Pennsylvania Duck

Dillon “The Villain” Brooks: Arguably Most Hated Player in NBA

Dillon Brooks has ascended to the status of arguably the most hated player in the NBA in rocket-like fashion. Brooks has seeming embraced the role, particularly his new moniker of Dillon “The Villain” Brooks.

The Memphis Grizzlies guard and former Oregon Ducks’ star added to his rapidly growing reputation after the league on Friday fined him $35,000 for shoving a cameraman to the floor during the second quarter of a game against the Miami Heat on Wednesday.

Brooks has become Public Enemy No. 1 in many arenas and he’s good with it.

“I like getting booed,” he told reporters after the game. “I like guys against me. It gets me going even more.”

Wow! A big change from his Duck days. I don't remember him like this...Am I forgetting something?

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The fine adds to a series of incidents contributing to Brooks' growing reputation of being the NBA's newest "villain."

Nope.  Back then his 'tude lifted the team, and Dana kept him in check.  (Perhaps Payton too?)

Dillon Brooks 2.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

It's also true that NBA fans love hating him. The league needs more characters like him. Watching him go up against Draymond Green is prime entertainment.

Heck, I despised Jordan and Kobe because of their arrogance for far too long. I learned to love them being jerks. Rodman, Rasheed Wallace, Barkley- all great players and over the top entertainers in a villain role!

Brooks isn't on the same level as those players- he can't play offense! It kind of weakens his position.   

Is Dillon the new Freddie Blassie?

What I remember about Brooks while at Oregon is that he was a very good player, and arguably, an even better flopper. 

This was one for the ages: 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/18/2023 at 6:40 PM, Duckdude said:

Is Dillon the new Freddie Blassie?

Hi Duckdude. I had to investigate who Freddie Blassie was. This was a great description of him:

"Blassie's legacy all comes down to having one important trait: He could make anyone hate him in an instant. And boy, did he ever."

• Thumbs Up 1

Grade A scumbag for pushing a cameraman.  

That is a bit much…I bet many of us would want to do the same thing if we were in an NBA player’s position.

But the FD rule is—once they leave Oregon—all protections are off.

Mr. FishDuck

On 3/18/2023 at 9:17 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

Hi Duckdude. I had to investigate who Freddie Blassie was. This was a great description of him:

"Blassie's legacy all comes down to having one important trait: He could make anyone hate him in an instant. And boy, did he ever."

One thing ya gotta say about Dillon: he puts some effort into it!  You’ll never hear ‘em say things like they say about Ware, e.g. “You gotta light a fire under him…..”

"C'mon, son... You're better than that".

Maybe Coach K was on to something?

• Applause 1

After reviewing the video, he did push the cameraman, however was it in sense of he was trying to get up and was using the cameraman as leverage?

Dillon is a villain and dirty player.  I don't have a problem with villains, but I do have a problem with dirty players.  Draymond, Dillon, Marcus Morris, Grayson Allen etc. all are dirty players.  They routinely trip, punch players or hit players in the back. 

Rodman was the epitome of villain.  100% could get under just about any players skin and for the most part not do anything dirty.  He had a few dirty plays, but for the most part was just a cray dude.

@woundedknees Nah, coach K was crying because his team got beat bad.  In that particular instance, Dillon did absolutely nothing wrong in my opinion.

I was more inserting that Coach K may have accidentally made a clever comment, albeit under his breath.

Snakeoil salesman occasionally trip over the blind squirrel that found the acorn...