Gusduck71

Lanning Setting Up Players for Success

I liked what I read about the "reset" in the O today. Sounds like Lanning takes great exception to stupid penalties, I love it! Addressing the issue during practice it the way to go, during the game is too late. Coach Lanning is setting the players up for success!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What article????

"Subscriber Exclusive" article on Oregon Live/Oregonian.

Pennsylvania Duck and Tandaian each posted articles yesterday morning from different sources that covered the same information.

I agree with you that Coach DL is teaching expectations and doing it well.

Taki Taimani talked about this topic and what Lanning wants in practice..."controlled agression."

"You got to learn how to be poised," Taimani said. "We kind of learned our lesson today; we were a little aggressive today, so we ran a little. It's how we practice is how he wants us to play in the game. He doesn't want any of the smack talking, extra stuff; he wants us to have clean practices because how we practice will translate into the game."

This is article quote is from.

11237574.JPG
247SPORTS.COM

Five days of practice are in the books for Oregon football as they came off the football field Tuesday evening. How has Oregon's...

Do your talking with your play and the scoreboard. Nothing else matters. Get up, hand the ball to the ref, leave the trash talking to the NBA because that’s where it belongs.

If you are trash talking then you are not concentrating on the task at hand. Don’t let the other side get in your head.

Edited by Just Ducky
  • Like 1