Krsmqn

Stetson Bennet Arrested

Former Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett, who led the Bulldogs to their second straight CFP National Championship earlier this month, was arrested on a misdemeanor public intoxication charge in Dallas on Sunday morning.

In a statement to ESPN, a Dallas Police Department spokesperson said officers responded to a report of a man banging on doors in the 1600 block of Tribeca Way at 7:10 a.m. ET on Sunday.

WWW.ESPN.COM

Georgia quarterback Stetson Bennett was arrested on a misdemeanor public intoxication charge in Dallas on Sunday...

Edited by Krsmqn

I would like to offer the following piece of advice to guys on the eve of getting drafted into the NFL draft: 

It might be best for your future contract to not get drunk in public and go on a little rampage.

But that's just my $0.02

Had a friend that got shot at the front door of a residence that he mistook as a friend’s house. He was intoxicated and was banging on the wrong door trying to get into the house. Homeowner shot him through the door. 

He was one block from the correct house. 

Police did him a huge favor. 

• Wow 1

85022.jpeg.a1bf167a7f00f9e3248c17959dfd39c6.jpeg

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

Not a good move on Stetson's part, but am really glad he was on foot and not driving.

• Thumbs Up 1

For someone who was a marginal draft choice at best, not a good look.  May have just cost himself a shot at being drafted at all.  NFL teams will rationalize away something like this for someone with great talent (look at Antonio Brown, Ray Rice, Laremy Tunsil, Warren Sapp), but guys with average talent often kill their chances with stupid actions like this.  Most of what he had going for him was character and leadership, rather than physical abilities, and now that's all in question.

I'm guessing he just became a UFA.

As I continually tell my teenager, it takes years to build a reputation, and seconds to destroy it.  And yes, many younger people make foolish decisions...and some of them pay for those decisions the rest of their lives.

• Thumbs Up 1

I just hope this was a unique event, and he doesn't have a larger problem. The young man was in a pressure cooker leading Georgia to a National Title. The NFL is still possible, but he needs to take care of himself first.

His story is a good one. I hope it continues to be a good one going forward, no matter where it leads.

• Thumbs Up 2

He likely has a problem with alcohol and probably killed his NFL career. 

Public Intoxication.

The only charge worthy of a championship celebration in my humble opinion!!!! 😂 

In my opinion, Stetson has made some awful moves in the past 10 days. Spurning the Senior Bowl was the first. He needed to practice, play and have the opportunity to do interviews with NFL GMs and other NFL personnel to make a favorable impression anywhere he could. He would have been playing under the Chicago Bears OC, perhaps the coach running the offense that could have best used Stetson's attributes under center during the game.

For a guy who can succeed in such a system, or in Shanahan's in San Francisco, you've got to strut your stuff when opportunity knocks. And worst of all, rather than being somewhere where he could possibly make favorable impressions, he's out partying ,getting arrested, and doing the exact opposite.

Stetson had to win me over, and he did last (and this) year by repeatedly making huge plays in absolute crunch time. It was this ability to lead and to find a way to win that put him on the radar for an NFL shot. He's dug himself a hole IMO and will have to work his living butt off to have any reasonable shot of making an NFL roster now.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1