Ktmguy2018

PAC-12 Networks

I share some of the frustration that this writer for TrojansWire mentions regarding the PAC-12 Network.  Some of the camera work is not the best, albeit some QB's are mastering the play fake to perfection and I get lost myself.

Still, the PAC-12 Network is a better watch than when the larger networks bring two big cameras and a couple Go-Pros to try to broadcast a game.

What brought this article to my attention was this doozy of a sentence:

"The visibility of USC football has been negatively affected by PAC-12 Network.". 

Nope, I think that may fall on Clay Helton more than Larry Scott...USC only made themselves visible because they hired Lincoln Riley and that brought Caleb Williams to town.  THAT generated excitement and buzz!

USC visibility was not negatively affected by PAC-12 Networks.  Not being relevant because your program was in disarray was what negatively impacted USC.

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The Nevada game was the final #USC home football game on Pac-12 Network. Fans were angry, but also...

• Applause 1

excerpt from Wilner column in Sept. 2022....

At the heart of the issue is an aspect of the TV selection process that requires each team to make a minimum number of appearances on the Pac-12 Networks. And that minimum is equivalent to the number of non-conference home games it plays.

So USC, with three non-conference home games this season (2022), must appear on the Pac-12 Networks at least three times.

Meanwhile, ESPN and Fox want to select the best possible matchups — a process that’s not as simple as it seems.

Interest in college football (i.e., ratings) typically peaks later in the season, when the best teams have emerged and conference title and playoff bids are at stake. As the networks contemplate whether to select the USC-Oregon State game in September (2022), they have to keep in mind what it means for their matchups in November.

If the Trojans are as good as they look under Lincoln Riley, they will play a series of high-profile games down the stretch.

If ESPN and Fox select a USC game now, they reduce access to the Trojans later because of the Pac-12 Networks’ minimum game requirement.

more to it, as well:  

SPORTS360AZ.COM

<p>Oregon State is 3-0 for the first time since 2014, halfway to bowl eligibility and preparing for two of its biggest games of the season. But for a few hours…</p>