Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 1/14/23, No. 9 Arizona @ Ducks (Ducks WIN 87-68)

Rewinding Oregon men’s basketball’s 87-68 win over Arizona

The Ducks (10-8, 4-3 Pac-12) got their best win of the season.

The Wildcats (15-3, 4-3) fell for the sixth straight time in Eugene.

Oregon was a 4-point underdog, according to VegasInsider.com.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Follow live updates as the Ducks host the Wildcats

WATCH ESPN: Oregon vs Arizona Highlights

Oregon upsets No. 9 Arizona Jermaine, Couisnard and N'faly Dante combine for 49 points in Oregon's upset of No. 9 Arizona.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Jermaine Couisnard and N'faly Dante combine for 49 points in Oregon's upset of No. 9 Arizona.

MBB Recap: Ducks upset No. 9 Arizona with shocking 87-68 blowout

Dana Altman’s Ducks shocked the Arizona Wildcats on Saturday afternoon in front of what turned out to

be a raucous and rambunctious Matthew Knight Arena crowd. It featured the energy and effort that has been

lacking in so many lackluster performances this season and gave Oregon it’s defining win of the season thus far.

It was a celebratory day for the Oregon program which has seen so many disappointments over the past month.

Here’s how everything went down:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With a 21-point blowout win over No. 9 Arizona, the Ducks picked up their defining win of the 2022 season.

• Go Ducks! 1

Oregon delivers on promised changes, upset No. 9 Arizona in blowout fashion

Changes in Oregon’s playstyle began obviously on Saturday afternoon in front of 7,970 attendees, as the Ducks implemented two new starters. Jermaine Couisnard and Nate Bittle started at the shooting guard and power forward roles as Brennan Rigsby, and Quincy Guerrier were now members of the bench unit.

The most significant change to the demeanor and effort levels of the Ducks came on an emphatic N'Faly Dante slam dunk over Kerr Kriisa, sending the crowd into a fury. The dunk set the night's tone, and Oregon never backed down.

“He was really good,” said Altman on Dante’s performance. “He and Jermain, Will was good too, they got us that separation. I mean, 9-for-11, Jermaine, like I said, 6-for-9 (from three), offensively, those guys really separated us. But defensively, it was everybody."

247SPORTS.COM

After Thursday’s embarrassing loss to Arizona State, Oregon head coach Dana Altman vowed changes were coming. Those...

With the ASU loss fresh on their minds, the Ducks showed their potential in beatdown of Arizona

After spending most of Thursday night reviewing Oregon's 17-point home loss to Arizona State, Dana Altman got up Friday morning and started a drive south down Interstate 5.

"I think I made it to about Roseburg," Altman said. "I just needed to clear my head, figure it out.

"You're disappointed in yourself when you can't get your team to play hard. As a coach, that's your first responsibility; it just drives me nuts. It bothers me the most when we don't compete. We've played bad before and lost games, but our competitiveness can't be what it was Thursday night or the previous Thursday night at Colorado. That's not basketball."

247SPORTS.COM

The destination was unknown. Dana Altman just knew he needed to jump in the car and figure out what was needed to get the...

Ducks Rebound In Big Way, Upset ’Cats

Oregon put together its most complete performance of the season Saturday to beat No. 9 Arizona, 87-68.

Dante got the party started in Matthew Knight Arena with a steal and highlight-reel dunk over Arizona's Kerr Kriisa one minute into the game. A couple of hours later the party ended with members of the Oregon Pit Crew dancing at center court in celebration of the blowout.

"It was kind of personal today — their big guy (Oumar Ballo) is from Mali and I'm from Mali," said Dante, who also had three steals and two blocks. "I just wanted to get a 'dub'. I had a mindset before they game, we played them last year and they beat us by three; that's not happening again. … The last game, I was just worried about fouling. This one I was like, you know what, I'm going to do whatever my teams needs."

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon put together its most complete performance of the season Saturday to beat No. 9 Arizona, 87-68.

WATCH Game Highlights : Ducks vs Arizona

PAC-12.COM

Oregon men's basketball took down No. 9 Arizona 87-68. In his fourth game as a Duck, South Carolina transfer Jermaine...

WATCH  N'Faly Dante throw down HUGE dunk

PAC-12.COM

Oregon student-athlete N’Faly Dante rocks the rim against No. 9 Arizona on Saturday, Jan. 14 in Eugene. Follow Pac-12 men’s basketball this season with the Pac-12 Now App. Download the Pac-12 Now App today and set alerts for Pac-12 men’s basketball to make sure you never miss a moment of the action. Pac-12 Now is available today in your app store for iOS, Android, and Apple TV.

WATCH: Dana Altman details big win over No. 9 Arizona

Oregon basketball head coach Dana Altman gives his insight into how the

Ducks dominated Arizona 87-68 Saturday to save its season.

WATCH: N'Faly Dante and Jermaine Couisnard break down Arizona win

Oregon Duck seniors N'Faly Dante and Jermaine Couinsard discuss the Ducks' big win over No. 9 Arizona,

what went right for Oregon, and how they need to bottle this performance up and tap into it the rest of the year.

What Arizona Coach Tommy Lloyd said after blowout loss at Oregon

On Oregon playing so well after a big loss to ASU:

“They’ve had a little bit of an up and down season and obviously Thursday they got a thumping. And I’m sure they had a tough 36 hours and then it kind of rallied around it. I’m sure their coach did a good job getting ready and they came out and they took it to us today.”

WWW.AZDESERTSWARM.COM

Arizona came into Saturday’s game having won by 12 on the road two days earlier, while Oregon had lost by 17 at home. You...

Dana Altman has a new question to answer as Ducks bolster March Madness hopes

Thursday night’s matchup against the Sun Devils, things took an all-time turn for the worse when Oregon got blown out, putting the March Madness hopes on life support. It was a loss that arguably hurt more because of the success that the Ducks had just days prior against Utah.

It’s a loss that left head coach Dana Altman up at night, unable to sleep with too many questions circling in his brain. The 64-year-old coach got in the car and started driving south down Interstate 5, hoping to find an answer somewhere between Eugene and an undetermined destination.

While he may not have been able to verbalize what the actual answer to that question was, it was clear that a solution came somewhere on the open road. With one question answered, though, a new quandary arises...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks got a huge win over No. 9 Arizona, but now Altman needs to figure out how to duplicate that effort going forward.

Look: College Basketball's 'Dunk Of The Year' Is Going Viral

They're talking about  N'Faly Dante's dunk during the beginning of the game!

WWW.MSN.COM

Oregon basketball star N'Faly Dante delivered one of the best college basketball dunks of the year on Saturday night. Jumping...

Dante turned in a candidate for Dunk of the Year in Eugene

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

Clemson is currently on track to win the program's first regular-season ACC championship since 1990

Oregon dominates in big win over No. 9 Arizona

Dana Altman made two changes to the starting lineup ahead of the matchup against No. 9 Arizona. While the refreshed lineup certainly helped bring back the missing energy in Matthew Knight Arena, it too brought back the identity of what Oregon basketball tends to be.

Defense, rebounds, and scoring. In that order. The Ducks did just about everything right in order to pull off one of the most impressive upsets in school history.

The new starting lineup worked to a tee, with all but one ending in double-digit scoring. Jermaine Couisnard made his first start as a Duck and quickly became the new go-to guy.

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Dana Altman made some changes to his lineup, and it brought positive results as Oregon upset No. 9 Arizona on Saturday.