Jon Joseph

CBS Sports Dennis Dodd at it Again

Instead of posting ASU President Michael Crow's solid commitment to the Pac-10 Dodd used leading questions directed to the Arizona President to stir up more stuff about the Pac-10 breaking apart. Endeavor consulting, working with the B12 has Dennis Dodd in its pocket. 

The Arizona President said that Arizona is 95% committed to the Pac-10 and there would be no sense in moving if the B12 media deal is a few million more than the Pac-10 deal. Dodd spins this into both CU and Arizona possibly leaving for the B12. Larry must have done something to tick off Dodd.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

In an extensive conversation, Robert Robbins explains the state of the Pac-12 may not be what it seems

Dennis Dodd is a tool; a tool for the B12.

• Applause 1

Sounds like Dodd is either paid off or desperate for clicks.

• Applause 1

So Dodd appears to be citing his own writing as the 'source', i.e., "CBS Sports has reported"?

That sort of lazy writing is new age internet at it's finest.

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Its all about the clicks.

• Thumbs Up 1

Clearly Robbins is trying to create his own "cult of personality" and make Arizona a bigger player than they actually are. 

He talks a lot for someone who has not been here before...

giphy.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/16/2023 at 2:03 PM, woundedknees said:

So Dodd appears to be citing his own writing as the 'source', i.e., "CBS Sports has reported"?

That sort of lazy writing is new age internet at it's finest.

Maybe Dodd didn't like being called out by the Utah AD on the validity of his article. 🤨

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If people stop clicking on his junk, he might stop writing it.  I don't even bother clicking on any of his articles anymore.

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Dennis Dodd has been a hack of the first order for as long as I can remember.  His articles lack any real depth or insight,  On the rare occasion when he is right, it’s because he stumbled onto something obvious to anyone.  

Other than that, he’s right on the money. 

On 3/16/2023 at 11:24 PM, TexasDuck said:

Dennis Dodd has been a hack of the first order for as long as I can remember.  His articles lack any real depth or insight,  On the rare occasion when he is right, it’s because he stumbled onto something obvious to anyone.  

Other than that, he’s right on the money. 

Love it. And when right he usually authors an obscure insight into the obvious. He has no reason to kiss the SEC's posterior any longer so why not go after the Pac-10? 

He is single handily making the MIZZOU School of Journalism resemble Journalism 101 at a JC.

I do not believe the dingbat president at U of A  should not be let off the hook. Why give Dodd an interview to begin with?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 3/16/2023 at 10:28 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Endeavor consulting, working with the B12 has Dennis Dodd in its pocket. 

The upcoming PAC-12 meeting is the most likely point to expect the details of the media deal to be announced.  All indications are that it's going to be a business as usual, nothing to see here deal that keeps the PAC together.  Likely ESPN for the tier 1 games and Amazon for the streaming tier 2 games.  There's also likely to be an announcement on any potential team expansion.  

When that drops Dodd is going to look like an idiot and there are going to be some pretty upset fans that bought into the conspiracy theories.

Here is my source and no, I'm not John Canzano...

WWW.750THEGAME.COM

If you’re a fan of a Pac-12 school, circle next Tuesday, March 21st, on your calendar. That...

Edited by Duck Fan 76
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

😂 John Canzano:

“I don’t see the ’12-anons’ – the Q-anon Big 12 people – I don’t see the ’12-anons’ walking away from this feeling very good.”

• Haha 1

At least Canzano says, "this is what think," rather than quoting himself as if he has some anonymous source.

Wow. A reasonably  plausible opinion.