FishDuck Article

Oregon Football News and Happenings

The 2022 season might be over, but college football is undoubtedly a 24/7/365 institution. Here we are in mid-January and all kinds of interesting stuff is happing. Let us jump to it. Ducks Hire New Defensive Coach The offense certainly was not in short supply this past season for the Ducks. But, the defense, while talented, did not always play ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Darren Perkins of FishDuck.com brings some news and opinion your way on the Oregon Ducks.

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Given the really tough schedule OBD has next season, I'm glad the 3 OOC games are relative cupcakes.  With all the new players coming in and a new OC, they'll need every one of those games to iron out wrinkles in the offense and defense before Pac12 play.

At Texas Tech is a game the Ducks better be ready for. The finished 2022 at 8-5 and finished 4th in the Big 12. And, former Duck QB Tyler Shough will be motivated to get back at his old team. But, yeah, compared to Georgia a cupcake. 

Thanks for the great info Darren.

Our Ducks schedule is manageable. But, not simple. As the article states playing both USC and Utah (from the former south division) is a tough task. Add that to the now formidable Beavers and Huskies increases competition levels and our Ducks have some true tests on the schedule. Opening the season against Coach Prime and the national media circus that comes with it may prove to be more difficult than anticipated. Lastly, traveling to Texas to play Shough and the Red Raiders adds another twist to a competitive 2023 calendar.

I'm excited to see what our 2023 roster can do with this season. I feel it will be a step forward. But, everyone on the schedule seems to have made steps forward as well. It's gonna be fun!

Edited by DUCati855

I'm wondering if Cam McCormick was encouraged to look elsewhere.  After seven years Oregon no longer had an obligation to provide a scholarship and a number of difficult decisions must be made to get the the magic 85 limit.  All accounts I've read indicate incoming freshman Kenyon Sadiq may be underrated even as a high four star and of course Nyckoles Harbor is still in the picture.  

Dillingham seemed to place a lot of emphasis on the tight end position, does Will Stein do the same?

On 1/17/2023 at 12:07 PM, DUCati855 said:

Thanks for the great info Darren.

Our Ducks schedule is manageable. But, not simple. As the article states playing both USC and Utah (from the former south division) is a tough task. Add that to the now formidable Beavers and Huskies increases competition levels and our Ducks have some true tests on the schedule. Opening the season against Coach Prime and the national media circus that comes with it may prove to be more difficult than anticipated. Lastly, traveling to Texas to play Shough and the Red Raiders adds another twist to a competitive 2023 calendar.

I'm excited to see what our 2023 roster can do with this season. I feel it will be a step forward. But, everyone on the schedule seems to have made steps forward as well. It's gonna be fun!

It is a solid slate for sure. The Ducks can do it, but will they?

On 1/17/2023 at 12:57 PM, McDuck said:

I'm wondering if Cam McCormick was encouraged to look elsewhere.  After seven years Oregon no longer had an obligation to provide a scholarship and a number of difficult decisions must be made to get the the magic 85 limit.  All accounts I've read indicate incoming freshman Kenyon Sadiq may be underrated even as a high four star and of course Nyckoles Harbor is still in the picture.  

Dillingham seemed to place a lot of emphasis on the tight end position, does Will Stein do the same?

Yeah, Ducks have some talent at TE and Cam might want to check out some place else. Kinda a working vacation down there. 

On 1/17/2023 at 2:04 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Yeah, Ducks have some talent at TE and Cam might want to check out some place else. Kinda a working vacation down there.

Maybe MC can help him with a NIL deal. There seems to be more money in Miami than brains.

• Thumbs Up 1

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Caleb Chapman, who had one catch for 15 yards and one tackle while appearing in nine games this season, announced he has entered the transfer portal.

I hope this hasn't been posted already.....I haven't encountered it yet.  Starting to get some answers to the scholarship allotment question.

• Thumbs Up 1