Charles Fischer

Pending 2022 Verbal: Pulling a QB from SEC Central?

Holy Toledo!  Talk about a lot of smoke...there might be some fire there!  When the biggies at 247Sports such as Wilfong, Prehm and Wade all give positive updates of this 2022 QB's visit with his parents within a few minutes of each other?  Now the Oregon Rivals AJ Jacobson too?  Was there a silent verbal from Rivals 4-Star Alabama QB Tanner Bailey to the Oregon coaches during his recent visit?  When that many recruiting tongues are wagging...you gotta wonder.

Look at this offer list right here, (24 already!) which includes Michigan, Auburn, LSU, Georgia and Alabama?

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

Talent wise, Oregon's football future looks great. Hope we get him and can keep him. 

At first I thought it read pulling a DT from SEC central, another time. I can dream can't I!

22 hours ago, Charles Fischer said:

Holy Toledo!  Talk about a lot of smoke...there might be some fire there!  When the biggies at 247Sports such as Wilfong, Prehm and Wade all give positive updates of this 2022 QB's visit with his parents within a few minutes of each other?  Now the Oregon Rivals AJ Jacobson too?  Was there a silent verbal from Rivals 4-Star Alabama QB Tanner Bailey to the Oregon coaches during his recent visit?  When that many recruiting tongues are wagging...you gotta wonder.

Look at this offer list right here, (24 already!) which includes Michigan, Auburn, LSU, Georgia and Alabama?

His dad was a QB at Auburn back in the 80's. He's been tutoring Tanner since he could walk, and it shows. I have looked at a lot of the QB's in this recruiting cycle and none them have the polish that this kid has.

His mechanics aren't perfect, but they're close.

This kid is really good. 

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, ChicoDuck said:

This kid is really good. 

Boy I was hoping he would pass your muster, and that is not sarcastic.  You call it the way you see it, and that doesn't always jive with the recruiting services and the offers the coaches give.  I was wondering what your thoughts were and THANKS.

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

56 minutes ago, Charles Fischer said:

Boy I was hoping he would pass your muster, and that is not sarcastic.  You call it the way you see it, and that doesn't always jive with the recruiting services and the offers the coaches give.  I was wondering what your thoughts were and THANKS.

It's interesting that Alabama accepted a commitment from Ty Simpson and Tanner Bailey is in their backyard. Both play at very small schools (+/- 600 kids enrollment), but that's where the similarities end. Simpson is an "athlete" playing sandlot QB while Tanner Bailey's mechanics are advanced enough that he's ready to compete at the D1 level right now.

SMH

5 hours ago, ChicoDuck said:

His dad was a QB at Auburn back in the 80's. He's been tutoring Tanner since he could walk, and it shows. I have looked at a lot of the QB's in this recruiting cycle and none them have the polish that this kid has.

His mechanics aren't perfect, but they're close.

This kid is really good. 

I was very disappointed with the potential QBs the Ducks were getting connected to this cycle. After I saw that Bailey came out to Eugene for a dead period visit with his family on their own dime I checked out his highlights. 

If Bailey is the QB for the 2022 class I will be very pleased. He doesn’t have ideal size and he’s not a dual threat guy, but he has some major arm talent and QB skills. Bailey can make every throw, to not confuse arm talent with just arm strength - I mean he can put just the right touch and placement on the ball. Sounds like he got left out by the in-state schools and the Ducks might have caught a break. 

4 hours ago, RatherBe said:

I was very disappointed with the potential QBs the Ducks were getting connected to this cycle. After I saw that Bailey came out to Eugene for a dead period visit with his family on their own dime I checked out his highlights. 

If Bailey is the QB for the 2022 class I will be very pleased. He doesn’t have ideal size and he’s not a dual threat guy, but he has some major arm talent and QB skills. Bailey can make every throw, to not confuse arm talent with just arm strength - I mean he can put just the right touch and placement on the ball. Sounds like he got left out by the in-state schools and the Ducks might have caught a break. 

I've watched his tapes a few times. I missed it the first couple of views, but he looks off the safety and comes back to the Post for a TD on the first highlight. It happens so fast that I wasn't ready for it, but that is some advanced QB stuff right there.

I can overlook the fact that he's 2 or 3 inches shorter than ideal height. The rest of the package is in the 9-to-10 range.

I like this kid a lot. Big upside.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1