Pennsylvania Duck

Women's Basketball: 1/29/23 Ducks @ No. 3 Stanford (Ducks LOSE 54-62)

Opportunity knocks for Ducks at No. 3 Stanford on Sunday

Oregon's best wins to date this season have come over USC, Arkansas and Michigan State. All three currently sit from 31 to 40 in the NET rankings. However, the Ducks (14-6, 5-4) are 0-4 against teams inside the top 30. 

A win on Sunday over 3rd ranked Stanford would certainly qualify as marquee. The Cardinal are one of the true blue bloods the sport has. Fourth-ranked in the NET rankings, they've lost just twice this year and are on track to win a third straight Pac-12 title. 

247SPORTS.COM

Opportunity knocks for Ducks at No. 3 Stanford on Sunday

OREGON FINISHES JANUARY AT NO. 3 STANFORD SUNDAY

Sunday's contest will mark the only meeting in the regular season between Oregon and Stanford, while the Cardinal mark UO's sixth top-25 opponent of the season. Stanford has won the last four meetings and lead the all-time series, 59-14.

Stanford equals the highest ranked team that the Ducks will face, as Oregon also met then-No. 3 Ohio State at the San Diego Invitational just before Christmas. The Cardinal will be the sixth ranked team Ducks have faced this season, going 1-4 against ranked teams so far this season.

GODUCKS.COM

The Oregon women's basketball team finishes the month of January and its three-game road trip Sunday at No. 3 Stanford...

Ducks held to 25 percent shooting by suffocating Cardinal defense in loss

Stanford star center Cameron Brink recorded a triple-double, which included 10 rejections, to key what was a shutdown effort by the third-ranked Cardinal against the Ducks. 

Oregon made just 25 percent of its shots with its three leading scorers almost completely neutralized. Even with Endyia Rogers, Grace VanSlooten and Te-Hina Paopao combining to shoot 8-of-42 from the field, the Ducks battled to the final whistle falling 62-54 to Stanford at Maples Pavilion. 

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks held to 25 percent shooting by suffocating Cardinal defense in loss

No. 3 Stanford defeats Oregon 62-54: Women’s basketball live updates recaps

Oregon shot 25% and it was the difference in No. 3 Stanford’s 62-54 win Sunday at Maples Pavilion. Here is a live updates recap:

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Stanford shoots for a sweep of the Oregon schools and a solid hold on first place in the Pac-12

No. 3 Stanford rides Cameron Brinks triple double to a 62-54 win over Oregon

Cameron Brink owned the middle and the Oregon Ducks shot a season-low 25% from the

field as the No. 3 Stanford Cardinal rolled to a 62-54 win Sunday at Maples Pavilion.

Brink, who graduated from Mountainside High in Beaverton, recorded a triple double with

16 points, 11 rebounds and 10 blocked shots.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Ducks open the game by missing 31 of their first 35 shots on the way to a season-low 25% shooting performance

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Ducks vs Stanford Highlights

PAC-12.COM

No. 3 Stanford women's basketball defeats Oregon by a final score of 62-54 on Sunday, Jan. 29 on the Farm. Cameron Brink breaks Stanford's single-game block record with 10 to go along with 16 points and 11 rebounds for her first career triple-double. Follow Pac-12 women’s basketball this season with the Pac-12 Now App. Download the Pac-12 Now App today and set alerts for Pac-12 women’s basketball to make sure you never miss a moment of the action. Pac-12 Now is available today in your app store for iOS, Android, and Apple TV.

This team has been a big disappointment. I really miss Sabrina. Sabrina and Lamichael James have been the biggest impact players of all time but at least in Lamichael's case there wasn't a huge drop off when Barner took over but Sabrina's is like better than the whole starting lineup right now.

Oregon women’s basketball laments 20 of 80 shooting in loss to No. 3 Stanford: ‘This was a winnable game’

The explanation for a basketball loss isn’t supposed to be this simple.

But in the case of Oregon’s 62-54 women’s basketball loss to No. 3 Stanford,

it boiled down to one glaring statistic to Ducks’ coach Kelly Graves.

Shooting. Oregon was awful.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Ducks coach Kelly Graves felt his team played well in many aspects, but couldn't overcome the worst shooting performance...

Poor Shooting Dooms Ducks at Stanfor

"I told (the team) after the game that I'm really proud of them," said head coach Kelly Graves. "They out-rebounded Stanford, one of the best rebounding teams in the country. Twenty-three offensive rebounds, it shows we didn't quit and kept fighting.

"Three players – Grace (VanSlooten) had 11, Philli (Kyei) had 12 and Chance (Gray) had 12 – that's two freshmen and a sophomore. They came in here and they fought. But you can't come in here and shoot the way we did and expect to beat anybody, especially Stanford on the road."

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon tested No. 3 Stanford Sunday, but a season-low 25 percent shooting from the field doomed the Ducks in a 62-54 loss at...

I remember when Oregon was a 2nd seed and Graves sort of crap on them saying they hadn't won anything yet. Sabrina was carrying that team on her back so what has Graves done? He hasn't been close to the 2nd seed without Sabrina.

Graves doesn't seem like a coach that demands greatness from his players, I've never seen him get into a player for not doing their job or get into the team for not playing hard.  I'm not saying a coach has to be a yeller who is constantly screaming at his players, but at least get animated when the situation calls for it. 

When I see him on the bench I just don't see much passion or someone who is actively coaching, he's mostly just clapping his hands after an awful turnover or a bad shot.  It's not a good look in my eyes.  I would stress again I don't want to see a coach who is constantly screaming his head off, just not be so passive. 

I think he's a good recruiter, I'm sure he's a players coach, but I very rarely see him actually make good mid-game adjustments.  In the end, he's a good coach not a great coach.

Next year will be interesting, they're going to be replacing Rodgers, but a few of their young players could really make a big leap next year. 

Ducks remain outside AP top 25, take a slide in bracket projection

The weekend road split in the Bay Area kept the Ducks at .500 in Pac-12 play but did not enhance their standing in the national polls or in the latest bracket projection.

The Ducks (14-7, 5-5) remain unranked in the AP Poll a week after a road loss to Oregon State dropped them outside of the top 25 for the first time all season. The Ducks received just one vote this week. They'd received 10 last week.

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks remain outside AP top 25, take a slide in bracket projection

Kelly Graves on veteran guards: 'They've got to give us more'

Oregon played its worst offensive game of the season in Palo Alto on Sunday. The Ducks were held to a season-low in scoring (54) and shooting percentage (25.0 percent) by the Pac-12's top defense.

According to head coach Kelly Graves, some of those struggles stem from the poor play the team's veteran guards played. Graves highlighted the lack of firepower starters Endyia Rogers, Te-Hina Paopao and Taya Hanson offered in the loss. 

247SPORTS.COM

Kelly Graves on veteran guards: 'They've got to give us more'