Pennsylvania Duck

Dan Lanning Weekly Press Conference | November 13, 2023

Everything Dan Lanning said on Monday of ASU week - Transcript

247SPORTS.COM

Below is a complete transcript of everything Dan Lanning said during his Monday press conference.

Dan Lanning conveys commitment to Oregon: 'There’s zero chance that I’ll be coaching somewhere else'

Oregon coach Dan Lanning coach Dan Lanning was asked about his name's attachment to the current Texas A&M head coaching vacancy.

Here's a recap of what he said...

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon coach Dan Lanning coach Dan Lanning was asked about his name's attachment to the current Texas A&M head coaching...

Oregon Duck fans react to Dan Lanning's emphatic shut-down of Texas A&M rumors

If you polled the Oregon Ducks’ fanbase, I think over 95% of them would have told you that they had no real concerns about Dan Lanning leaving for the open Texas A&M Aggies head coaching job.

It’s still nice to get clarification, though.

That’s exactly what they got on Monday night when, during his weekly press conference, the Oregon head coach completely shut down the rumors that he is a candidate for the SEC job after Jimbo Fisher was fired on Sunday.

“I think I’ve been really, really clear here since day one. Everything I want exists right here,” Lanning said. “I’m not going anywhere. There’s zero chance that I would be coaching somewhere else.”

It’s hard to put it much more emphatically than that.

As you would expect, Oregon fans celebrated that news on social media, professing love for their coach and relief at hearing of his loyalty once more, though it was never really doubted.

Here are some of the best reactions on social media from the news...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Duck fans celebrated on Monday night after head coach Dan Lanning completely shut down the rumors about Texas A&M.

• Go Ducks! 1