Pennsylvania Duck

Former Pac-12 Coaches Concerned About Future Amid Ongoing Issues

This is an interesting article, looking at the Pac-12's predicament from a coach's viewpoint.

Read what Mike Bellotti, Dennis Erickson, Rich Rodriguez and Rick Neuheisel think of the

current situation the conference finds itself in as it searches for a new media deal.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The conference's inability to secure a new media rights deal is raising alarms

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1

Baylor AD Mack Rhoades: Big 12 must be ready for 'movement' from Pac-12 schools if media negotiations collapse

Well, according to Baylor AD, The Big 12 is ready to add Pac-12 teams if the media deal is undesirable. His viewpoint:

Though Baylor and the Big 12 have already secured a new TV deal, Rhoades said he would not be elated as an athletic director if presented a media deal featuring a streaming service as a primary partner. 

"It would be disappointing to be quite frank," Rhoades told 365 Sports. "Where I go first is the brand of the conference, which means impact on recruiting. Conversations with my head coaches, in terms of brand building and linear space — I know everyone talks about cord cutting, but (TV) is still the way people follow college athletics.

If you think about not just the event itself but the shows throughout the week and even on game day. With FOX, you think about game day and their shows. I think it would be a big disappointment for the athletic directors and their coaches." 

I wonder how many ADs and coaches in the Pac-12 share this opinion? If it is an issue, it might be hard to retain good coaches. We have to hope that the College Presidents in the Pac-12 are communicating well with ADs/coaches.

On 2/28/2023 at 3:39 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

I wonder how many ADs and coaches in the Pac-12 share this opinion? If it is an issue, it might be hard to retain good coaches. We have to hope that the College Presidents in the Pac-12 are communicating well with ADs/coaches

Agree!