McDuck

New DB Coach Hired?

It doesn't say what position but a blurb from Football Scoop

Oregon: Dante Bartee, who spent last season as the defensive coordinator at Ottawa University (NAIA - KS), has accepted a position as a defensive assistant with the Ducks.

That would be very surprising to see someone make the jump from NAIA, not saying it's a bad move as I'm sure very few actually know anything about a guy coaching at Ottawa University!

• Haha 1

Could also be a new analyst for the defense. 

But if he is hired as a full assistant coach, it is a risky hire but I'm not saying it wouldn't pay off but certainly risky. 

Definitely an interesting hire. Peeks my curiosity.

Oregon has a good networking pipeline to find coaches. I can’t say that every hire has always panned out, but we have had pretty good luck hiring coaches on the rise.

With the way DL started his coaching career, it doesn’t surprise me that he is giving an unknown an opportunity to be on staff. These type guys usually know they need to outwork the guy next to them to advance. 

There is a process to get new hires approved, I trust the process. 

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

Carlos Locklyn was a nobody, with basically one year of coaching at the D1 level. This guy seems like a Locklyn type hire, if so I love it!

We need somebody to bring to the Defensive Backfield what Locklyn brought to our offensive RB's.

I also like the continued hiring of guy with a lot to prove. The Oregon program wasn't built by hiring guys who check all the boxes. We hire guys who want to think outside the box and win by working harder and smarter.

On 1/6/2023 at 6:16 AM, McDuck said:

It doesn't say what position but a blurb from Football Scoop

Oregon: Dante Bartee, who spent last season as the defensive coordinator at Ottawa University (NAIA - KS), has accepted a position as a defensive assistant with the Ducks.

After a little research this hire sounds promising. Dante Bartee has ties to the west coast. He went to ASU. Coached high school ball in the Phoenix area, went on to assist at Cal before moving eastward. He seems to have excelled everywhere he has been and is on a fast-track within the coaching community. One of the articles I scanned claims he has ties to the Georgia coaching tree (not exactly sure how).

I'm sure coach Lanning knows exactly what he is getting. Seems to be another great young enthusiastic hire.

Edited by DUCati855

OTTAWABRAVES.COM

OTTAWA, Kan. – Ottawa University head football coach, Nick Davis, is pleased to announce the hiring of Dante Bartee as the program's Defensive Coordinator.

Seems to be well thought of, and pretty good pedigree with defense players

Everything I read seems like Dante Bartee fits with DL's coaching preferences.  He has plenty of coaching experience and is well regarded in coaching circles.  DL seems to like to grab the young but talented coaches before it's obvious to hire them which is smart.