Charles Fischer

Rose Bowl Sunset: Cool to You?

To me....this is one of the those little things that made the last Rose Bowl so cool.  Not something we talked much about at the time--but a fun memory.  Or is that just me?

image.png.3ec204c246eec11e629011e8b0850775.png

• Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

The Rose Bowl is a great venue. Tailgate on the golf course, and then watch the game in SoCal weather. Tough not to like that set-up. 

The best game I watched was arguably Wisconsin, with Russel Wilson at QB. Who can forget DAT?  The impact he had on the game with just a few touches of the football, and Chip Kelly jumping up and down on the sidelines when the fumbled football barely stayed in bounds for the Ducks to recover and seal the 45 to 38 victory.

Edited by Drake
  • Like 1

That game was great. Though we had to re-start our hearts a few times.

We were on the 50 yard line. Seven rows back. Couldn't have asked for better seats.

My favorite moment was when Wisconsin fumbled the punt and Oregon scored. The game wasn't over, but I just knew they were going to win.

With the current talk of relocating our game with Ohio State to a neutral site since we lost the game at Autzen, I was thinking this could make a great "neutral" site!

Imagine... 5pm start so we are prime time on the east coast, stands packed with the Oregon faithful, sun fading from view as we are on our way to winning our 2nd game of 2021!

Could it happen?  😀

I don't know which Rose Bowl I enjoyed more: Wisconsin or Florida State. They were both fun to watch but there were more trash talkers from Wisconsin that couldn't believed they lost. The whole stadium knew who was going to win the Florida State game! I enjoyed giving the trash talker from Texas A&M the business about Winston as a QB though.

As a side note, I didn't go to the last Rose Bowl because I hedged my bets for the guaranteed game against Utah. My friends sent plenty of pictures of me at the Pac-12 Championship game they captured off their TVs at home.