30Duck

Which Blue Blood Needs a Transfusion Most?

WWW.ON3.COM

Which college football program is in the more dire position right now? Candidates are Auburn, Oklahoma, Michigan, Florida State...

Tough one, I’d give the edge to FSU. Not sure how you go from undefeated regular season to what they are now. They’re just awful. At least U$C is only “4 plays away” from undefeated.

One could also make a strong case for Oklahoma. First year in the SEC is a BAD time to disappear. If they don’t right the ship next year they could become the next Nebraska.

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2024 at 9:38 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

One could also make a strong case for Oklahoma. First year in the SEC is a BAD time to disappear. If they don’t right the ship next year they could become the next Nebraska.

Agree. With Riley, they did better than USC is doing, but it was still a Heisman producer, not a win producer. If they don't start winning Sooner than Later it will be too late.

On 10/22/2024 at 9:38 AM, JabbaNoBargain said:

I have never really thought about this until now, but maybe Dillon Gabriel saw the writing on the wall way before everyone else. He has been around a lot of programs in his time and maybe he saw the direction the program was heading internally and said woah hold on a minute I need to get out of here. And then it probably took just one call with Lanning and his decision to leave became a no brainer. Do I stay on a sinking ship or jump to the fastest rising program in the Country and have a shot to compete for a championship in my last college season?

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/22/2024 at 11:07 AM, QuackyQuack said:

I have never really thought about this until now, but maybe Dillon Gabriel saw the writing on the wall way before everyone else. He has been around a lot of programs in his time and maybe he saw the direction the program was heading internally and said woah hold on a minute I need to get out of here. And then it probably took just one call with Lanning and his decision to leave became a no brainer. Do I stay on a sinking ship or jump to the fastest rising program in the Country and have a shot to compete for a championship in my last college season?

I'd say 100%.

Sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but schools that are what I call arbitrary powers can fall off. Yale is STILL #1 for number of CFB championships. Oklahoma is #9 on that list, but it has now been a quarter of a century since they won one. Finish 10th place in your new conference a few years in a row and suddenly you're some school in the middle of nowhere that seems like ancient history.  

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1