Charles Fischer

Growling About Grinch: USC Fans Are NOT Happy

Look, I thought Grinch was awesome at WSU for Mike Leach...but the wolves are howling down there!

USC Fans React:

"If the defense is terrible again the whole blame will shift to Riley."

"Let’s hope we get Oregon State Grinch and not back half of the season Grinch. No excuses next season because looking like he will actually have some dudes."

"Can we make this thread the official "I NEED TO RAGE POST AND TROLL THREAD," and merge any future anti-Grinch posts here so that the 50 year old men-children have a place to play?"

"The program isn't committed to winning national titles like we were told they were. That is disappointing."

"Just another B12 team."

"Championship talk is hollow from Riley. Penix gonna hang 80 on us lol."

user generated

Gotta love it!

200.gif

• Haha 3
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

It's not about the X's and O's.....it's about the Jimmy's and Joe's

• Great post! 1

Gotta feel for USC fans?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

USC fans upset,

776ap3.jpg

Edited by Haywarduck
wrong pic
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Wait…I thought they deserved to be in the playoffs. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/11/2023 at 7:06 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Let’s hope we get Oregon State Grinch and not back half of the season Grinch. No excuses next season because looking like he will actually have some dudes."

Oregon State Grinch, as so this fan thinks, is dependent on very bad quarterback play. 

Riley is still thinking this is the Big-12 where they really play just enough defense to get by. 

Granted it seemed to work well enough for him to sneak into the championship game but that wasn't good enough to win it. And it certainly won't be good enough once they move to the B1G.

• Thumbs Up 1

NFL cards have requested to speak with Lincoln about their head coaching job. Imagine that turnabout dish served cold.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 4
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 7:30 AM, Flyin Vee said:

NFL cards have requested to speak with Lincoln about their head coaching job. Imagine that turnabout dish served cold.

Jerry Jones could be after him as well. That is, if McCarthy flames out in the playoffs (which is guaranteed) and Sean Payton signs on elsewhere.

On 1/12/2023 at 4:30 AM, Flyin Vee said:

Watching that meltdown?

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I dunno...given Riley's performance at Oklahoma, do we want him to leave USC?  They might replace him with some guy that values defense and actually can win a national title...

Guess it won't matter for Oregon in another couple of years when SC is being pounded by tOSU and Michigan (and maybe Wisconsin now that they have Luke Fickell), but still...

• Applause 1

If Riley were to take the NFL job, (which he might to get out of HS recruiting, portal recruiting, and recruiting his own guys to stay) then all the current signees to the USC 2023 class could opt out...and Oregon could benefit!  

At minimum it would help us immediately with speedster Rodrick Pleasant, and 5-Stars Duce Robinson and Nyckoles Harbor.

Duce Robinson

5-star Duce Robinson leads key group of visitors at Texas this weekend - On3

Mr. FishDuck

Trying to be hopeful and optimistic about how our D must improve considerably next year. Its was a total embarrassment this year but I guess it has nothing to do with DC but the players he had to work with?

On 1/12/2023 at 8:21 AM, Duckhart said:

I guess it has nothing to do with DC but the players he had to work with?

It was coaching as well, IMHO.  But I do believe that this is a three-year install, with it coming together in the mid-2024 season.  This year will be an improvement, while late 2024 will be the beginning of something special in defense at Oregon.

2024 is my fantasy defense, and I'm

sticking to it!

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Love the way you handle your Beer Charles.  Did not spill a drop, good form.

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If the coaching staff can somehow coach these studs to put pressure on the QB then next season could be marvelous. This front seven is oozing with potential.