NJDuck

Oregon Ducks OL Wish List: 10 Candidates to Replace Adrian Klemm in Eugene

"News came out on Monday morning that the Oregon Ducks were losing offensive line coach Adrian Klemm, who was heading to the NFL and accepting a job with the New

England Patriots. It is undoubtedly a great move for Klemm, and the right step in his career, but it also leaves Dan Lanning and the Ducks in a tough spot when it comes to filling out that spot on the coaching staff in an expedient fashion that has the team ready to roll when spring football comes around in a month.

Fortunately for Oregon, this coaching move comes after the recruiting cycle has closed, and well before the next transfer portal window opens. Once the Ducks do make a hire, they will have 15 practices to get everyone on the same page in the offensive trenches and head into the season hoping to boast one of the top lines in the nation once again."

Of course this is the beginning of buzz surrounding list of candidates.  I am sure more to come.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Where do the Ducks turn to replace Adrian Klemm? We’ve got a list of 10 candidates with notable Oregon connections that might make sense.

There are some interesting names on that list but one thing I've come to expect from DL coaching hires is that the media rarely spot's who he's interested in let alone hires.  

• Thumbs Up 2

Looking for names with Oregon ties I'm surprised this guy isn't on the list.  Well respected Oregon alum who worked with Chip Kelly and Steve Greatwood.  Job duties for grad assistants and analysts aren't well defined so tough to know if he has enough actual hands on coaching experience.

WISPORTSHEROICS.COM

Ramsen Golpashin was hired in 2022 with the Packers being his first NFL job. So who is Ramsen Golpashin? Let's take a closer look and learn more about the

• Go Ducks! 1

some interesting names out there especially in the article from Duckswire.  Will be interesting to see where Dan goes with this.

I just listened to a Locked On Ducks Podcast and I have to agree with the commentator. He mentioned how Lanning has mentioned in the past about his "Rolodex of Potentials." I suspect the replacement is on his Rolodex and probably not in the articles. How many had Will Stein or Chris Hampton on their lists? 

The podcast brought up another good point. Other programs go to relevant programs to look for replacements, it means your program is doing well and replacements will want to come to Oregon. That is a lot better than the other way, where no one wants to elevate your coaches.

• Thumbs Up 1

In a few days we'll all be saying, "Oh my where did he come from?" Then we'll be saying, "Wow, what a great hire!"

Just seems to be how Lanning rolls.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ex duck Ryan Clanton 

Who Could Oregon Pursue as Their Next Offensive Line Coach?

After Adrian Klemm accepted a job with the New England Patriots, Lanning now needs to find a new coach to lead his offensive line. We know that Lanning isn't a coach that will rush hires. 

He'll do his homework, vet prospective candidates and bring them in for interviews. With that process surely underway, we're taking a look at some possible names that Oregon could pursue to become the next offensive line coach.

Read this Max Torres article here on Ducks Digest.

2022 top payed offensive line coaches

• 1. Larry Johnson, Ohio State -- $1.13 million+
  • 2. Bo Davis, Texas -- $900,000
  • 3. Elijah Robinson, Texas A&M -- $867,000+
  • 4. Jamar Cain, LSU -- $800,000+
  • 5. Brian Williams, Maryland -- $775,000*
  • 6. Tray Scott, Georgia -- $760,000
  • 7. Nick Eason, Clemson -- $750,000+
  • 8. Freddie Roach, Alabama -- $720,000

• Thanks 1

More potential candidates :

• * Andy Kwon, Arkansas State, Offensive Line Coach
    * Justin Frye Ohio State offensive line coach
    * Cody Kennedy Arkansas offensive line coach
    * Sherrone Moore Michigan co-OC/offensive line coach
    * Darnell Stapleton Florida co-offensive line coach
    * Jim Harding, Utah
    * Stacy Searels, Georgia
    * Alex Atkins, Florida State
    * Conor Riley Kansas State University,  
    * Scott Huff University of Washington,
    * Steed Lobotzke Air Force
    * Bart Miller Illinois
    * Glen ElarbeeTennessee

Edited by TNDuck
spelling

I won't pretend to have any names on a list or anything... but I wouldn't be surprised if Lanning goes for an NFL guy. Klemm was in the NFL at the time when Lanning hired him, sure Klemm has a record of college football coaching and recruiting. I could see Lanning going to the NFL and finding someone who can coach linemen at a high level and leverage that into recruiting if needed. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Adrian Klemm's Replacement Will Have Big Shoes to Fill at Oregon

Dominant offensive line play has become the standard in Eugene. 

Whoever gets the job will have some big shoes to fill and need to meet a certain criteria. 

Strong offensive line play at Oregon has been fairly constant, dating back to Steve Greatwood, one of the longest-tenured coaches in program history. The group only improved when Willie Taggart hired Alabama's Mario Cristobal, a former national Recruiter of the year who took the group to new heights.

Offensive line has been a strength, not a liability in Eugene, and Dan Lanning is tasked with finding someone who makes sure it stays that way for years to come.

Read the article here on Ducks Digest.

I agree with David Marsh. At this late date, most college coaches are inked, so go get another Klemm--NFL coach who has just lost his position.