1Funduck

Will Oregon Land Top Shelf Recruits at a Greater Clip?

There is just something about this B1G move that keeps picking at me. Oregon has been doing quite well in recruiting over these last few years and has really started to ramp up this past year. The interesting thing is, Oregon hasn't landed a 5* yet. There's no complaining in Autzen!!! The most we could hope to garner is 2-3 5*'s in a season. And, quite frankly, getting just one 5* is an impressive fete. 

Now comes the B1G. With Oregon's prowess building steam, one would conclude that those Midwest roadgraders will be more inclined to give Oregon a look. 

Let's take off our Green and Yellow glasses for a moment and call it what it is. Most B1G schools should be concerned with UW, U$C, and UO calling on those corn fed boys. And with Oregon showing up its going to get harder for PSU, tOSU, and UM to corner the market on the top tier recruits. That's not me being a homer, thats me being realistic. 

Within 3-4 years, Oregon and U$C will be vying for a championship. With said Championship comes added gravitas in recruiting. 

Hey tOSU?!! You hate losing to UM and want to fire the coach after said loss? What happens when the losses start piling up with 4-5 really good teams giving you grief? 

Its ON!!!!!

• Go Ducks! 1