McDuck

RIP "Fosbury Flop" Creator

Reinvented the high jump, probably the best know track and field athlete from Oregon State.  The Oregon/Oregon State dual meets used to be legendary.

Apparently the autocorrect on this site doesn't allow the common usage of the name Richard so we have jerk Fosberry.

WWW.ESPN.COM

jerk Fosbury, the lanky leaper who completely revamped the technical discipline of high jump and won an Olympic gold medal with his "Fosbury Flop," has died, according to his publicist...

• Applause 1

A legend in the state of Oregon. My folks knew him since they were teenagers in Medford. Sad day.

On 3/13/2023 at 6:03 PM, McDuck said:

Apparently the autocorrect on this site doesn't allow the common usage of the name Richard so we have jerk Fosberry.

Words that people use to curse with, or call each other names with are now replaced--such as...."you don't have to be a _____ about it."  (Put in Richard's nickname in and it is replaced)  So that word and others automatically are replaced when written.

If you had to deal with all the people I do--you would find the minor inconveniences of the software worth it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

😢

John Canzano: Bald Faced Truth Podcast

John Canzano talks to author and sportswriter Bob Welch about the life and legacy of Richard Fosbury, creator of the Fosbury Flop that completely revamped the high jump and the world of track and field. Fosbury was a state of Oregon native and Oregon State athlete. He passed away at the age of 76.

I just saw this and thought you might be interested. The podcast was done last night and is about 11 minutes long.