Pennsylvania Duck

NCAA Committee Proposes Major Changes for Division I Sports, Including Bigger March Madness

There are many proposals for change on the table...forcing change to Division 1 sports as run today if approved

WWW.USATODAY.COM

Larger NCAA men's and women's basketball tournaments and enhanced welfare for athletes were key points proposed by an...

"►The Board also overseeing the exploration of eliminating sport-by-sport scholarship limits “to focus on the number of student-athletes participating” in team activities each season." 

That is one of the more interesting things that is being proposed. I haven't got a clue what this is going to look like but is this potentially a back door for coaches to push players off the team by not letting them participate in team activities? But this is what I intend on keeping an eye on because it will effect how the transfer portal works. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Expand March Madness? NCAA transformation committee overshadows its good ideas with a really bad one

WWW.SPORTINGNEWS.COM

An NCAA Tournament of 90 or more teams would make March Madness -- and the sport in which it crowns the champion -- far less popular. So why bring it up?

Why does it take so long for this group to act? If you keep proposing things why not act on those proposals instead of getting walked on continually.