30Duck

Oregon and USC Again In 2021?

This article from si.com thinks it will be the Ducks and Trojans playing for the chips in Las Vegas. 

Oregon, USC Have Easiest Paths to 2021 Pac-12 Football Title Game

"Oregon does not play either of the top teams in the Pac-12 South -- USC and Arizona State -- while USC does not play either of the top two teams in the North -- Oregon and Washington. That's probably all you need to know, and will no doubt spawn some conspiracy theories."   

Oh yeah....don't let the Huskies see that!

2021 Pac-12 schedule

Mr. FishDuck

2 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

I would rather play Arizona State, especially at home in November like Washington is, than Utah in SLC in November. I’m far from sold on Herm’s team. Utah and Kyle Whittingham are a more consistent team. I would consider UCLA as much of a threat to USC as either of those as well. Chip looked like he got it figured it out, it’s too bad for him they skipped recruiting for a while. Colorado surprised last season, most likely and aberration during the Covid year, but we’ll see. USC is like Oregon in the sense that anything from 12-0 to 8-4 is reasonable. I doubt that potato Clay Helton can go 12-0 and even 10-2 is ambitious. It is upsetting that they got to skip coming to Eugene, and haven’t been there since 2015 while Oregon has played them in LA three times. 

• Like 1

I wonder what uw will do to make sure they aren't in the hunt this year. Two years ago they laid down in the end zone. Last year they didn't show up to play the game. What will the dawgs think of this year to make sure they lose? I know, it is fun to pick on the dawgs.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Haywarduck said:

I know, it is fun to pick on the dawgs.

It's actually a responsibility, and taken very seriously, here at OBD. Youngsters may read posts here at anytime and we can't afford any pause, not paws, in pointing out how ridiculous all things Husky are. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be honest I'm not sold on USC... Though they have one of the most favorable schedules in the pac-12 south. 

They get Oregon State and Washington State... Both teams can be a handful and potentially dangerous. However, neither have the caliber of talent that Oregon or Washington have and don't pose the same risk. 

I think Utah or ASU may have the better teams as they attack using more balanced attacks. USC and their air raid will make them tough but beatable with agressive defenses. 

Last year it took a miracle last minute for USC to beat ASU and then they played Utah who were sidelined for 3 weeks and put them away fairly easily. 

We will just have to wait and find out. 

3 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

I already UW fans on twitter complaining that they have to play Oregon at home after back2back away games. Honestly they will complain about anything...

As for the schedule I don't think it is to bad although I really could care less about all the friday games.  WSU has two back2back friday night games in late november. I feel bad for any fan that has to been in pullman at 7:00 at night in november... These games should be saturday afternoon...

Utah ended up with three friday games, and While I know some oregon fans like watching the oregon-osu conflict on friday after thanksgiving those friday games make it tough when people have family intown.

In general I think the pack is probably one of the worst at scheduling games but outside of tOSU I think oregon has a very favorable schedule. we have the our bye to prepare for cal, the cal game is a friday giving us an extra night before UCLA. We get an easy COL before going up to UW. Lastly we are the only team in conference without back2back away games. 

I'm just interested in if OSU can improve by the civil conflict and what WSU does throughout the season and if their players can stop getting suspended. 

I think the Duck v Beav game could be the "HoozyerDaddy Bowl", or something inoffensive like "Thump Yer Budder Cup", most years.

1 hour ago, David Marsh said:

I'll be honest I'm not sold on USC..

I am in agreement on USC. I know that "Scoreboard" talks, and the Trojans did end up with more points in their games against AZ, ASU & UCLA, but it took a lot of fortuitous bouncing of balls to end up that way. Since Helton's been there, USC seems to win in spite of their head coach. Rather than creating a culture, imposing on the Coordinators, Helton appears to be an insignificant figurehead. 

I agree that anything from 12-0 to 8-4 is possible for this 2021 season. 

And it's hard to know how much of last year to be considered as info for this year. It's hard to dismiss those games against Cal and OSU.

I also can't stop thinking about how bad the bowl game was...!

I project Chip and UCLA to beat USC. They get their QB back and I think that team is finally figuring it all out. USC got too many lucky bounces.

I see the north being wide open, and UCLA and ASU in the south.

Now, if our offense gets going...

Ducks win! Ducks win!

11 minutes ago, DanLduck said:

I project Chip and UCLA to beat USC.

I do too, and as it plays out, UCLA to win the South. 

I am a USC fan.......our football programs stinks right now. The OL is horrible at pass or run, tackles are horrible.....grade D. The QB is barely a C even when healthy and will be running for his life with not much sitting on the bench except inexperience.  The running backs are B. The defensive line is a B- only graded B- due to a transfer that if he does not blossom could make this grade lower.  The LB's are a C. The defensive backs are a B. Everything else you hear is talk by folks that are pumping ratings or have connections to the program. 

Coaching is horrible. Helton is a moron. The OC a kid from a no account Texas program that runs a stupid offense. 

The only thing holding us up is a schedule that must have been created in Heritage Hall by Mrs. Helton.  AZ ST has better talent and will be playing at home against us with better coaching. Utah has equal talent and is better coached with a bye before the USC game.  Stanford has equal talent and is better coached. UCLA has equal talent and is better coached. 

We will not get to the PAC 12 game even with us hiding from Oregon and Washington.  Notre Dame is an automatic loss with the game at their place.  I expect a minimum of 4 losses. Could be 5-7. 

I understand this may sound harsh because folks always think of USC as the big dog......well.....even a big dog catches fleas sometimes. 

5 minutes ago, fred flintstone said:

I understand this may sound harsh because folks always think of USC as the big dog

Not harsh at all, because of what you say about the admiration bestowed upon USC pretty much out of habit. 

55 minutes ago, fred flintstone said:

Everything else you hear is talk by folks that are pumping ratings or have connections to the program. 

Well the recruiting rankings over the last four years would still have USC with more talent than anyone except Oregon...and saying that Utah has more talent?  Whew!

But we appreciate all fans commenting here, and I do want to write an article about the offense that USC is running.  (Well, operating, but not running!)

Mr. FishDuck

7 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

Well the recruiting rankings over the last four years would still have USC with more talent than anyone except Oregon...and saying that Utah has more talent?  Whew!

But we appreciate all fans commenting here, and I do want to write an article about the offense that USC is running.  (Well, operating, but not running!)

LOL..... I stated Utah was equal......look position by position and include the kids that have left or transferred in. Include experience as a weight and you might be surprised which team you would want to have......especially ar LB, OL, DL, QB and Safety. 

USC had a good year in 21 recruiting except in areas of need. 20 was a very poor year. 19 and 18.....a lot of those guys either did not turn out, transferred or left early for the league.