Pennsylvania Duck

Women's Basketball: 2/5/23 No. 7 Utah @ Ducks (Ducks LOSE 92-100)

Due to current skid, Ducks entering must-win mode down stretch

For the first time since Sabrina Ionescu's first season at Oregon, the Ducks find themselves below .500 in Pac-12 play. 

As head coach Kelly Graves has said many times this season, the Ducks are no longer the hunted, they're the hunters, and at the moment what this group is hunting most is something to build back up their waning confidence.

Now one game below .500 with seven to play, the Ducks have four games remaining with teams currently ranked inside the top 30 of the NET rankings, starting with Sunday's game with seventh-ranked Utah.

247SPORTS.COM

Due to current skid, Ducks entering must-win mode down stretch

DUCKS FACE SEVENTH-RANKED UTES SUNDAY

The Ducks have won 13 of the last 14 matchups with the Utes, including eight straight in Eugene, while leading the all-time series 24-10. Utah will be UO's seventh game against a top-25 team this season.

Utah enters Sunday with its highest ranking of the season at No. 7 in the latest Associated Press poll. The Utes, who began the season 14-0, come to Eugene on a four-game winning streak after their 75-73 overtime victory at Oregon State Friday night.

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon concludes its home weekend Sunday, hosting No. 7 Utah at 2 p.m. at Matthew Knight Arena with television coverage on...

Ducks can't keep up with firing-on-all-cylinder Utes

The visiting Utah Utes missed just seven shots in the middle two quarters on Sunday of what became an

offensive masterclass on par with some of the heights of the Sabrina Ionescu era in Eugene. 

Seventh-ranked Utah proved too much, becoming the first squad to score 100 points on a Kelly Graves coached

Oregon team and posting the best opposing field goal percentage (62.3 percent) of the Graves era too.

The Ducks fought for all four quarters, and led several times in the second half, before falling 100-92 for their fifth loss in six games.

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks can't keep up with firing-on-all-cylinder Utes

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Ducks vs Utah Highlights

PROD.PAC-12.COM

No. 7 Utah women's basketball beat Oregon 100-92 in Eugene. The contest was the highest scoring game of the 2022-23 slate to...

High-Scoring Shootout Goes To Utes

Oregon had one of its best offensive performances of the season in Pac-12 play but lost 100-92 to Utah on Sunday.

One of the five most efficient offensive teams in the country entering Sunday, the Utes were all of that against the Ducks, shooting 62.3 percent overall and 52 percent from three-point range. They had 50 points in the paint, 39 on three-pointers and 29 assists on 38 field goals.

Kelly Graves: "Pili's the best player in the conference. I told her after the game I think she's the best player, and if I had a vote today she gets my MVP vote. She is what sets them apart.

GODUCKS.COM

Oregon had one of its best offensive performances of the season in Pac-12 play but lost 100-92 to Utah on Sunday.

WATCH Kelly Graves | Postgame vs. Utah

Head Coach Kelly Graves meets with the media after Oregon comes up short to No. 7 Utah on Sunday.

Neither the Men's nor Women's team has a leader and it shows.

WATCH Pac-12 Networks: Game Recap Ducks vs Utah

PAC-12.COM

Pac-12 Networks' Jennifer Mountain and Ann Schatz recap the offensive battle between Alissa Pili, No. 7 Utah and Endiya...

I knew that Covid Canceled year would be the last chance Oregon had at a national championship or ever reaching the final four. Every year that Sabrina has been gone the team has gotten worse. It's not much of a rebuild when you get worse every year. Sooner or later there will be more fans at the Volleyball games than the basketball games.

Yeah, the women have had 7 of their players there for all 23 games.  6 of them have the most minutes played, so we can't use the injury bug for this season.  However, having Sedona Prince go down before the season hurt their depth.  Hoping they build chemistry this season for next season.

This Duck team has dug themselves a hole, can they pull themselves out?

Monday brought a new Associated Press poll, and for the first time in six years, the Ducks failed to receive a single vote. 

That's the result of stacking losses.

The Ducks entered the New Year as a candidate to host opening rounds of the NCAA Tournament. Barring a perfect conclusion to the regular season and Pac-12 Tournament win, that's off the table. 

247SPORTS.COM

This Duck team has dug themselves a hole, can they pull themselves out?

Sadly, I don't think they can dig themselves out of the hole they dug themselves and that includes have a decent year next year. Graves milked Sabrina for all she was worth, and he seemed pretty ungrateful for the greatness that she brought to his teams. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Graves told Sabrina's team when she was a sophomore that they hadn't done anything yet even though that was a historic year for Oregon. I remember cringing at his statement because I knew he didn't realize how good of a team he had. However, it is him that has truly done nothing yet because he can't get in the top 10 without Sabrina let alone top 5 which was the team, "that did nothing, yet."

• Yikes! 1