Duckman60

How do you Think the Committee Would React...?

What if, heaven forbid, WSU beats the Huskies?  You can not put Oregon over UW because of head to head but would they move Texas and/or Alabama over UW and us?

A bottom dweller beating the top team might show the PAC not as strong as people have thought and UW not as good as they thought.

It would take a little luster off a win over them in the Championship game.  So if they did move Texas over UW and we both win our conference championship then how can they move Oregon back over Texas?

This think would the nightmare scenario in which Oregon wins out but still does not get in.

Thoughts?

• Yikes! 1

I have been cheering for the Fuskies way too much this year.

Can’t wait to be in the B1G.

• Haha 1

Ewwdub will beat WSU. 

Which is exactly what we need...sneaky-hehe.gif.2d4e14cff20f80b031220e590cd0e0a0.gif

The insidious part of the ranking system is the bias that comes into play when a team loses. When a PAC12 team loses to another PAC12 team they can fall a long ways, like WSU did. Farther than if they were in the B1G or SEC and lost to their conference teams.

Now that WSU is considered a poor team due to their losses, it would be devastating for UW to lose to them, even though WSU is Jekyll and Hyde like Stanford and Utah and really punch above their weight When Ward and his receivers get going as we saw when we played them.

If this was in Pullman I'd have bigger concerns, but it's in Seattle, so it would require 4 quarters of excellence from WSU with another ASU type outing from UW for an upset to occur. I'll put the odds at about 10%.

Edited by Solar