Drake

Video: This is Home. Autzen Stadium

Older video, but thought I would post it since many of us missed attending games last season. The video has some nice highlights, but it does a good job capturing some of the reasons Autzen is “Home”.

The footage of the walk across the footbridge to Autzen on game day...brings back nostalgic memories....sigh.

• Like 2

3:26...Masoli takes off, delivers a shot and makes the first down...perfect!!!!

Pivotal play on 4th down to decide if the Ducks or Beavers go to the Rose Bowl.

Edited by Drake

Thanks I needed that

I loved it, and yet it made me sad.

I used to believe in our offense, and knew we would win most of our games.  Back then I knew our coach was the smartest one on the sidelines, and now?

I miss those days.

Mr. FishDuck

27 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

I loved it, and yet it made me sad.

I used to believe in our offense, and knew we would win most of our games.  Back then I knew our coach was the smartest one on the sidelines, and now?

I miss those days.

I hope to see our Ducks win a championship as much as anyone. Remember, it’s not just about the destination, but the journey. New coaches , new players, all part of that journey. If I never see the Ducks win the National Championship I still have had a great experience.

At least we’re not Beaver fans. 

Edited by Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Drake said:

At least we’re not a Beaver fans. 

That bar is a deep dive compared to what we saw in that video, in those days.

It could be done again, as we will have the talent....

Byron Marshall scores in NC_John Giustina.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

14 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

That bar is a deep dive compared to what we saw in that video, in those days.

It could be done again, as we will have the talent....

Byron Marshall scores in NC_John Giustina.jpg

One point that you make that I think is important is that a “sexy” offense does attract talent. We probably would not have pulled DAT from USC with our sputtering offensive attack. He became a big part of the explosive offense that could score in seconds. 

Yes,  I totally miss that offensive assault. Imagine the numbers that Mariota could have put up if he wasn’t pulled from most of our games early. Could have scored 100 points a few times.

Edited by Drake

Thanks Drake,

What I love so much about that video is all the memories it illicits.

Even today we park on the school side so we can take the footbridge.

One day we will win it all...but even then, all the memories will be the best part.

It does seem like MC is still at a stage where he wants to have his fingerprints on most everything, rather than be more of a CEO type coach.

I'd agree MC seems well suited as a CEO (and OL co-coach if he wishes); but, I'm not really seeing any special indication he is a huge "plus influence" as either essentially a co-OC or co-DC.

The whole "SEC style football" thing was an ok narrative to turn the page on the past, but it doesn't appear to describe much of what we seeing (other than maybe an unnecessary - and possibly limiting - risk adversion streak permanating the staff).

And this is at a time when those programs who actually were decent at the whole "SEC style thing" have been abandoning it (because it was leaving them further behind).

Most everybody wants to be physical, play fast and fundamental, and beat people up, talking about it endlessly doesn't seem to do much to make it happen.

Oregon didn't appear to be especially tough or physical in 2020. Not bad, just no different than 90% of college football. When Oregon was best in 2020, it was when it's athletes were allowed to make plays in space and it played fast (and a bit reckless).

With another 1-2 recruiting classes, on paper Oregon might enter into the very top tier of the "blue chip" ratio, conceivably just under the big 3 of Alabama, tOSU, and Georgia, and right in there (if not even slightly ahead) of the likes of Clemson, LSU, Oklahoma, Florida, and others.

Let JM fully bring in what will be a modern cutting edge college offense and let TDR do what he does (install a fundamentally sound and aggressive defense) with great talent. Win with that talent, effort, and execution (rather than trying to "fit" some older ideas/philosophy onto today's game - creating limits in the process).

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Thumbs Up 1