NJDuck

Oregon DB Evan Williams Shares Farewell to Duck Nation as He Enters 2024 NFL Draft

Oregon defensive back Evan Williams shared a farewell message to Duck Nation on Sunday.

The DB has no more eligibility after using his COVID year in 2023. Williams will now declared for the 2024 NFL Draft.

“THANK YOU, What a journey it’s been,” Williams wrote in a note posted on social media. “A year ago I stepped into this program simply looking for an opportunity and instead I found a second home. Duck Nation, I will forever be thankful for you!

“Mom and Dad, thank you for surrounding me with love and giving me every tool I could ever need to succeed. I love you guys always. Thank you to all of my coaches along the way for helping me to be the best version of myself on that field. To all my teammates, I truly can’t name a group of guys that I’d rather go to war with on any given Saturday. I’m honored to call y’all my brothers. And B, you already know what it is…. we did this!!

“I’m truly grateful and blessed to have the opportunity to live out something that I’ve been dreaming about since a kid. With all that being said, I am declaring for the 2024 NFL Draft.”

Williams spent his first 4 college seasons with the Fresno State Bulldogs. The defender collected 226 tackles, 11 tackles for loss, and 4 interceptions over 39 games with the Bulldogs.

The DB spent the 2023 season with the Ducks and racked up 82 tackles, 5 tackles for loss, 4.5 sacks, and 2 fumble recoveries. The versatile DB should have no problem getting drafted and making his mark at the next level.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Salute 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Thank YOU, Evan!

• Thumbs Up 1

Dude is a baller!  I loved watching Evan play this season . . . such quick recognition of where he needs to be and a vicious hitter.  Hope he balls out and finds a home in the League.

Thanks Evan, we Duck fans are gonna miss you!  Good luck in your future endeavors, and as always . . . GO DUCKS!!!

• Applause 1