Jon Joseph

HOW WOULD THE "NEW B12" MATCH UP AGAINST THE PAC-12? AND SHOULD THE PAC-12 HAVE EXPANDED?

Because it has no media right affiliations with any conference I am using the Week 7 rankings from The Athletic (TA) to schedule hypothetical match ups.

Cincinnati - #3 vs Oregon - #7 I appreciate TA keeping the Ducks ranked above Ohio State until such time as tOSU defeats a decent opponent and/or Ducks take a 2nd L.

Oklahoma State - #5 vs Utah - #26 - I think 26 is a fair ranking for the Utes; although, at 4-2 Utah could take 4-2 Purdue's place at #25 in the AP Poll?

Baylor - #24 vs ASU - #29 - yet again a ranked ASU team playing for Herm loses to an unranked opponent. Meanwhile, Aranda in his 2nd year in Waco takes down BYU to go 6-1.

BYU - #25 vs UCLA - #32  - This could be a heck of a battle. Too bad Utah didn't start Rising at QB at the beginning of the year? My bad regarding Brewer.

Iowa State - #42 vs Oregon State - #43 - It's been a positive season for the Beavs to date, not so much for the Cyclones. But IA ST gets AP #8 OK ST at home this Saturday and could turn things around?

Texas Tech - #45 vs Washington State - #64 - TT is now 5-2 in a very good bounce back season to date. Oregon plays at TT in 2023.

TCU - #47 vs Stanford - #65 - TCU defeated CAL by 2 points at home. CAL has lost all of its 1 score difference games in 2021.

Kansas State - #49 vs USC - #71 - K ST easily handled Stanford in the opening game. Does SC have a 'puncher's chance' at Notre Dame Saturday night?

Houston - #54 vs Washington - #86 - Phil Steele's 2021 Surprise Team, UW, has been surprisingly bad.

UCF - #55 vs CU - #89 -Things have not gone as hoped for Gus Malzahn in Orlando. CU should have raised the money to pay Mel Tucker.

West Virginia - #66 vs CAL - #101 - This was the season W VA's HC Brown was supposed to turn it around. Hasn't happened.

Kansas - #114 vs Arizona - #130 - The Wildcats hold the distinction of being ranked as the worst team in the P5 and the G5.

Per TA's rankings, the B12 would be favored to go 12-0 in these games. Of course much of the results would depend on where the games were played?

Was the Pac-12 smart not adding a number of teams from the B 12? The Alliance is a handshake deal that will deliver an extra OOC game every season vs the B1G or the ACC but long term will not impact the bottom line all that much.

It may not have been immediately financially beneficial but IMO the Pac-12 should have added OK ST, TX TECH, TCU and HOUSTON? 2 huge markets in Texas. OK ST last season averaged a better number of viewers than did Oregon. All 4 of these teams have quality basketball programs. The Pac-12 Network could certainly use the additional subscriptions. Adding these 4 may have gotten the network up on DirecTV?

With the B12 expanding back to 12, and possibly more, where can the Pac-12 now go if it wants to expand? I can't believe that adding 2 schools in huge markets in Texas would have hurt the Pac-12's upcoming media negotiations?

Down the road finance-wise, would UW, Oregon, AZ, ASU, USC and CU be better off in the B1G 18? 

Will GK score a big enough media deal to convince all Pac-12 member schools to stay put and continue to pledge their respective media rights to the Pac-12? To continue with an even split of the pie?