FishDuck Article

Oregon Ducks Football: Christian Gonzalez Must Go Top-10 in the NFL Draft

Christian Gonzalez made a career-defining decision to join the Oregon Ducks football program. Fortunately for him, that choice was the right one. After just one season under Dan Lanning, Gonzalez went from a lesser-known, potentially late-round guy in the NFL to a bonified starter that’s almost a guaranteed first-rounder. Now, our Ducks look ahead to the draft where Gonzalez aims to become ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Christian Gonzalez made a career-defining decision to join the Oregon Ducks football program. Fortunately for him, that choice was...
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

What Gonzo means to the program is a further confirmation speed is back in fashion at Oregon. Our two young Lanning LB's have speed, our newest DB is the fastest guy on the team. What Gonzo proved is speed can come to Oregon once again, and become elite football talent.

I think what we will see going forward is the new Hayward is going to add fuel to this new focus on speed. 

You also raise a great point that he transferred into the program as under appreciated 4* and came out a top draft pick talent. Who is going to be the next Gonzo? Or should I say Gonzo's, as there is plenty of potential talent coming in, it is just about what they are willing to put in at their next stop.

Great analysis, and projections Alex, well done, once again!

• Thumbs Up 2

Fun article and great information Alex.  I know some Eagle fans in this forum that would love your conclusions!

Gonzalez First Pick_Harry Caston.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Enjoyed reading your article, Alex. It would certainly be great if Gonzalez was available for the Eagles at the 10th pick. Eagles defense was good last year and he would fit in nicely. Due to salary cap issues, the team is expected to lose one of their starting DBs. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

My guess is his floor is #16 with the Commanders and his ceiling is #3 with the Cardinals.  If I was a betting man though, I'd say #5 with the Seahawks or #6 with the Lions.

Here's my dartboard:

1 - Young, Panthers

2 - Stroud, Texans

3 - Andersen, Cardinals

4 - Wilson, Colts

5 - Gonzales, Seahawks (Carter drama related, Carter should be #1)

Edited by Duck Fan 76

I remember seeing Gonzalez on that fateful day in Atlanta last year.  He looked lost at times, especially a couple of times on Blitzes.  Amazing way to turn it around.