FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Biggest Winners of the Holiday Bowl

Our Oregon Ducks football program made a huge statement for next season against the Tarheels. In what was a rollercoaster of a game (ending on a huge DOINK-ed extra point), the Ducks were able to ring in the new year to the tune of a Holiday Bowl victory, finishing Dan Lanning’s first season with double-digit wins. While it wasn’t pretty at ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Our Oregon Ducks football program made a huge statement for next season against the Tarheels. In what was a rollercoaster of a game (ending...
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Thrilled Funa had a great game and he isn't going anywhere. He seems to be one of those guys who is buying into Lanning's system.

He missed his senior year in high school yet was still a strong 4*. Seems like he might be starting to hit his stride. I would love to see him become all-Pac-12 next season.

• Thumbs Up 1

I think Keith Brown deserves a shout out. He played an excellent game. Being a local kid, hoping he takes a big step this off season. 

High 4 star coming out of Lebanon High School. I think it's just a matter of time before he makes an impact and take a starting roll. 

• Thumbs Up 2

For me the offensive line set the tone all season for Bo, Bucky and all the receivers to have a great season. The O Line put their exclamation point on the season in the Holiday Bowl. This unit can run block, pass protect and they even moved the ball against Georgia. Without their stellar play the stars on offense don't shine as bright!

Hats off and a special shout out to Cam for destroying 2 Tarheel defenders to help spring Bucky on his exciting 66 yard TD run. Well done Cam.......

Mase Funa and Keith Brown played solid positional football for most of the game. Pressue and containment enable the back end to perform better. Looking forward to both players stepping up and leading the D next season, along with Bridges and Manning.

Congratulations to DL, his staff and all the players for the season ending victory to cap a 10-3 season. The non NY6 bowls may not matter to many fans buy winning a bowl game matters. The narrative going forward improves for the Ducks and the PAC. The PAC should have 4 teams ranked in the top 15 in the preseason polls. Thanks to the Holiday Bowl victory OBD's should be one of those teams.

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1

Totally agree with the first 4 posts and how our linebacker group played and tackled very well. Bodes well for next year.

I also thought our corners did an excellent job even though NCs QB was pretty sharp for most of the game. Played well and broke up passes without committing penalties.

Edited by Just Ducky
  • Thumbs Up 2