OregonDucks

Arizona President: "the deal was going to be USC-Oregon [to the Big Ten]"

"When I heard it first, the deal was going to be USC-Oregon [to the Big Ten]. That makes sense. … Their TV market is not that big, [but] they play in different colored uniforms, and they win. That's where I would have started this thing off."

"I think Fox wanted to consolidate L.A. and not let anybody else in [with USC-UCLA]. I think it's brilliant. Well played."

-- Robert Robbins, President of University of Arizona

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

In an extensive conversation, Robert Robbins explains the state of the Pac-12 may not be what it seems

And where did he first hear it?

Maybe the question could be put to an AI Chat Box? 😉

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

The LA schools to the B1G caught everybody by surprise yet when the Arizona president first learned of the move it was Oregon and USC?????

Once again Dennis Dodd puts his intellectual and journalistic talents on display.

• Haha 3

He also mentioned that Arizona was one of the 3 Pac-12 schools that voted in favor of forming the Pac-20. He said the decision to expand to the Pac-20 'got complicated.' Among other complications was SC's Carol Folt leading the charge to crater Pac-12 expansion.

I thought the man's comments were all over the map. He was 'sucker punched' by Dodd's leading questions. 

Princeton. Karma for agreeing to an interview with Dodd?

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Applause 1

On 3/17/2023 at 11:02 AM, OregonDucks said:

"When I heard it first, the deal was going to be USC-Oregon [to the Big Ten]. That makes sense. … Their TV market is not that big, [but] they play in different colored uniforms, and they win. That's where I would have started this thing off."

"I think Fox wanted to consolidate L.A. and not let anybody else in [with USC-UCLA]. I think it's brilliant. Well played."

-- Robert Robbins, President of University of Arizona

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

In an extensive conversation, Robert Robbins explains the state of the Pac-12 may not be what it seems

The B1G commissioner lying to the Pac-12 and ACC commissioners was 'well played?' 

I know this gentleman is a respected surgeon but he came off sounding like a wishy-washy jerk; jerked around by B12 guy Dennis Dodd. 

With partners like this?

• Thumbs Up 2