Tandaian

Duck and Pac 12 Football 2023 Schedule Released

GODUCKS.COM

The Ducks will play seven home games at Autzen Stadium in 2023, beginning with the season opener against Portland State on Sept. 2.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The season begins Aug. 26 with USC playing host to San Jose State, and concludes Dec. 1 or 2 in Las Vegas with the Pac-12 championship game

Chip should be fired if he doesn't get double digit wins.  His three toughest games are on the road but no Oregon or Washington.

UCLA BRUINS

Sept. 2: Coastal Carolina

Sept. 9: at San Diego State

Sept. 16: North Carolina Central 

Sept. 23: at Utah

Sept. 30: bye

Oct. 7: Washington State

Oct. 14: at Oregon State

Oct. 21: at Stanford

Oct. 28: Colorado

Nov. 4: at Arizona

Nov. 11: Arizona State

Nov. 18: at USC

Nov. 25: California

I like Oregon's first half schedule.  5 games + bye week, toughest opponent would be Texas Tech.  That will give the team some breathing room to get used to the new OC and figure out the defense.  Plus the bye week comes right before playing the Fuskies so that extra prep time will come in handy.

I thought we were only going to play 8 conference games instead of 9? We'll still have a disadvantage to SEC and ACC. What gives?

10 major takeaways from the full Pac-12 schedule release

To start, we looked at just the Ducks’ schedule, but there are some interesting things to

note for most teams in the Pac-12 when it comes to the 2023 games.

Here are the biggest takeaways from the entire Pac-12 schedule release on Wednesday.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The 2023 Pac-12 football schedule is now live. For the Ducks, it starts out relatively light but gets brutal down the stretch in...

On 1/18/2023 at 1:08 PM, Duck 1972 said:

I thought we were only going to play 8 conference games instead of 9? We'll still have a disadvantage to SEC and ACC. What gives?

This article below was posted in this forum yesterday with your answer near the end of the article.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Pac-12 ADs approve schedule.

Mr. FishDuck

I never read the Pac 12 was going to go to 8 conference games.  There was certainly discussion on the topic, but not firm plans.  3 out of 5 conferences play 9 conference games, I'd think the SEC and ACC would move to 9.  Surprisingly, Saban has been one who is in favor of going to 9.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ranking Oregon's 2023 football games from easiest to toughest

The Ducks are set to play seven home games and five road games this season with four

of those games away from Autzen Stadium taking place in conference play. 

The Pac-12 as a whole figures to be tougher this season than it has been in previous years

and that presents the Ducks with more than a few challenging games. 

Which games are the toughest?

247SPORTS.COM

Ranking Oregon's 2023 football games from easiest to toughest

Toughest, Easiest and Trap Game from Oregon's 2023 Schedule

Here is the toughest, easiest and biggest trap game for Oregon as we head into the Spring. For the sake

of the article, I’m simply going to only be mentioning Pac-12 matchups, not out of conference play.

WWW.ON3.COM

I take a quick look at the Oregon schedule and offer up my toughest, easiest and trap game picks for this season.

Canzano: Pac-12 ADs took high road with football schedule

The conference officially released the football schedule on Wednesday on the Pac-12 Networks. The Pac-12 did some fun things. The schedule showcases some prime assets. I can’t wait for Week 4, when Deion Sanders wakes up on game day in Eugene.

Or to see if Week 11 pans out the way I think it will. Or to catch the standalone Oregon-Oregon State rivalry game on Black Friday.

But I walked away thinking the 10 holdover ADs went easy on the Trojans and Bruins.

Petty, I know.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

View the full 2023 schedule here.

Seems like the conference has intentionally backloaded the top PAC-12 teams’ schedules. Probably in hopes of having highly rated teams playing one another to boost TV ratings and interest in the PAC. The losing team also shouldn’t fall too far at that point in the season. 

Don't underestimate the Texas Tech game. ESPN has them ranked No. 23 in their early rankings.

Just in case you're planning on going to the Texas Tech game...

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Preview Ducks 2023 Schedule

PAC-12.COM

Pac-12 Networks' Yogi Roth and Ashley Adamson react to the release of the 2023 Oregon football schedule. Follow Pac-12...

I did my own ranking prior to reading the article and found myself agreeing exactly with the four projected toughest games, for what that's worth.

On 1/18/2023 at 11:52 AM, McDuck said:

Chip should be fired if he doesn't get double digit wins.  His three toughest games are on the road but no Oregon or Washington.

UCLA BRUINS

Sept. 2: Coastal Carolina

Sept. 9: at San Diego State

Sept. 16: North Carolina Central 

Sept. 23: at Utah

Sept. 30: bye

Oct. 7: Washington State

Oct. 14: at Oregon State

Oct. 21: at Stanford

Oct. 28: Colorado

Nov. 4: at Arizona

Nov. 11: Arizona State

Nov. 18: at USC

Nov. 25: California

3-1 going into their bye at best, more likely 2-2 lol

On 1/18/2023 at 3:34 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Canzano: Pac-12 ADs took high road with football schedule

The conference officially released the football schedule on Wednesday on the Pac-12 Networks. The Pac-12 did some fun things. The schedule showcases some prime assets. I can’t wait for Week 4, when Deion Sanders wakes up on game day in Eugene.

Or to see if Week 11 pans out the way I think it will. Or to catch the standalone Oregon-Oregon State rivalry game on Black Friday.

But I walked away thinking the 10 holdover ADs went easy on the Trojans and Bruins.

Petty, I know.

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

View the full 2023 schedule here.

The ADs absolutely let USC and UCLA off the hook.  Chip Kelly gets to avoid Oregon and the Fuskies while the Condoms get two bye weeks (the second right before the Pac12 championship).  

As it currently stands, the Ducks don't have to play back to back top 4 Pac 12 teams.  Technically, they also don't have back to back road games, although they do play @Stanford on 9/30 and @UW on 10/14, without another game in between.

Oregon's schedule with their opponents the team they play before the Ducks.  Utah is @ USC, USC plays UW at home and OSU plays UW at home.  The Ducks do catch a break with the schedule.

PSU 1st week

Texas Tech plays at Wyoming they went 7-6 this season.  

Hawaii plays Stanford

Colorado plays Colorado State

Stanford plays Arizona

UW BYE

WSU plays Arizona

Utah plays @ USC

Cal plays USC

USC plays UW

ASU plays @ UCLA

OSU plays UW

OSU back to back

11/18 UW

11/24 @ Oregon

USC back to back

10/14 @ ND

10/21 Utah

11/4 UW

11/11 @ Oregon

11/18 UCLA

Utah back to back

9/2 Florida

9/9/ @ Baylor

9/23 UCLA

9/29 @ OSU

10/21 @ USC

10/28 Oregon

Washington

11/4 @ USC

11/11 Utah

11/18 @ OSU

11/25 WSU

• Great post! 1

Predicting the 25 most entertaining Pac-12 games in the 2023 season

To help emphasize this point, I went through the entire Pac-12 schedule for the 2023 season

and tried to pick out the games that I think are going to be the most entertaining to watch. To

help organize them, I broke the 25 games into five separate tiers and then ranked them accordingly.

These are the matchups that are going to get the biggest TV ratings on Saturday afternoons this fall,

and the ones that will put the full power of the Pac-12 on display.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The past half-decade or so has been tough for the Pac-12. While the start of the College Football Playoff era saw a strong showing...