• Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 4

Perfect!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Mr. FishDuck

Congrats Marcus!

Brilliant move by the Eagles. It will also be nice to see Marcus in green again.

Edited by Haywarduck
change autocorrect
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

YES!  Love it for all of us East Coast Ducks whose favorite team is the Eagles.  Congrats Marcus!

• Thumbs Up 2

Great news! It will be the best offensive line he has ever played for with ownership that wants to win. Mariota will do great in this system. I guess that means the end of former Wazzu QB Gardner Minschew. I didn't think he did that well when Hurts was injured last season.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Funny that Chip left Oregon and the opportunity to take MM and the Ducks to the NC game to take the job with the Eagles. I remember at the time some comment that if the Eagles could draft high enough that they would have taken Marcus. Woulda, coulda, but almost ten years later it comes about...

This is a great landing spot for MM. The offense is already geared to a QB that can run and he will add much to the locker room and team culture.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

What a terrific opportunity for Marcus!  Seems like a great fit, and wow . . . he gets a shot at playing for a true contender.  Hopefully he can regain some mojo and confidence . . . he is a guy who deserves a good turn.  Go Ducks and go Eagles . . . let's do this, birds!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

It's a 1 year contract but it Keeps Marcus in pads which is awesome.  I'm excited to see the reality show that he's in as we know he's a super class act.  One thing is for sure, Atlanta did a 180 on Marcus super fast and blamed him for everything short of Sherman burning the city to the ground.

Marcus as a backup in a system with an actual offensive line... it should be good!

• Thumbs Up 1

Good system, good cast, and MM should now have developed the thick skin from his previous NFL stops to deal with Philly fans. Carpe diem Marcus!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 3/17/2023 at 2:38 PM, Washington Waddler said:

Good system, good cast, and MM should now have developed the thick skin from his previous NFL stops to deal with Philly fans. Carpe diem Marcus!

Yeah, Marcus is a great fit to fill in if Hurts goes out with an injury. They won't have to change the offense, a lot of the same abilities. Even if not starting, this is a good opportunity for Marcus.

Here is article from today's Philadelphia Inquirer regarding Mariota...

Eagles agree to terms with former Falcons quarterback Marcus Mariota

While Mariota has struggled to stick as the main guy throughout his pro career, he provides the Eagles with a more serviceable backup to Hurts.

When Hurts suffered an injury to his throwing shoulder this past December, the Eagles lost consecutive games with Gardner Minshew as his reserve.

The run-pass-option has proven to be a dynamic factor to Philadelphia’s offense, but that element of the playbook drastically disappeared with Hurts out of the lineup. With Mariota as QB2, the Eagles won’t need to omit many — if any — of those designed quarterback rushes.

WWW.INQUIRER.COM

The former Heisman Trophy winner has struggled in his NFL tenure, but might be an ideal fit for the backup role to Jalen Hurts...

On 3/17/2023 at 9:01 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

I remember at the time some comment that if the Eagles could draft high enough that they would have taken Marcus.

I read somewhere that Chip was ready to trade almost anything to get Mariota. 

Mariota was the quarterback he needed in the system he wanted to run. But it was not meant to be.