Duck Fan 76

Bo interview with Talkin Ducks (Also Mariota and Novisad)

There are some interesting comments from Bo at 14:30 that I thought were potentially revealing about what the 2023 offense is going to look like.  I've been of the mindset (it's not much of a stretch) that Bo's injury was the difference maker between Oregon getting to the PAC Championship or not.  As such I thought we might see a bit more of Bo's arm and a bit less of his legs. 

In the interview he says he's "training his lower body like a running back" this offseason to be able to "take some hits" and "run through contact".  That might indicate Bo feels his best path forward is to double down on his athletic traits in RPO to keep counts to Oregon's advantage.  I think there's little doubt that would work for Oregon's offense (spectacularly) but the obvious concern is that he risks another injury.

On the other side he also said he's training to execute "layered downfield shots that you see in the league".  He's definitely had success there but it's hard to maintain an in game rhythm with those throws unless you take a higher percentage of those shots than Oregon did last year.  He clearly wants to get his draft stock into the first round and to do that he's gotta show some enhanced skills that will translate well to the NFL.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1