criticalduck

Don't you just love the 180 the pundits made?

All this love for "our" guy!!

See the source image

I remember being at a tailgate Herbert's senior year in high school. I was told by someone who lives in Eugene and watched Herbert play baseball, football, and baseball.. He told me this kid is going to be special--he said Mariota but bigger. I told him I couldn't wait to see!!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

It's amazing hearing the "Experts" now. I've yet to hear McShay say anything about Herbert's record setting, ROTY year, and I guess that's just as well. He, all of them actually, are not held accountable for gaffes they make, and are right back at it again next season, with Mock Draft after Mock Draft. 

30 minutes ago, 30Duck said:

It's amazing hearing the "Experts" now. I've yet to hear McShay say anything about Herbert's record setting, ROTY year, and I guess that's just as well. He, all of them actually, are not held accountable for gaffes they make, and are right back at it again next season, with Mock Draft after Mock Draft. 

Justin should send them both signed  Rookie of the Year jerseys! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Southern Duck said:

Justin should send them both signed  Rookie of the Year jerseys! 

No, he should ask them if they want to buy one. Send them a signed written quote of their assessment so they can frame them for their offices. Maybe send the guys who supported him free jerseys!

I'm not sure Kiper or McShay do "true" analysis of players, even though they say so.  They are talking heads there to sell headlines and content.  How serious can you really take McShay when he has the first 4 picks being QBs this year? 

They are knowledgeable for sure, but true scouts they are not.  Their draft order also, isn't based on skill, but what they think the teams will do.  However, they love to create discussion.  

McShay has the Eagles taking a TE with their pick and prefaces it with, Despite the Eagles' glaring weakness at wide receiver, I'm mixing it up with Pitts at No. 6.  How much more obvious can they make it, they just throw stuff at the wall and don't care if it sticks or not?

4 minutes ago, Tandaian said:

I'm not sure Kiper or McShay do "true" analysis of players, even though they say so.  They are talking heads there to sell headlines and content.  How serious can you really take McShay when he has the first 4 picks being QBs this year? 

They are knowledgeable for sure, but true scouts they are not.  Their draft order also, isn't based on skill, but what they think the teams will do.  However, they love to create discussion.  

McShay has the Eagles taking a TE with their pick and prefaces it with, Despite the Eagles' glaring weakness at wide receiver, I'm mixing it up with Pitts at No. 6.  How much more obvious can they make it, they just throw stuff at the wall and don't care if it sticks or not?

I think you’re on point about them being salesmen.  I believe Kiper used to be a pure analyst, but figured out the “game”.  It’s all about hype.  Controversy. Click bait.  

I say this in all sincerity, I've forgot more about football than Melvin ever knew...

Martian.jpg.ed16497176406831ea05503f321a335b.jpg