Jon Joseph

HAIL CAESAR! Pac-12 Over/Under in 2023

CBS Sports has seven Pac-12 teams going bowling in 2023. I think this number is light by one.

Bowl Teams - 

Arizona - This would continue Jedd Fisch's turnaround in Tucson. A loss is predicted at Mississippi State but a win in Starkville would be great for the conference.

Oregon - CBS predicts the Ducks will go under 9.5 wins with losses at UW, Utah, and Oregon State in Autzen. I see Oregon at least splitting the Utah and UW games and defeating the Beavers so to Hector with this. Speaking of Hector, CBS does have Oregon defeating Troy in what could be the game of the Pac-12 regular season in Autzen.  

Oregon State - CBS has Oregon State going 10-2 with losses against Utah and UW. I do not see OSU losing both of these games in Corvallis.

UCLA - A loss would be an upset loss but UCLA best beware of Coastal Carolina in the Rose Bowl and playing at San Diego State.

USC - CBS has USC going 11-1, winning in South Bend and the only loss coming in Autzen. I see SC in 2023 with at least 2 losses even with getting Utah and UW at home.

Utah - 9-3 - CBS has the Utes defeating Florida in its opener and then winning on the road at Baylor. Losing at SC and UW but defeating OSU in Corvallis. So much of the 2023 season for Utah is riding on the health of QB Rising. 

Washington - 11-1 - CBS has UW losing only against SC in LA. If this is correct and I do not think it is so, UW would rematch against SC in Las Vegas for the Pac-12 title with UW coming off the Apple Cup game and USC coming off of an idle week. Like Utah, so much rides on UW keeping QB Michael Penix, Jr. healthy. 2022 was the first season that Penix started and finished healthy in his college career. 

It's going to be a wild ride. I don't think the conference with 5 or perhaps 6 teams ranked in the AP Poll preseason top 25 has ever been this deep. And the 9th conference game will yield an upset or two.

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The Pac-12 has plenty of contenders capable of ending its College Football Playoff drought

• Haha 1

All of these things are always so much built upon "last year" and hindsight is 20/20 but foresight is missing with these clowns.

• Thumbs Up 1