Pennsylvania Duck

Women's Basketball: Phil Knight Invitational

UConn, Iowa State among 4 top-10 women’s basketball teams headed to Portland for Phil Knight tournaments

For the first time, eight women’s teams will compete in two separate four-team brackets.

The women’s tournaments feature four teams ranked in the top 10 of the AP top 25. 

All eight teams will play their first games at the Chiles Center on the University of Portland

campus, with two games on Thanksgiving and two more on Friday. 

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Eight women’s teams will compete in two separate four-team brackets.

2022 PKI Women’s Bracket

Click on URL below to see bracket

https://global-uploads.webflow.com/62aa5d3f408f16380f0ddb52/637a7c35ecc8b4747788db4f_22_PKI_Bracket_W.pdf

Ducks headed north for holidays for biggest test of young season

Things are about to get tough in a hurry. Thursday brings the first major challenge of the season. The team will spend Thanksgiving

in Portland where they'll face No. 8 North Carolina (4-0) in the first of two games at this year's Phil Knight Invitational.

Oregon didn't play four quality quarters on Monday. That has head coach Kelly Graves

concerned with Thursday's 2 PM tip at the Chiles Center looming. 

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks headed north for holidays for biggest test of young season

NO. 18 OREGON FACES FIRST RANKED TEST AT PKI

Both the Ducks and Tar Heels are off to 4-0 starts this season, as Oregon picked up a 66-54

win over Southern Utah Monday night at Matthew Knight Arena.

UNC, who enters the weekend with its highest ranking since the 2015 season,

marks the first top-25 team UO will face this season.

GODUCKS.COM

No. 18 Oregon will face its toughest test to date on Thanksgiving Day, as the Ducks will meet eighth-ranked North Carolina at 2...

Oregon women’s basketball opens PKI against No. 8 North Carolina

Kelly Graves: “North Carolina, I’ve seen them a couple of times and they’re really, really good. They’re long.

They’re athletic. They’ve got play-makers. They’ve got size. They’re really the whole package. They’re a legitimate top 10 team.”

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Oregon is looking to gain an early top 10 win, its first since defeating Arizona and UConn in back-to-back games last January.

Game is TODAY! 2:00 PT, ESPNU

Should have won that game, our guards have to play with more discipline, we would get out to a good lead playing a composed half-court game, then when we tried to speed it up we would give up points in transition and let UNC back in it.  That game is a game we lost not UNC winning it.  We play with more composure we win.

Had a clear advantage inside, yet we got away from that in the 4th quarter.  Offense should have gone to Kyei and Van Slooten a lot more, instead Rodgers, PaoPao, and Hurst tried to do too much.

I still think Graves doesn't coach with enough fire, I never see him demand better basketball from our players, just seems to be okay with obvious mistakes.  

All that said I like the look of this team immensely more than last season.  I never though Prince played with much fire, and I already feel like Kyei is going to be a better player, maybe not as much of a scorer, but she fights a lot more trying to get rebounds and plays better defense.

They'll get better, and in the end I think this will be a better team compared to last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ducks lose control late, can't fend off No. 8 UNC in PKI opener

The Ducks led for the high majority of Thursday's game with No. 8 North Carolina. However, the final quarter was all Tar Heels. 

North Carolina used a timeout trailing 68-61 with seven minutes to play, and came out of with a flurry baskets,

including a four-point play to take their first lead since the early part of the first quarter.

The loss is Oregon's first of the season and sets up a Sunday morning tip in the consolation game against either No. 5 Iowa State or Michigan State. 

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks lose control late, can't fend off No. 8 UNC in PKI opener 

No. 18 Oregon women’s basketball plays best game in 3 seasons, can’t close out No. 8 North Carolina

Oregon showed a level of offensive cohesiveness and firepower against a quality opponent

it hadn’t displayed since Sabrina Ionescu ruled Matthew Knight Arena, but couldn’t finish it off.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Te-Hina Paopao scored 18 points and Endyia Rogers had 10, but each missed potential game-tying three-pointers in the final 2:45...

Grace VanSlooten stands tall on big stage, draws praise from Graves and others

"I am having a lot more fun than I've had for a while anyways," Graves said during a generally

upbeat press conference following the defeat in Portland at the Chiles Center.

"I already gave them a hard time. I said you guys are killing my sleep because I don't sleep at night

because I'm exited to get up and have practice. That had not been the case in a couple of years."

Graves' grin spread most wide when he spoke of freshman forward Grace VanSlooten.

247SPORTS.COM

Grace VanSlooten stands tall on big stage, draws praise from Graves and others

No. 8 Tar Heels Overtake No. 18 Ducks

The Ducks, who suffered their first loss of the season, led 44-39 at halftime and opened the fourth quarter with an 11-2 run, creating

a 66-58 advantage. The Tar Heels (4-1) immediately responded with a 14-3 burst to claim a 72-69 lead that they never relinquished.

GODUCKS.COM

Facing its toughest test of the young season, the 18th-ranked Oregon Ducks dropped an 85-79 decision to the eighth-ranked...

I think Graves is right to be positive about this loss/team.  Yes, they should have won--and would have if Rogers hadn't had the worst game I've seen from her in an Oregon uniform (8 turnovers + some other questionable decisions) and the team remembered how to make free throws.  (They were actually quite good early in the season; don't know what's happened in the past couple of games.)  They also didn't get much help from the more experienced guards on the bench.  (I thought Hosendove was solid.)

But--on the positive side of things, the best 4 on the court were the 3 freshmen + Philly (who is, I believe, still the youngest, and surely the least experienced, player on the team).  VanSlooten certainly deserves all the praise she's getting, but Isai was also terrific, and, although she didn't score much, Chance Gray seemed to me quite composed and the best perimeter defender on the team (by a lot).  And Philly--well, she just seemed more in control than she has been in the past. 

More minutes, and the better conditioning that requires, will only make her impact even greater.  Time will tell (obviously) how much better they can/will get, but if North Carolina isn't massively over-ranked, and there aren't any more serious injuries, this team has the potential to be the best Oregon WBB team post-Sabrina.  And, in any case, it is (to me) a breath of fresh air after the past season. 

Updated bracket below. Ducks play Sunday, 10:00AM PT, ESPN2

Click in box below to view bracket...

ESPNEVENTS.COM

Michigan State has come back from 17 points down in the first half to tie it at 68-68! Come on, Ducks.

Ducks win for 3rd place finish...

Ducks hold off Spartans, leave Portland with split at PK Invitational

The Oregon women's basketball team provided a much-needed win to a fanbase

that was reeling off of Saturday's devastating football loss in Corvallis. 

Like their football counterparts, these Ducks pulled out to an early lead before things got tight late.

However, this squad excelled late with crucial stops and made baskets as they held on to best

Michigan State 86-76 before a small crowd on Sunday morning at Veteran's Memorial Coliseum in Portland. 

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks hold off Spartans, leave Portland with split at PK Invitational

Late Surge Sparks Bounceback Win

The Oregon women used a 13-2 run midway through the fourth quarter

to gain separation in an 86-78 win Sunday over Michigan State.

GODUCKS.COM

The Oregon women used a 13-2 run midway through the fourth quarter to gain separation in an 86-78 win Sunday over Michigan State.

Oregon Ducks stave off late rally, beat Michigan State to claim 3rd place in Phil Knight Invitational

With a little more than seven minutes left in a Saturday morning matchup against

Michigan State, the Oregon women’s basketball team found itself in a familiar position.

Michigan State, thanks to a tenacious press defense, had just scored off consecutive

Oregon turnovers to complete a 9-2 run and tie the game 68-68 with 7:17 remaining.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

Phillipina Kyei finished with 15 points and 16 rebounds and Te-Hina Paopao had 14 points and six assists for the Ducks.

WATCH: Phillipina Kyei's career outing lifts Ducks over Michigan State

PAC-12.COM

No. 18 Oregon women's basketball defeats Michigan State by a final score of 86-78 at the Phil Knight Invitational tournament on...

Kelly Graves encouraged by team's play at PK Invitational

This year's team is full of promise, but as Kelly Graves said in the aftermath of Thursday's six-point loss to

eventual tournament champ North Carolina, it was hard to know how good this team was until it was challenged.

"I'm really happy with our team," he said moments after the 19th-ranked Ducks held off Michigan State on Sunday morning.

"We played two NCAA Tournament caliber teams and played well. We had a chance to win both.

We would've liked to win both, but we didn't. Going home with a split is pretty good. It's something to build off of."

247SPORTS.COM

Kelly Graves encouraged by team's play at PK Invitational

Ducks remain in top-20 of latest AP Poll after splitting two games at PK85

The Ducks split the two games, losing in the final minutes to the Tar Heels and holding on for a win over the Spartans.

With those results, the Ducks dropped one spot to No. 19 in the latest AP Poll. 

247SPORTS.COM

Ducks remain in top-20 of latest AP Poll after splitting two games at PK85