Charles Fischer

What the 5-Star Players Say About Dan Lanning...

This is from Steve Wiltfong at National 247, who is a pretty good recruiting analyst and reporter of football recruiting. 

On Saturday, Lanning and company hosted several other top targets for a scavenger hunt in Eugene which showed off all the bells and whistles of the school and football program along the way.

“It’s the energy that Coach Lanning brings!” 247Sports’s 5-Star No. 1 offensive tackle recruit Brandon Baker said. “He has an energy about him, a strong passion and belief of greats things to come. He believes they’ll be a big-time program soon. I can see it building.”

Baker was joined on campus by his Santa Ana (Calif.) Mater Dei teammates in fellow 5-Star in defensive lineman Aydin Breland and touted receiver Jack Ressler. Oregon is near the top of the list for Baker and Breland alongside a few others and may just be the one to beat for Ressler.

“I had a great time,” Breland said. “The experience was great. I felt at home in Eugene this weekend and I really appreciate Dan Lanning and his coaching staff for taking the time and explaining their plan for me as far as development. Like I’ve said before the genuine family feel I get from Dan Lanning, Tosh Lupoi and Tony Tuioti is real.”

Oregon had a few commits back on campus including offensive linemen Trent Ferguson and Fox Crader along with tight end AJ Pugliano, and other prized recruits included 247Sports’ No 3 running back Jason Brown.

Oregon also hosted a handful of offered prospects in the 2025 and 2026 class.

“It was very great,” Spanaway (Wash.) Bethel Top247 linebacker Zaydrius Rainey-Sale said. “I liked the atmosphere of the coaches and how the hospitality was towards me and my mother, and I liked the energy and how fired up they were to be around me and my FSP brothers and it was just a good time to learn about some of things they did as a college and also off the field and how they love to help others in the community and it just made me smile and will forever be a special moment visiting there.”

“My latest experience was amazing,” Auburn (Wash.) Riverside Top247 athlete Jonathan Epperson said. “I had a lot of fun. What continues to fire me up about the Ducks program is that fact our relationship is doing nothing but growing and we’re doing nothing but getting closer. I love the family feel and the effort they put in to making sure I feel at home and that I am taken care of.”

“It was a great visit,” Concord (Calif.) De La Salle safety Robert Santiago said. “Every time I get up it’s something new I learn about Eugene and the Ducks. I love the coaches and I love the facilities. They make it special every time I get a chance to come up and visit.”

Santiago added he liked the coaching staff and they can develop him on and off the field.  “Oregon is pretty high on my list and will always be high, but I’m just trying see how far I can go with my recruitment,” Santiago said.

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck