• Thanks 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

DL just keeps on building

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

This is exactly who is needed. Welcome to Oregon Jordan Burch!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Unbelievable.  This helps Oregon in so many ways...our growing image being one, and what Lanning is building.  Whew!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Wow the defensive line is getting rebuilt in a hurry!

• Go Ducks! 2

Transfer Profile: 5 things to know about Oregon's newest DL Jordan Burch

Playing in the shadow of the program’s best defensive lineman in the history of the

school would be a daunting task for any kid coming out of high school.

But that was the position defensive lineman Jordan Burch put himself in when he decided

to play for South Carolina in 2020 where he was billed as the next Jadaveon Clowney.

Burch has decided to go as far away from Clowney’s shadow in hopes of becoming his own player, now as an Oregon Duck.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Jordan Burch lived in the shadow of a great South Carolina Gamecock, but now he comes to Oregon to make a name for...
  • Go Ducks! 1

Former South Carolina Edge Rusher Jordan Burch Commits to Oregon Ducks

Dan Lanning and the Ducks add one of the biggest names out of the transfer portal.

After signing the top recruiting class in the Pac-12 for 2023, the Ducks have worked

diligently to add instant-impact talent to their roster.

He announced his commitment on social media and sources tell Ducks Digest that he's

expected to enroll at Oregon this week.

Burch took an official visit to Eugene over the weekend and the Ducks sealed the deal during that trip.

WWW.SI.COM

The Ducks just landed their biggest commitment out of the transfer portal.

• Go Ducks! 1

Click to see entire post...at bottom is current scholarship count

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Burch was a former five-star prospect played a key role for the Gamecocks' defense in 2022

💥BOOOOM💥 Huge get. I believe the difference in the D, between this last season, and next, is going to be a visible one. 

Is it still supposed to be Christmas???

💥🦆🏈🙌

• Haha 1

On 1/11/2023 at 5:46 PM, JMac said:

Is it still supposed to be Christmas???

Yes!! Christmas thru February

• Haha 1

If this doesn’t get our resident starters to be better the we might see a whole new group on the front seven next season. 🤪 I’m getting dizzier than normal.

• Thumbs Up 1

If DL and TL bring out his full potential, then Matayo and Dorlus should stand to benefit.  Imagine lining up all 3 of them to pressure the opposing QB??

We have almost always had the O from Oregon, but it would seem we are starting to get the D back from the Duck too. 

Burch had a choice to either play one more year or go pro. He decided to play one more year under Lanning and Co. Welcome and here is to you becoming a 1st round draft choice, and the Ducks turning into a first rate defense!

Well done Dan Lanning and everyone involved, now bring in the speed!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This is a guy that requires added attention from the QB and OL. The fact that he is on the field makes everyone else better. Our pass rush needed some extra horsepower and this looks like an impressive addition. 

DL and staff have the WOW factor going this year with recruiting.

I think I better renew those seasons tickets.

Welcome to Oregon Jordan Burch. 

Edited by Drake
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Literally...huge get! The CBS story linked said that Burch will get to test his wares when Oregon plays Ohio State next year! Umm, that's in 2032 (or sooner if we go to the B1G).

• Like 1

On 1/11/2023 at 5:13 PM, 2002duck said:

Literally...huge get! The CBS story linked said that Burch will get to test his wares when Oregon plays Ohio State next year! Umm, that's in 2032 (or sooner if we go to the B1G).

Who's to say what time of year it will be?

It could happen!

Edited by woundedknees
  • Thumbs Up 2

How many four or five star defensive ends and tackles do we now have?  And I'm talking from prior years recruiting, incoming high school recruits and transfers? I don't think I've ever seen this many defensive line recruits come to Oregon like this. I feel like our offense will be our defense because they are going to lineup, punch somebody in the face, take the ball from them and score. Rinse, wash, and repeat. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Some of the guys returning are going to need to step up their game...which is what Lanning wanted.  He knows we needed D-Line depth badly and went out and got some great transfers last year, and now is building on it. 

giphy.gif

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/11/2023 at 2:14 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Solid numbers. Why would he leave? Is there a backstory? Did NIL have an impact?

Somewhat puzzling.

But it seems like a great pickup for the Ducks.

This is a great pickup for the Ducks. Lanning was Jordan's contact person when Georgia was recruiting him, and I speculatged a week or so ago that if he could break away from Mama's wishes, Oregon might just be a likely landing zone, particularly if an NIL offer was attractive.

Some on the Dawgs' main blog had speculated that he would be Athens bound. But as he would have to fight it out with accomplished DLs there and with two 5-star edge guys, Oregon was clearly the best spot for Jordan. I wish him great success in Eugene where he fills a big need. Go Ducks!

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Commitment Analysis: Jordan Burch is a Duck

At 6'6", 275 pounds, Burch is a physical specimen, who one source described to me as "uber athletic". He's got long arms that will make it difficult for quarterbacks and ballcarriers to escape a tackle. Oregon's newest addition can get after the quarterback (40 QB pressures in '22), set the edge in the run game and has elite speed for a player of his size.

With his athleticism also comes some positional versatility. Although he projects as a true defensive end that will likely play the 5 tech on the outside, you could add some weight to his frame and kick him inside at times to play a 3 tech between the guard and tackle.

WWW.SI.COM

Dan Lanning and the Ducks reel in their biggest portal addition yet.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon transfer edge rusher Jordan Burch a 'perfect fit' with Ducks

The Ducks recorded a sack on just 3.7 percent of passing attempts, which was 127th nationally last season. Burch, at the very least, will provide ample pressure in the Pac-12 and draw attention to create 1 vs. 1s for his teammates, perhaps even 2023 five-star recruit Matayo Uiagalelei. Bottom line: Burch’s presence will create disruption, and disruption usually leads to pass-rush production.

At Oregon, he joins a group of edge rushers that could be much better in Dan Lanning’s second year. The Ducks signed Uiagalelei as well as 4-star Blake Purchase to pair with the returning Mase Funa, who played perhaps his best game of the year in the Ducks’ Holiday Bowl win.

SATURDAYOUTWEST.COM

Oregon and former South Carolina edge rusher Jordan Burch is a perfect partnership, according to 247Sports.

• Like 1