Haywarduck

Opinion: Who Are You Most Excited About In The 2023 Class?

Simple question for me, Pleasant and the speed he brings back to the program. I have wanted speed since DAT left, and Pleasant leads the way.

I would also say Pleasant has a higher football upside than Harbor. I think Pleasant is going to surprise us all with what he brings to the football field. The guy is, like DAT, a baller!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I’m most excited about DL his staff and their relentless pursuit of speed without sacrificing size. DL is a bulldog of a different sort, granted he made some in game mistakes last season, but I still believe with a healthy Nix we would have been in the playoffs. Making the playoffs with a Defense that bad would have been a shocker to say the least.

If DL is still around in 20223 (😁) I think he will bring the excitement back to the Ducks ... after oh so boring Mario ball.

Jurrion Dickey...

Mitch Stephens: Nation's No. 2 wide receiver Jurrion Dickey is heading to  Mater Dei - Scorebook Live

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

The whole Defensive side of the ball. A 5* D lineman recruit, a 5* D lineman transfer, a heralded 4* Defensive back, a heralded Defensive backer transfer.

Yeah...the Defense, this what I'm looking most forward to.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'm with Charles on this. Clearly, the Ducks have had some outstanding QBs, DBs, OLs and DLs over the years, who've gone on to be outstanding pros. There have even been some LBs who've been better as pros (arguably) than they were as college players for the Ducks. The last great Duck receiver to go on to a solid pro career?  Hmmmmm...  

I'm hoping Dickey can be a real breakout star for the Ducks. I love Franklin's potential--in addition to the skillset he's already shown us--but the kid hasn't put on much weight in two years. I'm afraid he's gonna be too light to make a difference at the next level. Dickey, though, is already at 210 on his 6'3" frame. He COULD be that guy. 

Top 5 in order, including the transfers:

1. Burch 

2. Cornelius

3. Dickey

4. Pleasant

5. T. Johnson

• Thumbs Up 1

Dowdell 

• Thumbs Up 1

The defensive line is what I'm watching for next season.  

I am interested in how Will Stein builds and executes the offensive playbook. How well does he and Nix manage what should be an explosive offense.

How well will Stein scheme pregame and adjust to expose the opposition for 4 quarters? 

Nix is going to take an even bigger role calling plays from LOS. If Nix and Stein are on the same page early this could be a top 5 offense. A ton of weapons and a very capable front.

Can the D crack top 40ish in the country? If they can, Ducks are competitive against anyone in the cfp.

"The last great Duck receiver to go on to a solid pro career?"

JJ Burden ? 1990-1996? 7 seasons.

93 games. 62 games started.

244 catches for 3,341 yards and 17 TDs for Kansas City and Atlanta? Best year: (1993) 51 catches for 721 yards (14.1) and 2 TDs.

Patrick Johnson?

70 games. 23 games started. 7 seasons.

84 catches for 1,286 yards and 10 TDs for Baltimore, JAX, and Washington? Best year (1999) 29 catches for 526 yards (18.1) and 3 TDs?

It's been a pretty long 40 years since Ahmad Rashad. Has to be the least productive spot coming out of Oregon for several decades. With guys like Franklin and Dickey? I think the "law of averages" might finally be coming around.

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dickey because I think he’s a Week-1 starter. I’m also the most nervous about him because I feel like he could be gone in an instant.