Pennsylvania Duck

Men's Basketball: 1/28/23, Utah @ Ducks (Ducks WIN 68-56)

Oregon goes for season sweep and a boost in NCAA resume vs Utah

Going into Saturday, the Oregon Duck men's basketball program sits just outside the fringe of the NCAA Tournament bubble. Oregon has an NCAA NET ranking of 61 as of Friday, and Utah will present a chance for Oregon to claim another Quad 2 win, but the Ducks will need to be able to knock off one of the Pac-12's top squads.

"I'm sure they'll be fired up," said Oregon's head coach Dana Altman. "We beat them at their place. I am sure they'll be ready to go.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Ducks will try and claim the mountain schools' sweep and the Utah Utes' season sweep on Saturday night. In the...

Dana Altman gives update on N'Faly Dante's knee injury before Colorado game

The Ducks turn around and host the Utah Utes on Saturday night in another game that Oregon needs to win if they want to keep any at-large bids alive. Utah is near the top of the Pac-12 standings, so getting Dante back on the floor would be a massive bonus for the Ducks.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dana Altman gives update on N’Faly Dante’s knee injury before Colorado game

DUCKS AND UTES FACE OFF ON SATURDAY

Oregon is 29-10 all-time against Utah.
» The Ducks are 22-2 against Utah under Coach Altman.
» UO has won 10 in a row against Utah.

GODUCKS.COM

EUGENE, Ore. – Oregon men's basketball hosts Utah on Saturday at 5:00 p.m. PT.

UTAH GAMEDAY POSTER REVEALED

The artwork was designed by Davis Long and is available to download in the links on the right side of the page. The first 100 fans at tonight's game will receive a print-out of the poster.

Long, a senior Advertising major at the University of Oregon, will be honored during the first half and will be presented with a framed copy of his design. He had this to say about the poster design;

"My dad introduced me to the Grateful Dead at a young age. I was able to get out to a few shows as I got more into the band, I couldn't stop focusing on the visuals of the Dead. From posters to T-Shirts to album covers, I loved the different artistic elements that had become iconic over time. A poster on my wall is from the Dead & Co. show in 2018, and since I was a freshman, I always wanted to make my own Eugene-inspired Dead poster. This was the perfect opportunity for it, and I tried to take my favorite elements from concert posters I'd seen and put my own spin on them."

GODUCKS.COM

The artwork was designed by Davis Long and is available to download in the links on the right side of the page.

Click to see entire poster...

Oregon hosts Utah with a chance at the season sweep

Oregon (12-9, 6-4) hosts 2nd-place Utah (15-7, 8-3) Saturday night in a Pac-12 game that is important for both programs. The Utes are trying to win their way into the NCAA Tournament at-large field, while the Ducks are trying to get themselves back on the NCAA Tournament bubble.

A win for either team would likely accomplish their goals for this weekend.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon men's basketball program has won three of its last four games and goes into Saturday with a chance to inch closer to the...

Oregon men’s basketball dominates paint, limits Utah to season-low shooting to sweep season series

Oregon swept the season series with Utah thanks to its defense and play in the paint.

It was the first time Utah shot under 30% since Jan. 2, 2021 (27.9%) in a loss to USC, the lowest by an Oregon opponent since Montana shot 26.1% on Nov. 29, 2021 and worst by a Pac-12 team against UO since Stanfor shot 27.3% on Feb. 10, 2019.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Jermaine Couisnard scored 18 points and Will Richardson added 12 with seven assists for Oregon, which held Utah to 28.1%...

Oregon delivers good win with season sweep over Utah

The Oregon Duck men's basketball program started a stretch of five straight games against teams ahead of them in the Pac-12 Standings when they hosted the Utah Utes at home.

It's the start of a run in Oregon's schedule where the Ducks can make up ground and push their way into a Pac-12 Tournament bye while simultaneously putting themselves back into the NCAA Tournament discussion.

The first of five games went in Oregon's favor as the Ducks delivered one of its best performances of the season.

247SPORTS.COM

The Oregon Duck men's basketball program started a stretch of five straight games against teams ahead of them in the Pac-12 Standings when they hosted the Utah Utes at home.

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Ducks vs Utah Highlights

PAC-12.COM

Oregon men's basketball defeats Utah by a final score of 68-56 on Saturday, Jan. 28 in Eugene. Dana Altman earned his 150th career Pac-12 victory as head coach of the Ducks. Follow Pac-12 men’s basketball this season with the Pac-12 Now App. Download the Pac-12 Now App today and set alerts for Pac-12 men’s basketball to make sure you never miss a moment of the action. Pac-12 Now is available today in your app store for iOS, Android, and Apple TV.

MBB Recap: Ducks pick up 68-56 win, sweep season series over Utah

Fortunately for Duck fans who still have hopes of watching this team play in the NCAA Tournament, Oregon turned in yet another impressive victory, sweeping the season series over Utah, the No. 2 team in the Pac-12.

It was not an impressive night for Utah, however, who shot 28% from the floor and lost the rebounding battle 41-32 to Oregon.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Ducks dominated the paint and out-rebounded Utah by a large margin in a big win on Saturday night.

WATCH: Dana Altman loved the defensive effort in big win over Utah

Oregon head men's basketball coach Dana Atman spoke with the media following the team's 68-56 win over Utah Saturday night. The Ducks swept the Utes this season, and on Saturday, he praised the team's buy-in on defense and how it helped get Oregon the win.

WATCH: Jermaine Couisnard and Lok Wur talk win over Utah, gearing up for stretch run

Hear from Oregon senior guard Jermaine Couinsard and junior forward Lok Wur following the Ducks' 68-56 win over visiting Utah. The Ducks got a big sweep over the Utes this season and now head into a stretch run that can make or break their season.

Oregon again proves too much for Utah as Ducks build momentum

Oregon opened with what was likely its best first half of basketball at any point this season and shot 15-30 from the field and led the Utes at the break, 36-25.

Utah lost its top 3-point shooter Gabe Madsen just a couple of minutes into the game after he took a hard fall and appeared to injure his ankle or knee. That proved to be a major loss for the Utes throughout the game.

In the second half, they cut Oregon’s lead to 7 but were never able to string together enough makes on offense or the key stops that were needed to get back into this one. 

OREGON.RIVALS.COM

Oregon defeats Utah at home.

Ducks get much-needed conference win, 68-56, thanks to gritty defensive effort

Walking into Matthew Knight Arena, a dense feeling of nervous excitement could be felt throughout the stadium. 

The headline coming into Saturday’s game was the health of N’Faly Dante. He had previously sat out the last game against Colorado due to a left knee injury. 

“Dante made a class move in my office this morning,” head coach Dana Altman said. He recalled that Dante told him, “Coach, I’m going to play, but start the same five guys and I’ll come off the bench.” 

“He didn’t have to do that,” Altman said. “In this day and age, everybody wants to start.”

Click here to read the article from the Daily Emerald... 

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: N'Faly Dante chats it up with Bill Walton after Ducks' win

PAC-12.COM

Oregon student-athlete N'Faly Dante joins Pac-12 Networks' Bill Walton after the Ducks' win over Utah on Saturday, Jan. 28 in...

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Recap, per Bill Walton, Dana Altman in

"upper echelon of greatest coaches ever" in Pac-12 after 150 wins

PAC-12.COM

Pac-12 Networks' Bill Walton and Ted Robinson recap Oregon men's basketball win against Utah on Saturday, Jan. 28 in...