30Duck

Ducks Baffle The Wildcats: 80-69

Matt Muelbach is 1 for 1 after the Ducks took the first game of 3 they need to win to be back to back Pac-12 champs. The Ducks haven't lost to Arizona since 2018, and most recently the games have gone down to the last seconds, including OT, But even with a 7 minute drought in the first half without a basket, the Ducks led, 37-33 at halftime.

Duarte finished with 22, Omoruyi had 21. Oregon shot 54.5% on 3's, 45.5% overall, outrebounded Arizona, 37-29, and a season low 7 turnovers. 

On 2/13/2021 at 1:29 PM, ICamel said:

Does Dana Altman own Sean Miller?

12 wins vs 6 losses

6 wins vs 1 loss in Eugene

5 wins vs 3 losses in Tucson

1 win vs 2 losses in the conference tournament

Dana's men have won 10 of the last 12 games with Arizona.

PWNED!

Game Recap from goducks.com. 

And how nice to have play-by-play analysis that was quite informative and entertaining; where the viewer was the center of attention and being served, and not a sportscaster.  It should always be that way....please!

Mr. FishDuck

Yep, this is the first game in a long time on that network that I nor my family had to turn OFF the play by play (if one can call it that).  Does ESPN think the man is entertaining?? 

On top of the decent game analysis and reporting...what a great game for the Ducks.  Altman is truly getting the boys to make the easy plays.  Only 7 turnovers...that's the path to winning.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

...please!

...to quote the one who shall remain nameless... LOL!!  😀

After the USC game I was almost desperate but our DUCKS have improved each game since then. Played well last night.

Geeesh.....am I the only one who enjoys Bill Walton?

58 minutes ago, olcodgerduck said:

...to quote the one who shall remain nameless... LOL!!  😀

I did not know if anyone would pick up on that!  🤙

Mr. FishDuck

3 hours ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

You are not alone!!! I miss him every time he doesn't call a game !

See the source image

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

After the USC game I was almost desperate but our DUCKS have improved each game since then. Played well last night.

I've met Bill, and his sons (admittedly when they were young)...and his father...the nicest gaggle of arrogance you'll ever meet.  🤪

3 hours ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I enjoy him.  Although, there are times when I wish he talked about the game at hand more.

4 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

I did not know if anyone would pick up on that!  🤙

And, he always says it in the most sarcastic way possible...

I do sometimes enjoy listening to his hyperbolic gushing when he is going on and on about how Oregon is owning the conference of champions, and also enjoy his "Eugene from Eugene " nickname for Omoruyi, but a lot of times I just have to tune him out. 

Oh, yeah, I also enjoy knowing that Duarte is going to continue to be right handed for the rest of the game... LOL!!

Anyways, Go Ducks!!

20 hours ago, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Nope, I am a huge fan of Walton for reason's I have expanded upon on here previously. Mainly I feel like he is a local. While he was not born in Oregon I think he relates with the culture more than any other sportscaster I have ever heard.

He does go over the top once in a while.....okay maybe quite a bit lately.....but it's part of the banter him and his colleague have going. I must say he has gotten a bit more out there this season. I wonder if ESPN has asked him to go more gonzo, or if he just enjoys it so he does it on his own accord.

1 hour ago, C J said:

I must say he has gotten a bit more out there this season.

Part of that could be because Bill and his partner aren't at the games, but calling it from separate remote locations, untethering Bill even more!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1