and adjust this off season. Dan Lanning has a very good football mind. I think he shocks the college football world in year 2. Almost did it in year 1.

• Thumbs Up 1

While it would have been good if the Ducks had led all the way and won by the 14-point spread, it was more exciting, heart-thumping, and memorable they way they got the victory in this Holiday Bowl!

Thanks for the fun article, Jordan. It will be a long time before I forget that feeling of extreme anxiety during that last minute of the game. Yes, it was the perfect Christmas gift for Duck fans. Go Ducks.